Moving abroad, and renouncing citizenship?

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Yes, but that's U.S. law. I'm not aware of a single country with a law stating if you're an expatriate from the U.S., you must file and declare accounts to the American federal government while living in that country :dead:

Maybe I'm wrong and you can name one, but I'm not aware of any. Also, unless the U.S. plans to send commandos to retrieve you or really wants to pursue an extradition after building a case... if you don't return to the U.S., they take an L on that money they'd steal off of you.

There's no law, all the US does is put pressure on the bank

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
My folks are naturalized and I don't think its even possible for them to keep their original citizenship
depends on the country whether or not they allow dual citizenship. my mother is naturalized and she has a U.S passport and a Jamaican passport. i have both as well even though i wasn't born there because you can claim automatic right to citizenship based on your parents.

i would never get rid of my us citizenship, that's dumb as fukk. i guess some of you don't really travel. the us passport is like an all access vip pass.

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
can you give me an example of such a country

Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Africa, Tanzania just to name a few.

its hard to understand how you would be making so much money

Agriculture, Retail, Tourism, Mining are all great ways to make a living in a lot of countries including the ones above.

its not naive at all, i think we should focus on creating an economy right here in the us

naive is thinking its easier in other countries

No one said that. Lets stick to the discussion. In the countries above being black is not a disadvantage.

so your plan is to move to a country where americans are being targeted, get rich and renounce your citizenship?

Well if we're discussing plans... My plan is to get my bread up HERE. Then when I think I have enough capital, go to an emerging market. Live and do business there and renounce my citizenship.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well if we're discussing plans... My plan is to get my bread up HERE. Then when I think I have enough capital, go to an emerging market. Live and do business there and renounce my citizenship.
this plan doesn't look well thought out. unless you stack millions of dollars.
It would work if you can work for an american company abroad and get paid in dollars. now that would be balling because their local currencies probably suck and are unstable.

i heard on npr radio a few days ago mexicans who get deported are valuable in mexico because american companies want them to work telephones over there lol.

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
this plan doesn't look well thought out. unless you stack millions of dollars.
It would work if you can work for an american company abroad and get paid in dollars. now that would be balling because their local currencies probably suck and are unstable.

i heard on npr radio a few days ago mexicans who get deported are valuable in mexico because american companies want them to work telephones over there lol.

Millions would help, but it's not necessary for a few internet cafes or other ventures.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Millions would help, but it's not necessary for a few internet cafes or other ventures.
do internet cafes really make real money over there?

how about setting up a real business like a construction company. or hook up with a [corrupt] politician... i'd think that's where real money's at.

internet cafe money just seems too slow and anyone can do it and run you out of business.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Just marry a woman from the EU or England if you're that hard pressed. England has really messed up citizenship laws now though. Not sure about the other random EU countries but a lot of them require you to live there for x amount of years even if you're married. There's also a cap on what the US will tax you on I think you can make like 70 something without a tax liability on income gained in a foreign country but you'll have to pay local tax I'm assuming which in the EU would eclipse US tax. Read up on double taxation rules per country. I've been looking into having apartment buildings in Europe. It's pretty complicated. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find an accountant who specializes in it.
yea? i got my UK / EU passport np, like 3 months after i applied

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

needed so many fukkin documents...had them translated from english to italian and vice versa...apostilled and notarized...then i had to wait since so many applied and they closed my consulate a while back so a bunch of states are going thru the one in NYC. then i had to go there in person and they told me i needed an extra paper so i got that and mailed it in and had to wait a few extra months after that :pachaha: i think i was missing like a paper of certification of divorce from my mother in the 80s or some shyt from one town here in CT even though i had the proper marriage documents she has from her prior marriage and the one with my father now :snoop:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, South Africa, Tanzania just to name a few.

do you know how they treat people with passports from those countries compared to how people with a us passport get treated?

if you want to do it fo rpoltical reasons then go ahead, but to give up your us passports for a ghana passport for example is just plain dumb, it makes sense for people like tina turner cuz she is rich and has swiss citizenship

Agriculture, Retail, Tourism, Mining are all great ways to make a living in a lot of countries including the ones above.

lol, ok

No one said that. Lets stick to the discussion. In the countries above being black is not a disadvantage.

in the countries above there is actually less economic opportunity than in the US, if there was actually more economic opportunity over there you would just move there, but there isnt that is why even you have to sayy you are gonna stack your bread here

yeah...................sure...............ok

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
fukk that never. other than Canada and Australia this passport has the best entry pass, meaning almost all countries I dont need a visa, except of course Russia, China, Brazil and India. Thats fukking 4 out of like 196. you know how sick that is? if anything goes wrong, U.S consulate is always on top of shyt. If shyt gets crackin, they issue a message to go to the nearest consulate or embassy and you get a free ride back. If something bad happens, the U.S govt is very protective of its citizens and will come to the rescue to investigate. Having a U.S passport is like having a gold shield abroad. You can hate cacs, but there's no denying we live in a super power with the most global influence. fukk that, you know how many people would literally KILL for a U.S passport. Its like an AMEX black card.

at the same time I don't want to live in america, but its whatever tho, Ill pay the tax its still less than paying taxes there, and most expats know how to go around the lil tax anyways. :myman: