Moving abroad, and renouncing citizenship?

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
THIS.

There was a story of that woman and Danish dude who got rescued by Navy SEALs and she was saying how lucky she was to be an American cause the Dutch wouldn't have been able to do it :heh: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rescue_of_Jessica_Buchanan_and_Poul_Hagen_Thisted

Say what you want, but when it comes time to ride, the USA shows out :wow:

Lets Keep it 100. How many times do you see black people taken as hostages?
:manny:

Even less if you black and got another passport.
:manny:

This was my whole spiel in the beginning. 99% of black people wont be treated like a "Buchanan" in the U.S. :sadbron:But on the flipside they wont be treated like a "Buchanan" overseas.:troll:

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
Actually, the US has a list of countries that doesn't allow dual citizenship...its kinda extensive :heh:

http://www.immihelp.com/citizenship/dual-citizenship-recognize-countries.html

Wow you guys don't know what you're talking about.

From what you've said before, it sounds like your parents are dual citizens. Next time you talk to them have them explain to you that even if one country doesn't recognize your other country's citizenship it doesn't matter. You can still be a citizen when you go to the other country as long as the other one recognizes it.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis

From what you've said before, it sounds like your parents are dual citizens. Next time you talk to them have them explain to you that even if one country doesn't recognize your other country's citizenship it doesn't matter. You can still be a citizen when you go to the other country as long as the other one recognizes it.

the fuk is you saying? use actual countries so i can follow better

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

My folks are naturalized and I don't think its even possible for them to keep their original citizenship

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I am aware of that, but I'm saying, if I reside in another country and have citizenship there with no intention of returning, I'm not having a foreign government dig into my pockets like that.

even as a citizen of US out of the country you may still have to file and declare accounts in foreign countries but dont quote me on that, i forgot the nuances

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
honestly im confused as fuk as to what the hell you are saying

but moving on, give me examples of countries B and C where you think all these machinations will work

cuz you are acting like shyt is sweet out there

LOL

im a citizen of america. i am also a citizen of italy. i can go to, and live in, any EU country and still have my citizenship of the US and Italy. Thats what hes saying.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
LOL

im a citizen of america. i am also a citizen of italy. i can go to, and live in, any EU country and still have my citizenship of the US and Italy. Thats what hes saying.

thats actually what i was saying and why it doesnt make sense to renounce us citizenship

he is saying something else, he lost me when he started talking about "country C"

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
what country do you think would alleviate the disadvantage of being black?

Most majority black countries as long as you're not poor.

so in other words renouncing your citizenship wouldnt alleviate anything

I would move to alleviate disadvantages. I would renounce citizenship to alleviate taxes. :smugbiden: What so hard to understand. :mindblown: Are you trolling? I'm starting to think you're trolling.

i have no idea, but if it doesnt exist, its on us to create such a place
:mjlol:At first I thought you were a troll. Now I think you're just being naive breh.

that just begs the question of why would you move to a place where americans are targeted?

Why would I move to an emerging market? 1. Read what I've written before. 2. There's a lot of opportunity.

Americans are basically targeted in every non Western country in the world breh.

yeah that sounds like a really good plan, im sure that will stop murderers and muggers

No, it just wont attract them.:russ:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
even as a citizen of US out of the country you may still have to file and declare accounts in foreign countries but dont quote me on that, i forgot the nuances

Yes, but that's U.S. law. I'm not aware of a single country with a law stating if you're an expatriate from the U.S., you must file and declare accounts to the American federal government while living in that country :dead:

Maybe I'm wrong and you can name one, but I'm not aware of any. Also, unless the U.S. plans to send commandos to retrieve you or really wants to pursue an extradition after building a case... if you don't return to the U.S., they take an L on that money they'd steal off of you.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Most majority black countries as long as you're not poor.

can you give me an example of such a country

I would move to alleviate disadvantages. I would renounce citizenship to alleviate taxes. :smugbiden: What so hard to understand. :mindblown: Are you trolling? I'm starting to think you're trolling.

its hard to understand how you would be making so much money

:mjlol:At first I thought you were a troll. Now I think you're just being naive breh.

its not naive at all, i think we should focus on creating an economy right here in the us

naive is thinking its easier in other countries

Why would I move to an emerging market? 1. Read what I've written before. 2. There's a lot of opportunity.

ok
Americans are basically targeted in every non Western country in the world breh.

