MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
You can't see the same movie multiple times anymore :mjcry: :stopitslime: :snoop:

Dk4DYGj.png

that's not much of a big deal to me... I don't usually go see the same movie multiple time in a theater anyway...

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Sounding less and less worth it
Yeah I was going to sign up starting sign up for the summer when my work is a lot lighter and I actually have free weekends, so May-August. Now you have to sign up for 3 months at a time, only 4 movies a month, etc. Either I go one month without it since I can't do 4 months, or I pay for 2 months that I'll basically never use it.

Nope, I'm good. I'll just continue to basically never go to the theater. I have plenty of stuff I can watch on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime with no restrictions.

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps

I was looking forward to renewing my subscription when it expired at the end of the year... Now I'm less likely to do it now with the 4 movies a month limit... Oh well it was a good run while it lasted... lol

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You can't see the same movie multiple times anymore :mjcry: :stopitslime: :snoop:

Dk4DYGj.png
They're likely doing this to manage cost. If somebody wants to see The Avengers twice but they can only use Moviepass once then that's less money Moviepass has to pay out if there isn't another movie they wanna see next week. They have to make these changes otherwise a year or so from now the company won't exist anymore.

You can't give people unlimited movies one a day any movie for $10 a month and expect to turn a profit unless you own the theater it's being shown in.
I'd say 4 unique movies a month at $10 is a great deal if you regularly go to the movies. Even if you only go once a month that's damn near breaking even on your end.

The offer they have right now is what they should have came out with in the first place. One movie a week no repeats. Many places a non-matinee movie ticket is $7-$9 so at two movies a month a customer came out ahead. The reality is almost nobody is gonna to to the theater 4 times a month. Many people will struggle to pass 2 times a month unless it's summer blockbuster time. If Moviepass can negotiate the theater ticket price down to $3-$4 or so a movie they'd be good. At least they wouldn't lose money on the average customer.

Moviepass is like Planet Fitness. Most Planet Fitness gyms have far more members than the gym can support. Half their members never even go to the gym but still maintain that $10 a month because idealistically they want to go but are too lazy to force themselves. The guy that goes to that gym regularly thanks them because that's why he can get a $10 a month membership to a gym. People subsidize his membership.

That's what Moviepass needs. A plan that encourages people to sign up because they cost is low but that many people won't take full advantage of so the company can make money.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
I think hey did have that kinda plan already before...I think it was like 30/month for like 4 movies...They also apparently already had the no same movie shyt, but either dropped it or didn't enforce it before the price drop

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think hey did have that kinda plan already before...I think it was like 30/month for like 4 movies...They also apparently already had the no same movie shyt, but either dropped it or didn't enforce it before the price drop
$30 a month for 4 movies would be trash here but if you lived in a major city where a movie is $15 a ticket it might work.

$10 a month for 4 movies is $2.50 a movie. That's approaching Redbox prices.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
$30 a month for 4 movies would be trash here but if you lived in a major city where a movie is $15 a ticket it might work.

$10 a month for 4 movies is $2.50 a movie. That's approaching Redbox prices.

after the novelty of being able to go all the time wore off, I've been going basically once a week. usually on thursday nights when the new stuff drops anyways.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
my account in the app still shows the monthly plan. they're not billing me quarterly. does the 4 movies thing apply to new subscribers?

yeah....for now, anyway.

The only thing that affects old subs are no more same movie more than once, and possibility of having to take the pic of your ticket

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not being able to see the same movie more the once is super wack. They should let u see one movie twice max.

I’m glad they didn’t have this bullshyt when BP was out