MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder too cause some spots near me runs cheap tickets on Tuesdays so they might still cover majority of the price

Yea the theater near me has $8.75 on tuesdays so the lesser known flicks ill catch on those days. I used the hell out of my movie pass so i aint bitter at all

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Movie pass byke! I never seen so many showtimes available in two weeks, it’s tuesday 8/7 just checked to see what movies were available today.

Mission and Winnie still not available tho but everything else is

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yea them lil sundance trippy flicks that play at the alamo or independant theaters are fukked. Like another poster said they shouldve been more humble with their approach. A better option for them shouldve been like 15 movies a month for any movie instead of trying the gym model of pre paying and not using the service. It takes effort to work out but anybody can sit on their ass for 2 hours

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah fukk this shyt. Early showings being unavailable whenever I try to use it is a major factor for me bushing this :camby:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
All I got around me anymore is AMC, and I got the paid Stubbs membership so all this other stuff isn’t applicable to me. But I find myself popping into this topic to see the ever changing news on this pass :ehh:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yea them lil sundance trippy flicks that play at the alamo or independant theaters are fukked. Like another poster said they shouldve been more humble with their approach. A better option for them shouldve been like 15 movies a month for any movie instead of trying the gym model of pre paying and not using the service. It takes effort to work out but anybody can sit on their ass for 2 hours
fukk them... that article essentially explained how this shyt was pretty much the norm... movie pass came and then they got the hookup, cause people would pay for "ehhhhhh" type of movies.... and now they blaming them for taking it back

sorry your movie didn't peak my interests enough to pay actual movie or free money :yeshrug:

you goddamn right i'm going to see Infinity War 2 over some bullshyt indy film.. but the thing is, i'd do that with my real money too... so how is it movie pass fault

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk them... that article essentially explained how this shyt was pretty much the norm... movie pass came and then they got the hookup, cause people would pay for "ehhhhhh" type of movies.... and now they blaming them for taking it back

sorry your movie didn't peak my interests enough to pay actual movie or free money :yeshrug:

you goddamn right i'm going to see Infinity War 2 over some bullshyt indy film.. but the thing is, i'd do that with my real money too... so how is it movie pass fault

Your right i dont blame movie pass it was just one of the positive results of movie pass that will now hurt them. It was a movie bubble that all theaters enjoyed because they had concession sales go up and packed seats. Honestly i feel a lil guilty this should have been one of them lil hook ups i kept to myself for another year. Me putting on my wife’s aunt and my sister in laws spread to about 30 plus people that eventually signed up

:mjcry:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Dammit this means im gonna have to buy my ticket to 'Crazy Rich Asians' :mjcry:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

You're part of the problem. Glad you're proud of it

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
The new system is great to me. I dont know why people seem to want them to fail. 3 movies a month for 10 dollars and then discounts is a steal. I would have paid 16 dollars to see equalizer 2 today if not movie pass. Which really means i wouldnt have went

Anyone complaining is just being greedy now

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You're part of the problem. Glad you're proud of it
there is no problem. That’s what you’re not getting.

That article is trying to shame movie pass for its business model, that was obviously not sustainable with all unlimited. Then you try and shame me, for being a problem, because I choose to spend my time and money on movies I actually want to see?

I’ve seen plenty of small market, indy and never heard of films. Cause they peaked my interests. Not because some obligation to them or to waste money to give out chances.

If I had paper to waste to help them out, I wouldn’t need MoviePass in the first damn place

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The new system is great to me. I dont know why people seem to want them to fail. 3 movies a month for 10 dollars and then discounts is a steal. I would have paid 16 dollars to see equalizer 2 today if not movie pass. Which really means i wouldnt have went

Anyone complaining is just being greedy now

That's a great deal. I might look into it. My go to movie theater sells tickets for $7 on Tuesdays which is when I try to go.