No, it just wont attract them.:russ:

so your plan is to move to a country where americans are being targeted, get rich and renounce your citizenship?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Yes, but that's U.S. law. I'm not aware of a single country with a law stating if you're an expatriate from the U.S., you must file and declare accounts to the American federal government while living in that country :dead:

Maybe I'm wrong and you can name one, but I'm not aware of any. Also, unless the U.S. plans to send commandos to retrieve you or really wants to pursue an extradition after building a case... if you don't return to the U.S., they take an L on that money they'd steal off of you.

Right it is US law..but as a US citizen you still have to abide by that even if you arent a resident. Most, if not all, of the countries that the US allows dual citizenship has that as a part of the agreement. Another example is that even though I am also an Italian Citizen..I still cannot technically go to Cuba because I am a US citizen. So yeah, I could show Italian Passport as ID to get into Cuba and out..but Id probably have to show my US passport when leaving a US airport and into the Dominican or something..then purchase a ticket in the DR and show my Italian passport leaving DR and into Cuba and back. Then US passport leaving DR back to US. Even then it is technically illegal but itd be hard to track if paid in cash.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/U.S.-Citizens-and-Resident-Aliens-Abroad
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Expatriation-Tax
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Inte...l-Security-Tax-Consequences-of-Working-Abroad

some complicated shyt

Who Must Pay Self-Employment Tax?
If you are living abroad and you are a self-employed U.S. citizen or resident you generally are subject to the self-employment tax. This is a social security and Medicare tax on net earnings from self-employment of $400 or more a year. Your net self-employment income is used to figure your net earnings from self-employment. Net self-employment income usually includes all business income less all business deductions allowed for income tax purposes. Net earnings from self-employment is a portion of net self-employment income. This amount is figured on Schedule SE. The actual self-employment tax is figured on net earnings from self-employment.

Effect of Foreign Earned Income Exclusion
You must take all of your self-employment income into account in figuring your net earnings from self-employment, even income that is exempt from income tax because of the foreign earned income exclusion.

Example:
You are in business abroad as a consultant and qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion. Your foreign earned income is $95,000, your business deductions total $27,000, and your net profit is $68,000. You must pay self-employment tax on all of your net profit, including the amount you can exclude from income.

Some countries, especially with Social Security payments, have a non-double taxation agreement however..as well as the US allowing Social Security payments to those living in certain countries. Italy, for example, has this.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Right it is US law..but as a US citizen you still have to abide by that even if you arent a resident.

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/U.S.-Citizens-and-Resident-Aliens-Abroad
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/International-Taxpayers/Expatriation-Tax
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Inte...l-Security-Tax-Consequences-of-Working-Abroad

some complicated shyt

Some countries, especially with Social Security payments, have a non-double taxation agreement however..as well as the US allowing Social Security payments to those living in certain countries. Italy, for example, has this.

Right. But my whole point is, no point in giving them that bread if you have no intention on returning to the U.S. They can't enforce it if you do not return to the U.S. and unless they're willing to send commandos or extradite you.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Right. But my whole point is, no point in giving them that bread if you have no intention on returning to the U.S. They can't enforce it if you do not return to the U.S. and unless they're willing to send commandos or extradite you.

Well they can have the IRS up your ass if you ever come back and have u for tax fraud and heavy in debt. You'd probably have to pay your taxes in full beforehand then renounce citizenship.

edit: 1. i added an example about traveling to Cuba in my previous post

2. its really not worth renouncing US citizenship. even if you intend to not return..life is long as hell and you never know..plus there are perks of US passport for many countries and it is very difficult to re-acquire us citizenship after renouncing

Urban2100

Coligarch
Daps
LOL

thats actually what i was saying and why it doesnt make sense to renounce us citizenship

he is saying something else, he lost me when he started talking about "country C"

The US recognizing my citizenship (and taxing me) is good if I'm MOVING HERE, it will be less beneficial if I have another passport from before and I'M LEAVING for good.