MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Vinny Mac and his team didn’t have say in anything. Bill Simmons and his team had control of everything. I listened to the Masked Man podcast and Shoemaker was a producer and Vinny Mac was there for all the interviews they had scheduled except for the final day when the WSJ article came out.

Simmons made the call to make edits. WWE had no control of anything besides giving them the archive footage.

You gotta remember this doc was in production since 2019 when Vince was still in power and it was going to be completely different than what we got now. So of course the talking heads were going to praise him..

They really didn’t present Vince in a positive light. Thats why they had Meltzer and Shoemaker there to call out the bullshyt. Tony Atlas and Bret was icing on the cake with calling shyt for what it is. They were the balance..

There is a reason why Vinny Mac went to twitter with that statement ahead of the release. He knew he was gonna look trash..
Threatening to withhold the release of all the archival footage unless they took certain things out of the final product is a de facto Final Cut imo. Without that footage it’s not Netflix worthy and everyone knew that.

I do agree once the new lawsuit hit in 2024 it was more of an “all bets are off” approach, but overall you can tell it was edited to make Vince look like a decent guy with a insatiable thirst to win instead of a deviant criminal.

There’s no way to make Vince look like a good person, and even Vince wouldn’t want that, but most of the doc was spent talking about him being a visionary and creating characters.

I think him distancing himself publicly was more of a dig at the WWE and Netflix for the deal they have and him being ex-communicated. It wasn’t nearly that bad to have to jump in front of. Even the lawsuit they covered at the end didn’t even scratch the surface of how sick he was/is.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Threatening to withhold the release of all the archival footage unless they took certain things out of the final product is a de facto Final Cut imo. Without that footage it’s not Netflix worthy and everyone knew that.

I do agree once the new lawsuit hit in 2024 it was more of an “all bets are off” approach, but overall you can tell it was edited to make Vince look like a decent guy with a insatiable thirst to win instead of a deviant criminal.

There’s no way to make Vince look like a good person, and even Vince wouldn’t want that, but most of the doc was spent talking about him being a visionary and creating characters.

I think him distancing himself publicly was more of a dig at the WWE and Netflix for the deal they have and him being ex-communicated. It wasn’t nearly that bad to have to jump in front of. Even the lawsuit they covered at the end didn’t even scratch the surface of how sick he was/is.
I get what you saying..but for the average viewer i feel they showed just enough for folks to get an idea on how fukked up he was. They could possibly do their own research and really go down that rabbit hole.

And honestly, I don’t think they edited it to have Vince look like a “decent” guy at all. Any average person would watch this and be like “Yeah this dude looks nuts..”

For me I’m just glad something like this is out on a big platform like Netflix and doesn’t paint Vinny Mac in a positive light. Him not being happy about it cause he has no control of it kinda brings me joy :blessed:

He now has to sit there and deal with it.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
So Cokeboy got in The Final Work by working us into something we thought would be :ooh:
mcmahon.gif

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
The short Katie Vick clip :scusthov:

They mentioned the Vince/Steph story :scusthov:

Heyman talking about the argument Shane and Vince had :francis:

Forgot Vince had dyslexia, but I didn’t know he had ADD

Something about having a lot of fun and it’s involving sex :shaq:

Interview guy: :whoa:

Last edited:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Figured I wasn't going to learn many revelatory details about him or his antics, so that allowed me to get focus on a lot of the backstage clips I've never seen. A few takeaways:

-They didn't have to do Meltzer like that showing that big ass bald spot when they brought him back in 2024 for another interview.

-Good to see my man Vladimir the Superfan in some of those earlier clips. If you get a chance, watch his documentary on the WWE portion of Peacock.

-The one thing that shocked me (as much as you can with this crazy dude) is that he wanted HHH and Steph to have their actual wedding on PPV like the Royal Family and then got indignant when she said no.

-I wonder why they never talked Linda's campaign runs.

-I don't know why Pritchard thought this was going to be some sort of milquetoast biography of Vince's life. It's always funny seeing these dudes go on their podcasts and say they didn't have any recollection of some heinous event dealing with the dude.

-Vince conducting interviews with guys like Costas and Armen Keteyian and getting angry on-air at the nature of their questions was delusional as hell. He always struck me as someone that thought the other wealthy businessmen looked down on him and his business.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
As with most of the series, episode 6 was a mixed bag.

This whole thing would've been much, much better if it solely focused on Vince and didn't worry itself with telling 40 years of the history of WWE. Explaining concepts and key moments? of course, and they actually did an awesome job at that. But there's way too much time spent on history that doesn't really add anything of value to the doc and most of the time it deviates from the interesting parts.