MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
there is no problem. That’s what you’re not getting.

That article is trying to shame movie pass for its business model, that was obviously not sustainable with all unlimited. Then you try and shame me, for being a problem, because I choose to spend my time and money on movies I actually want to see?

I’ve seen plenty of small market, indy and never heard of films. Cause they peaked my interests. Not because some obligation to them or to waste money to give out chances.

If I had paper to waste to help them out, I wouldn’t need MoviePass in the first damn place
People not seeing the Indies is why we're getting fukking Blockbusters year-round and it's exhausting. Even this Christmas we're getting typical summer movies instead of the usual more adult fare. It's disappointing

tgu

Pro
Daps
People not seeing the Indies is why we're getting fukking Blockbusters year-round and it's exhausting. Even this Christmas we're getting typical summer movies instead of the usual more adult fare. It's disappointing
:yeshrug: You can’t force people to buy your product

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
:beli:
https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/moviepass-now-forcing-users-to-choose-between-two-movies-a-day/

So much for movie night.

Cash-strapped MoviePass saw its service crash for the third weekend in a row Friday evening, leaving its 3-million-plus subscribers unable to head to the theater.

The app crash came just hours after the company quietly rolled out its latest ploy to keep users from heading to the theaters: forcing them to choose between a terrible film and a terrible showtime.

Before the service went down, subscribers on Friday could only choose between two options — the critically-panned horror flick “Slender Man” and the latest “Mission: Impossible” sequel at an odd hour.

At the AMC Empire 25 in Times Square, for example, the two showtimes available for the 147-minute “Mission: Impossible — Fallout” were 2:30 p.m. and 10:45 p.m. A moviegoer attending the late showtime would exit the theater at roughly 1:45 in the morning.

Meanwhile “Slender Man,” a horror movie centered around an viral internet hoax, currently has a 16-percent critical rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

In an interview with The Post on Friday, CEO Mitch Lowe confirmed the new policy, noting that the two movies on offer might change each day.

“Unfortunately, in order to stay financially stable we’ve had to curtail the service,” Lowe said. “We had to right the ship as far as the amount of money we were burning.”

The new move was designed to help the company limp along until mid-September, when all of its monthly users will have been moved to a new plan that limits them to three movies a month, Lowe said.

He denied, however, that MoviePass was deliberately offering inconvenient showtimes, and insisted that over the next few weeks, subscribers will see films throughout the day.

“This has been a challenging time for us and our customers. We’re just trying to save our service to be able to be available long term.”

Lowe said that investors believe in the sustainability of MoviePass’ new pricing plan, but are waiting to see what percentage of the service’s 3-million-plus subscribers renew at the three-movies-per-month rate.

In May and June, MoviePass lost an estimated $85 million, and had been averaging a loss of $20 million per month before that.

Shares of MoviePass parent company Helios and Matheson hit an all-time low of 4.8 cents on Friday, and ended the week down 19.9 percent at 5 cents.

Two weeks ago, MoviePass — which costs $9.95 per month and pays full price for every ticket its users purchase — went dark for several days due to the company running out of cash.

It is not clear if MoviePass ran out of funds this time, or if it now has a limit on the number of tickets it will purchase each day.

MoviePass did not respond to a request for comment following the crash.

Earlier Friday, the new Winnie the Pooh movie “Disney’s Christopher Robin” was available at certain theaters with similar late-night showtimes as “Mission: Impossible.”

Shortly after The Post asked Lowe about whether the late-night hours were suitable for children, the movie disappeared from MoviePass altogether.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Yeah when it works, it's dope, they even allow advance tix/website purchases which is nice. I've used it a few times to watch movies on the same day I used MP

I FINALLY USED MY SINEMIA TODAY..

A COUPLE QUESTIONS

1.I BOUGHT AN ADVANCED TICKET ONLINE AND DIDNT KNOW I ALSO NEEDED TO CHECK IN AT THE THEATER UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE .. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM? I SENT THEM A PIC OF MY TICKET STUB ON TWITTER JUST IN CASE.

2.IS THERE A WAY TO AVOID THE CONVENIENCE FEE WHEN BUYING ADVANCE ONLINE TICKETS? MAYBE BY BUYING A STUDENT OR SENIOR TICKET AT $11.00 AND PUTTING 0.00 FOR THE CONVENIENCE FEE? THE ADVANCED TICKETING IS DOPE BUT PAYING EXTRA SUX.

3.WHATS UP WITH A PHYSICAL CARD? I WANT TO GET ONE, BUT DONT SEE THE OPTION ON MY ACCOUNT. I ALSO SENT THEM A DM ON TWITTER ABOUT THIS.. STILL TRYNA FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY TO BUY TICKETS WIT THEM.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
1. you'll still need to check in with their app even if you buy advance tix.
2. the only way I've avoided the fees is cause I'm also a member of AMC/Cinemark sub services so the fee's waived.
3. I read on the reddit they may be bringing the card back in the fall...so check back with them on that.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I FINALLY USED MY SINEMIA TODAY..

A COUPLE QUESTIONS

1.I BOUGHT AN ADVANCED TICKET ONLINE AND DIDNT KNOW I ALSO NEEDED TO CHECK IN AT THE THEATER UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE .. WILL THIS BE A PROBLEM? I SENT THEM A PIC OF MY TICKET STUB ON TWITTER JUST IN CASE.

2.IS THERE A WAY TO AVOID THE CONVENIENCE FEE WHEN BUYING ADVANCE ONLINE TICKETS? MAYBE BY BUYING A STUDENT OR SENIOR TICKET AT $11.00 AND PUTTING 0.00 FOR THE CONVENIENCE FEE? THE ADVANCED TICKETING IS DOPE BUT PAYING EXTRA SUX.

3.WHATS UP WITH A PHYSICAL CARD? I WANT TO GET ONE, BUT DONT SEE THE OPTION ON MY ACCOUNT. I ALSO SENT THEM A DM ON TWITTER ABOUT THIS.. STILL TRYNA FIGURE OUT THE BEST WAY TO BUY TICKETS WIT THEM.
You can avoid fees by going on fandango Facebook.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
The original model was so obviously unsustainable that I have to laugh at anybody who's outraged.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Only 2 choices The Meg and Slender Man

:stopitslime:
i'm bout to go right now... buy that slender man and just get a ticket to mission impossible. they've never asked me to take pics and i'm pretty sure a credit card receipt does not show the movie and time you went

fukk them... ain't gonna bait and switch me :ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
Denver
Is there any talks of more theaters doing e ticketing? I get like amc and those with their own plans not doing it, but why doesn’t regal? The landmark by me that does is constantly packed. Seems like an easy way for a theater to increase revenue.