MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
i couldnt find my movie pass card for a week and the thought of actually having to buy a movie ticket had me like

048ab3e58cc7b55e220c7d1b5a613c23d5fb1f96_hq.gif

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some theaters arent accepting movie pass for black panther so i had to drive further out than my usual spot. I guess moviepass plans were to get a cut of the revenue or have their subscribers hit up theaters that play along

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Some theaters arent accepting movie pass for black panther so i had to drive further out than my usual spot. I guess moviepass plans were to get a cut of the revenue or have their subscribers hit up theaters that play along

Moviepass is warring with AMC. They removed the 10 biggest AMC locations from the service to flex their muscle.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moviepass is warring with AMC. They removed the 10 biggest AMC locations from the service to flex their muscle.

This was a regal theater tho here in yonkers at ridgehill. I thought all the shows was in 3d cause they was the only flicks blacked out on the app. Its aight tho i saw it in imax already

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you only really peep two a month, peep Sinemia (SiNEMiA | Private Movie Club) Movie Club. Same concept as MP, but not as restrictive (you can buy any type of ticket), because they limit your movies to 1 or 2 a month, depending on your plan.
Moviepass is suing them lmao they shoud've just offered imax and 3d tickets for a couple dollars more and there'd be no competition :francis:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
I'm shocked this company hasn't burned through all it's funding yet. There's no way I'd pay them upfront for this. They've got 2 million+ subscribers. If each of those 2 million subs sees 2 movies a month or more then they've lost money on them. They've gotta be losing millions a month.
They’re banking on people just not using it, which probably happens more often than not

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I'm shocked this company hasn't burned through all it's funding yet. There's no way I'd pay them upfront for this. They've got 2 million+ subscribers. If each of those 2 million subs sees 2 movies a month or more then they've lost money on them. They've gotta be losing millions a month.
U do realize that movie theatres main income is from concession stands and not the actual movie ticket sells. I think i read somewhere that a showing per person only costs about 2 to 3 dollars based of cost to run the movie. So watching even 4 films for $10 wont hurt them much.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
U do realize that movie theatres main income is from concession stands and not the actual movie ticket sells. I think i read somewhere that a showing per person only costs about 2 to 3 dollars based of cost to run the movie. So watching even 4 films for $10 wont hurt them much.

The theaters don't run MoviePass. MP is paying the theaters the full cost of the ticket every time it's used. They are most certainly losing money to date.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I don’t see MoviePass lasting much longer. How they making money lol

MoviePass is one of the best things to ever happen to me in my life :mjgrin:
I went from maybe seeing a movie maybe once or twice a month on Tuesday for $5

To going maybe twice or 3 times a week cause of movie pass

But Best believe I'm still putting food and drinks in my girls purse :yes:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
yup... out here selling $8 soda when i can get a super mega ultra big gulp for 1.29... 11 dollar popcorn.... 6 dollar m&m's

just like gas stations don't make money off gas, they make it off the store.... movie theaters could give two fukks about movie passes, just buy the food please

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
The theaters don't run MoviePass. MP is paying the theaters the full cost of the ticket every time it's used. They are most certainly losing money to date.
They have over 2 million subscribers. There are theatres that cost less then $10. Not everyone is gonna maximize this and im sure not every month a hit movie will be out. The more subscribers they get, the easier it becomes to monetize the people who dont go as much and/or bank on movies that wont be block buster hits to not come out often. Lets face it, no one goes to see a new movie every month and they sure as hell aint releasing huge hits every month. The service will make profits off of those two things alone