MR MCMAHON (Netflix Documentary Series - September 25th)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The idea of the doc was flawed from the start by giving Vince and his team Final Cut. I read that they had to cut hours of footage (which does happen in any doc) and Vince stopped talking to them after the first interview.

Instead of telling a story, Bill Simmons wanted “balance.” You can find balance without putting flowers and daisies on a deviant criminal who has the moral compass of a B horror movie villain.

He was surrounded by loyalists during the interview session that would either help him with an answer, tell the producers to cut an answer or tell him don’t answer a question at all. He’s an elderly sociopath who is probably losing his mind so it’s understandable, but it means you were only going to get but so much. They didn’t want a Robert Durst situation with Vince admitting to catching a body on a hot mic :mjlol:

They essentially put out a project romanticizing a racist sexual deviant for 45 minutes per episode, and then spend 15 minutes saying “oh yeah, he did kind of do this other horrible stuff but that’s just how the business was.” They frame him being a creep with no ethical standards as being a creative mastermind.

The Rock and John Cena, speak so glowingly about Vince you’d think all he did was save cats out of trees but just so happened to run a wrestling company on the side.

Vince has a certain privilege :mjpls: because if The Ringer made a doc about Bill Cosby, it wouldn’t be 5 hours of all the cool stuff Bill did in his career and all the people he put on, with one collective hour talking about him being a dirt bag. It would be the opposite.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Everybody (them and us) find out in real time while the tribute show was already airing
I was on vacation in FL when the Benoit tragedy occurred and didn't have a phone with internet and of course we weren't carting a box computer down with us, so I didn't find out about Benoit being the culprit until the next day. I do remember a shift in tone during hour 3 in the tribute on RAW, particularly when a visibly nervous Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler shifted the focus to Nancy and Daniel and how people need to hug their loved ones. You can find old threads on the murders and it's interesting how they shift around the 10 PM mark and Chris went from wrestling saint to wrestling pariah

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
I was on vacation in FL when the Benoit tragedy occurred and didn't have a phone with internet and of course we weren't carting a box computer down with us, so I didn't find out about Benoit being the culprit until the next day. I do remember a shift in tone during hour 3 in the tribute on RAW, particularly when a visibly nervous Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler shifted the focus to Nancy and Daniel and how people need to hug their loved ones. You can find old threads on the murders and it's interesting how they shift around the 10 PM mark and Chris went from wrestling saint to wrestling pariah
That shyt would be crazy to read today

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I want to say I was posting on the IC when all that shyt went down.

Site been dead so long I doubt the threads still up

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps

Shaggy
Yipee Kai Yay!!!

Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
If Benoit killed his family then im saying he will be in the HOF sometime after 5 years......

If he didnt kill his family then he will definently be in with in the next 5 years

Dont think he will be in it this year for sure...

Dumbass :snoop:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
The idea of the doc was flawed from the start by giving Vince and his team Final Cut. I read that they had to cut hours of footage (which does happen in any doc) and Vince stopped talking to them after the first interview.

Instead of telling a story, Bill Simmons wanted “balance.” You can find balance without putting flowers and daisies on a deviant criminal who has the moral compass of a B horror movie villain.

He was surrounded by loyalists during the interview session that would either help him with an answer, tell the producers to cut an answer or tell him don’t answer a question at all. He’s an elderly sociopath who is probably losing his mind so it’s understandable, but it means you were only going to get but so much. They didn’t want a Robert Durst situation with Vince admitting to catching a body on a hot mic :mjlol:

They essentially put out a project romanticizing a racist sexual deviant for 45 minutes per episode, and then spend 15 minutes saying “oh yeah, he did kind of do this other horrible stuff but that’s just how the business was.” They frame him being a creep with no ethical standards as being a creative mastermind.

The Rock and John Cena, speak so glowingly about Vince you’d think all he did was save cats out of trees but just so happened to run a wrestling company on the side.

Vince has a certain privilege :mjpls: because if The Ringer made a doc about Bill Cosby, it wouldn’t be 5 hours of all the cool stuff Bill did in his career and all the people he put on, with one collective hour talking about him being a dirt bag. It would be the opposite.
Yea

As we see in doc , heyman was there coaching vince and answering questions from behind the cam.

This was a softball. Noone really pushing back at all. In the end they all have his back. All of them. Maybe not meltzer. But even he was soft. Rather talk about wm3 attendance.

Every bad moment on vince was breezed over for 30 seconds then had people defending him and never touched on again. Every rape, sexual assault, weirdo moment in his life was the minor parts of entire episodes. This was the hostory of wwe by vince mcmahon with slight pushback and personal life thrown in as well.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali

Vinny Mac and his team didn’t have say in anything. Bill Simmons and his team had control of everything. I listened to the Masked Man podcast and Shoemaker was a producer and Vinny Mac was there for all the interviews they had scheduled except for the final day when the WSJ article came out.

Simmons made the call to make edits. WWE had no control of anything besides giving them the archive footage.

You gotta remember this doc was in production since 2019 when Vince was still in power and it was going to be completely different than what we got now. So of course the talking heads were going to praise him..

They really didn’t present Vince in a positive light. Thats why they had Meltzer and Shoemaker there to call out the bullshyt. Tony Atlas and Bret was icing on the cake with calling shyt for what it is. They were the balance..

There is a reason why Vinny Mac went to twitter with that statement ahead of the release. He knew he was gonna look trash..