MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
RIP to the goat. That first year me and my girl ate lovely. AMC too far for me or i would jump on that. Alamo season pass holds me down tho

Movie pass was so piff for me cuz I live three blocks from a partner theatre which meant I could reserve tickets from my crib. shyt was so sweet!!! :sadcam:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
All of these shyts will flop soon
No they won't... Problem was Movie Pass had no deals with the theater. They were paying retail for the tickets ($12-21 dollars) while letting you see unlimited movies all month for 14.99. There was no way that was gonna work. They were banking on the theaters making a deal, but why would they, when you paying retail already like dummies

The other companies will last because, like with AMC, they are selling their own theaters. They don't pay themselves anything, cause they are the ones selling the tickets in the first place. Unless every single movie is sold out, those seats weren't going to get sold anyway, but now at least they got your ass in there buying candy and condiments, which is the real markup

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Shout out to Movie Pass. I don’t give two flying fukks who they conned. Going to the movies like 10 times a month, for 9.99, was the greatest thing to ever happen.

The fact these bullshyt ass theaters was already getting full price from Movie Pass, and yet undercut themselves to do 3 movies for 19.99 a month, was complete and utter bullshyt on the highest of levels.

Literally nothing was hurting them and movie pass was paying full price and they still refused to take the money

Subscriber counts dramatically increased as the company got backlash from major theater chains like AMC, which refused to accept the prepaid debit card MoviePass used to provide the tickets at its locations. Less than a year later, the service had gained three million subscribers.

But the wheels quickly began to fall off as some theater chains refused to participate in the service, customers began to complain of poor customer service and problems with the MoviePass app, and changes to the number of tickets provided — including the elimination of the unlimited tickets offer — confused customers. While AMC and Cinemark began to roll out their own ticket subscription services, MoviePass began introducing new fees for popular films and prime timeslots, leading to more public backlash as the subscriber count and Helios and Matheson’s stock price collapsed.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt this would work again. I was in at the early stages and it was the best shyt ever. This is one of those things that shouldve been kept lowkey. After this fell i did the cinemark joint and that shyt was terrible but movie pass left me fiending.

will AMC and alamo keep their movie subscription services?

:sadcam:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I doubt this would work again. I was in at the early stages and it was the best shyt ever. This is one of those things that shouldve been kept lowkey. After this fell i did the cinemark joint and that shyt was terrible but movie pass left me fiending.

will AMC and alamo keep their movie subscription services?

:sadcam:
Well have its successor in streaming one day. Moviepass was just a bad business idea. It was a gimmick that caught on and instead of a teaser rate they just tried to run with it. Sunk a whole company.

Daps
I don't think this will work either as when the theaters open up again - full - they would have to be idiots to not run some sort of deal to keep customers coming in steady.
I would think that is what they would want at least in the beginning. I am not sure that they are desperate enough to give up that control to a company like Movie Pass.
also who has the $$ to back Movie pass this time?

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i stood by the kiosk and bought strangers tickets and told them to give me 5 bucks cash on days i didn’t see movies lmao

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i stood by the kiosk and bought strangers tickets and told them to give me 5 bucks cash on days i didn’t see movies lmao
maxresdefault.jpg