MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You're not supposed to but you can just buy the ticket at a kiosk and just enter your stubs info before purchasing the ticket.

Thats because the movie pass card is just a method of payment and when you reserve tickets in app it puts the amount on the card right?

Pardon my ignorance I havent even opened the envelop my card is in.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Thats because the movie pass card is just a method of payment and when you reserve tickets in app it puts the amount on the card right?

Pardon my ignorance I havent even opened the envelop my card is in.
Correct.

I don't think they have any way of knowing you are using moviepass since the card is just a visacard that gets loaded with funds when you check into the app.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Correct.

I don't think they have any way of knowing you are using moviepass since the card is just a visacard that gets loaded with funds when you check into the app.
bet! I`m probably still going to use Fandango for Block Busters because I hear you cant buy tickets in advance with this (I like to buy early to reserve good seats).

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
how the hell do I activate my card?
should activate automatically once you get it. The app will tell you if it's activated or not.

Is there a way to share one MoviePass subscription? How do they verify that only 1 person is using the card?
hypothetically if you loaded the app onto the other person's phone it could work.

them cashiers rarely check id/name matching on the card.

they really couldn't really verify it beyond you calling your shyt was taken...since you can't see more than 1 flick a day

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This shyt is about to die :yeshrug:.
Fairly certain they are almost completely out of money. My card has been declined last 2 times I've tried using it. Looked on Twitter and hella people are having the same issue.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

MoviePass is not slowing down.
The $10 a month unlimited movie service just crossed two million subscribers less than one month after passing 1.5 million users, the company announced on Thursday.

"We're giving people a reason to go back to the movie theaters and they're going in droves," CEO Mitch Lowe said in statement. "With awards season here, we hope we can make Hollywood and exhibitors very happy by filling seats with eager audiences."

Thursday's announcement did not include any information on how many subscribers are actually using the service to watch movies. CNN has reached out to MoviePass for further details.

Ted Farnsworth, the chairman and CEO of MoviePass' majority owner and analytics firm Helios and Matheson, said that the service is bringing people back to theaters by "lowering their cost," which the company believes is "transformational for the industry."

The data the company collects from these two million movie-goers "will become an important asset to our partners and the future of the movie industry," Farnsworth said.

MoviePass has been the talk of Hollywood and movie-goers since it lowered its subscription fee to $9.95 a month in August, setting off its tremendous growth rate.

Lowe told CNN last month that the company is buying one in every 35 tickets sold in the country. He also said that the company is playing catch up to its own growth by investing in areas like its unstable MoviePass app and its unreliable customer service.

Related: MoviePass CEO: $10 unlimited movie service is playing catch up to its own growth

Despite its successful rise, the service has found itself in a contentious relationship with mega movie chains like AMC while also answering questions about just how viable its business plan is. MoviePass sells its user data to third parties to make money.

"Our service is really low because we are going to use our understanding of you as a customer to be able to give you relevant suggestions that you might find valuable in your life," Lowe told CNN last month. "We might say there's a great restaurant across the street from the movie. If you go over there and show them your card, you're going to get a free appetizer."