MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Daps
I want to try this out and a friend has expressed interest too. Does anyone know if there is still a delay in getting your card?
Thank you.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I want to try this out and a friend has expressed interest too. Does anyone know if there is still a delay in getting your card?
Thank you.

it said 2 weeks. I just signed up today. but since u can cancel anytime, I'm fine with that. I hope there's no restrictions on new releases I can or can't see cuz I ran into that trying to see star wars using groupon.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
MoviePass To Offer $7.95 Subscription, Launch Streaming-Bundle Package In Push To Get 5 Million Subscribers (NASDAQ:HMNY)

MoviePass on Friday will lower its monthly price from $9.95 to $7.95, in the company’s first bundled package that will include a subscription to streaming service Fandor.

The $7.95 offer, available only to new customers, includes a $19.95 activation fee and one-year access to Fandor, which offers about 5,000 titles.

MoviePass became the fastest growing paid subscription company in tech history, according to Helios and Matheson Analytics Inc (NASDAQ: HMNY) Chairman and CEO Ted Farnsworth, with over two million subscribers in six months.

Farnsworth told Benzinga he expects the latest announcement to push the company to 3-5 million subscribers, which will ultimately have big implications on the box office. The service currently has about 2 million subscribers.

"The big misconception with our model [is that] everybody always assumed it was about making money on the subscription," Farnsworth said Thursday in an interview. "That was never the focus. The focus was on data.

"We're a data company. We are the only company that can actually tell [someone] went to the movie," he said.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
App has only crapped out on me once. Been money every other time (30+ movies in).

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
How is this profitable at all? I don't get it.
They aren't yet. They are living on a big cash investment they received.

The long term goal is to collect a huge subscriber (2 million and counting) base that routinely goes to the theater, present this info to the theaters, and then force the theaters to give them a cut of the concessions and ticket prices. AMC is basically trying to go to war with them over this.

As @Deltron said they are also collecting user viewing habits and trying to monetize this information and they have struck some marketing deals with smaller studios to market their film directly to subscribers (they did it for I,Tonya specifically, I got a few emails to go see it).

I heard they are also helping to finance some films.

But all of that is nothing compared to the strong arming they are attempting to do with the theaters. AMC has dug in and are telling investors they won't budge.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I had it since Sept/Oct and haven't had an issue yet. Pretty sure 95% of the theaters I use are AMC. I just hoping I can buy the ticket though the app ala Fandango soon but this war with AMC is going to prevent that happening anytime soon looks like. Atleast I can buy the tickets at the kiosk and still get my AMC points.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
moviepass can charge $15 and it'll still be a great deal for me. i typically watch 2 movies a month.

i want them to add a premium edition for imax movies since i still pay to watch some movies in imax.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
moviepass can charge $15 and it'll still be a great deal for me. i typically watch 2 movies a month.

i want them to add a premium edition for imax movies since i still pay to watch some movies in imax.

If you only really peep two a month, peep Sinemia (SiNEMiA | Private Movie Club) Movie Club. Same concept as MP, but not as restrictive (you can buy any type of ticket), because they limit your movies to 1 or 2 a month, depending on your plan.

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I hope mine can work. I got the card in the mail today and it has my daughter's name on it for some reason.

my name is Brian and her's is Ryan, so I'm still gonna try and use it until they can get me a new card :manny:

right on time for black panther.