MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
killed card support completely...only to claim they're gonna bring it back...so despite the fact I already have a card, they switched my account to their cardless shyt and I'm supposedly in a queue to get a physical card I already have

fees to use the cardless - although some reddit users claim it's gone...but I used my Sinemia last week and was charged the fee...and that's not including movie website fees, if you don't use promo shyt.

read on reddit that some users who signed up for he advertised 9.99/month price were charged the alternative higher price after a set # of months..and general random fukkery

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just cancelled my shyt now. my local e-ticket theatre keeps saying no movies are available for the past week so fukk them.
i’m cancelling today too. Today was my breaking point I guess because I find it very convenient that the app stops working every saturday night

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
even though I (finally) cancelled still interesting to see what they're trying to do
Low morale, staff firings, and new pricing plans coming: Inside the walls of MoviePass

On Thursday MoviePass' parent company, Helios and Matheson Analytics, disclosed it lost $130 million last quarter, and suffered a "significant decline" in MoviePass subscribers.

The following morning, MoviePass staff came to work to a startling discovery. MoviePass' two-person HR department had been fired, a source at the company told Business Insider.

Now some at MoviePass are wondering if they could be next on the chopping block, according to the source.

To top it all off, MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe has been hard to find, according to the source.

Lowe has not been on an all-hands call in two months, which the source said was a sign of his lack of involvement in the day-to-day operations of the company. Some of Lowe's duties, including running the all-hands, are being done by Khalid Itum, MoviePass' VP of Business Development.

"Mitch has been and continues to be involved in the day-to-day operations of the company," MoviePass told Business Insider in a statement.

Shortly after Business Insider called MoviePass for comment, another all hands was called to inform staff of a forthcoming story, according to the source.

Read more: MoviePass competitor Sinemia is being sued by angry customers who say it ripped them off with new fees

On a call Monday, Itum told the staff the company was "not going anywhere." In fact, MoviePass plans to make a big splash soon by unveiling a three-tier pricing plan for subscribers, the company source said.

This would include the current pricing level of $9.95 for three titles per month as the bottom-tier option, and a top-tier price that would be similar to what AMC is offering with its AMC Stubs A-List, at $19.95 a month for three movies per week.

"We have been listening closely to our subscribers," MoviePass also told Business Insider in a statement. "While we can't share specifics at the moment, we're looking forward to releasing our new programs intended to maximize positive member experience."

The last official subscriber count the public got from MoviePass was when it crossed three million subscribers in June. The company source told Business Insider that tens of thousands of subscribers canceled in October.

If the AMC like plan doesn't have the bullshyt limitations of what movies they choose to screen, I'd get back on board

tgu

Pro
Daps
even though I (finally) cancelled still interesting to see what they're trying to do

If the AMC like plan doesn't have the bullshyt limitations of what movies they choose to screen, I'd get back on board
They lost $130 million in the last quarter. If they release a plan like AMC, it will still have restrictions lmao

WHolla09

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried to do the check-in and watch another movie, but it prompted me to take a picture of my stub. Don’t know if there bluffing or if they really care what you see.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
New pricing plan @Deltron

MoviePass enters 2019 with higher-priced plans and a new model

Starting in January MoviePass will move to a three-tiered subscription system:
  • Select
    • This plan ranges from $10 to $15 (varying depending on the area -- cheaper in the Midwest vs. more expensive in NYC and LA) and roughly continues the existing $9.95 plan with three movies per month from a limited selection of movies and days to see them.
  • All Access
    • The step-up tier ranges from $15 to $20 and keeps the three movie limit, but subscribers can see any movie they want (at participating theaters), at any time, as long as it's not in 3D.
  • Red Carpet
    • The most expensive plan ranges from $20 to $25 per month, and includes access to one IMAX, 3D or other large-format screening per

Apparently at the moment you can only sign up for these new plans with your bank, not credit or debit card.

Last edited:

tgu

Pro
Daps

• Select
    • This plan ranges from $10 to $15 (varying depending on the area -- cheaper in the Midwest vs. more expensive in NYC and LA) and roughly continues the existing $9.95 plan with three movies per month from a limited selection of movies and days to see them.
  • All Access
    • The step-up tier ranges from $15 to $20 and keeps the three movie limit, but subscribers can see any movie they want (at participating theaters), at any time, as long as it's not in 3D.
  • Red Carpet
    • The most expensive plan ranges from $20 to $25 per month, and includes access to one IMAX, 3D or other large-format screening per

Apparently at the moment you can only sign up for these new plans with your bank, not credit or debit card.

Lol, what crooks. I would have never gave them my banking info. With all the stories of the double charging and not being able to cancel, fukk them, glad I cancelled. They’re clearly flailing

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang

• Select
  • All Access
  • Red Carpet

I cancelled on them this month. Not trusting them till I see actual change. Too much bullshyt changes they have done that made the service unusable over the past 4 months.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

• Select
  • All Access
  • Red Carpet

I cancelled last month because these fukkers would only have available movies in theaters at least 15 miles from my location

:stopitslime:

Do they still expect the full year payment upfront cause the email i got is giving the monthly price and is it still for only 3 a month?

Im still good with my alamo season pass and sinemia is starting a physical card rollout that would eliminate the fees. Might sign my girl up for the all access if there is no movie black out fukkery cause $15 for 3 movies is still better than paying full price

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
MoviePass still been good to me. Just copped tickets for aqua man :blessed:

Saw creed 2 last weekend