MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you go to regal, you should be able to accumulate points for a free ticket and use that to see the same movie twice. AMC doesn’t give you points for MoviePass though

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can see the same movies and 1 movie a day still. My app is up to date too

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
MoviePass brings back its movie-per-day plan

Last month, MoviePass began offering a $30, three-month plan that came with an iHeartRadio premium subscription trial but limited users to just four movies per month. And when asked if the popular movie-per-day plan would be returning, MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe told The Hollywood Reporter last week that he didn't know. But the movie-per-day plan is back and Lowe says he just didn't want people to ignore the iHeartRadio promotion. "It's marketing 101," he told Variety. "We wanted to focus everybody on this partnership promotion. If people knew the [movie-a-day] plan was coming back, they might not be interested in the iHeartRadio deal." He added that the company never planned to abandon "the flagship product that everybody loves."

In April, an external auditor expressed concern over MoviePass' business model, saying he had "substantial doubt about the company's ability to continue." MoviePass reported a $150.8 million loss, which isn't terribly surprising since it pays full price for the movie tickets its subscribers are getting for, in most cases, $10 per month or less. But Lowe doesn't seem concerned. "We have a constantly evolving business model. We're getting more and more occasional moviegoers and cutting back on fraud and abuse," he said. "I feel very confident about our trend lines and I know we're going to continue as a going concern and continue to be popular."

MoviePass stopped allowing its customers to see the same movie more than once last week -- an earlier policy that was reinstated, upsetting some existing subscribers. Lowe said it was about cutting down on fraud. "When we took that policy down, we saw some people turning MoviePass into a cottage industry, standing in front of a theater selling their tickets to Star Wars, or whatever," he told The Hollywood Reporter. He also said that more plans are on the way including couples packages and options that include 3D and IMAX films.

MoviePass | Watch New Movies in Theaters

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Not a movie pass things, but jf y’all become an AMC stubs member ($15 a year), you get to watch movies for $5 on Tuesdays.

And don’t forget to scan your AMC membership code everytime you use MoviePass to rack up points to get a free $5 discount on anything. Seen Avengers, gotta large popcorn, and an Icee for $0 :wow:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Last month, MoviePass began offering a $30, three-month plan that came with an iHeartRadio premium subscription trial but limited users to just four movies per month. And when asked if the popular movie-per-day plan would be returning, MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe told The Hollywood Reporter last week that he didn't know. But the movie-per-day plan is back and Lowe says he just didn't want people to ignore the iHeartRadio promotion. "It's marketing 101," he told Variety. "We wanted to focus everybody on this partnership promotion. If people knew the [movie-a-day] plan was coming back, they might not be interested in the iHeartRadio deal." He added that the company never planned to abandon "the flagship product that everybody loves."

In April, an external auditor expressed concern over MoviePass' business model, saying he had "substantial doubt about the company's ability to continue." MoviePass reported a $150.8 million loss, which isn't terribly surprising since it pays full price for the movie tickets its subscribers are getting for, in most cases, $10 per month or less. But Lowe doesn't seem concerned. "We have a constantly evolving business model. We're getting more and more occasional moviegoers and cutting back on fraud and abuse," he said. "I feel very confident about our trend lines and I know we're going to continue as a going concern and continue to be popular."

MoviePass stopped allowing its customers to see the same movie more than once last week -- an earlier policy that was reinstated, upsetting some existing subscribers. Lowe said it was about cutting down on fraud. "When we took that policy down, we saw some people turning MoviePass into a cottage industry, standing in front of a theater selling their tickets to Star Wars, or whatever," he told The Hollywood Reporter. He also said that more plans are on the way including couples packages and options that include 3D and IMAX films.

MoviePass | Watch New Movies in Theaters
MoviePass Owner's Cash Runs Low With $9.95 Monthly Deal Taking Toll
The parent company has less than a month's worth of cash on hand. Unless they get another cash infusion this is the end for them.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Spotify has been running at a loss forever...

I think it'll last at least until next year while they weather the storm....

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Spotify has been running at a loss forever...

I think it'll last at least until next year while they weather the storm....
Spotifiy has tons of capital.

As posted above,the company will be out of money in a month. Unless they get some investors that's a wrap.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
not being able to see the same movie more the once is super wack. They should let u see one movie twice max.

I’m glad they didn’t have this bullshyt when BP was out

Im ghetto as fukk so it dont stop me. If yall want to see a movie twice just select a different movie close to the time of the movie u want to see again. Most theaters just check the stub for the entrance of multiple theaters so just walk into that bytch or get the ticket from the kiosk, take the pic of it for the app if its doing it for u (hasnt happened to me) then go to the teller and say u made a mistake and exchange the ticket

:blessed:

#HoodHacks

Wallychamp

Kings Lose Crowns, Teachers Stay Intelligent
Daps
Im ghetto as fukk so it dont stop me. If yall want to see a movie twice just select a different movie close to the time of the movie u want to see again. Most theaters just check the stub for the entrance of multiple theaters so just walk into that bytch or get the ticket from the kiosk, take the pic of it for the app if its doing it for u (hasnt happened to me) then go to the teller and say u made a mistake and exchange the ticket

:blessed:

#HoodHacks

:ohhh: us Black folks find ways to work around the system... :salute: