MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don’t understand this movie pass peak surge charging how is the whole day peak surge time Thursday-Friday- and Saturday a breh is just trying to see Antman. I have 2 movie passes for me and the wife.
After they sell x amount of tickets in your region for a day where x is an undisclosed number that movie goes on surge pricing for the rest of that day.

The company ran out of money and had to take a short term loan at 21% interest that’s due in weeks. I’d assume all popular movies will be surge pricing from now on until the popularity subsided or the company folds.

The 5 million they borrowed isn’t more than enough for them to last another month. This is in its final days.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After they sell x amount of tickets in your region for a day where x is an undisclosed number that movie goes on surge pricing for the rest of that day.

The company ran out of money and had to take a short term loan at 21% interest that’s due in weeks. I’d assume all popular movies will be surge pricing from now on until the popularity subsided or the company folds.

The 5 million they borrowed isn’t more than enough for them to last another month. This is in its final days.

Damn good while it lasted me and the wife caught 16 movies I just need to figure out if AMC has some type of family deal.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'll be surprised if I ever get to use my MoviePass again :sadbron:

It's been, without hyperbole, the best thing ever. For me.

I don't have full total, but I've had the service for just shy of 6 years. Never went a month in the red, personally (always used it for more value than I was paying, easily).

But, according to Letterboxd, I've seen more than 300 movies in theaters since July 2015....and all but a handful were via MoviePass.

This is a sad day for me brehs.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I'll be surprised if I ever get to use my MoviePass again :sadbron:

It's been, without hyperbole, the best thing ever. For me.

I don't have full total, but I've had the service for just shy of 6 years. Never went a month in the red, personally (always used it for more value than I was paying, easily).

But, according to Letterboxd, I've seen more than 300 movies in theaters since July 2015....and all but a handful were via MoviePass.

This is a sad day for me brehs.
I've had a membership for only a year... I can't fathom what you're going through right now breh, but I know it hurts...I don't know if we'll ever find love again.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even that anymore. On Reddit I’ve seen surge charge of $8 now.

Yea that shyt was $8 today for teen titans go. I was at a theater with the recliners and shyt tho so i dont know if that adds more than a regular theater. Ill start going during the week since its summer and my kids can wait but man i dont wanna see this shyt fail. It was a good idea destined to fail

:mjcry:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
you movie eaters are annoying. yall don't pick up your trash the movie ends? yall food stinks up the whole theater... yall make too much noise when yall eating while the rest of us are watching the film..

eat before you come to movie theater breh

Man shut the hell up, I'll smack chips behind your earhole next time I'm in the theater

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea that shyt was $8 today for teen titans go. I was at a theater with the recliners and shyt tho so i dont know if that adds more than a regular theater. Ill start going during the week since its summer and my kids can wait but man i dont wanna see this shyt fail. It was a good idea destined to fail

:mjcry:
$8 here is a regular ticket price. That's crazy.

tgu

Pro
Daps

I think I read that the loan was due August 1st

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
yeah 8 is regular at the place I go to for early showings anyway. Mondays are 6 bucks with a free popcorn tho