MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
i only go to the movies once a month lol so people will buy this just for the allure and never use it
they'll make money like insurance people with people who never getting into accidents

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
tbh tho, i havent been to the movies all summer, not because they are expensive

but because there literally is not a lot of shyt worth seeing

most movies are shyt, making it cheaper/more accessible doesnt change that i dont wanna waste time on shyt when i can just find a bootleg version of a movie i havent seen that is actually really good + eat my own less expensive food

netflix needs to acquire classic films
Exactly. The price is nice but nothing catches my eye :yeshrug:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The Only Downside Is The Large Quantity Of Idiots, Kids And Teenagers That Will Be There Acting Like a$$holes

I Dunno Where Y'all Live But In NY You Gotta Choose Your Theather, Movie, Day And Time You Go Wisely lol

Gotta fukk Around And Leave Your Borough
The life lessons learned being a young nikka with a fresh pair of Uptowns and a Burberry polo taking a bad jawn to Jamaica Multiplex on a Friday night.

The ability to leave that theater with your pride/manhood intact without catching a case or leaving after a fight will make any NY breh able to handle any boardroom corporate negotiation in America.

shyt makes you a man.:wow:

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
Movie theaters are an outdated model, and to be honest there is no reason to be paying theaters 50% of the gross when you can market and distribute directly.
I don't know... they've been around a long time. And it's hard to beat that big screen experience, with surround sound etc... Plus it's just something to do to get out of house. Theaters aren't going anywhere

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I don't know... they've been around a long time. And it's hard to beat that big screen experience, with surround sound etc... Plus it's just something to do to get out of house. Theaters aren't going anywhere
IMAX I think is the way, its an unreproduceable "experience".
That said all movies aren't good or prone to the experience, so I can see a time where you have IMAX exclusives at special locations for a week before switching to regular runs via streaming, but I just don't see a future for it.

Just like public swimming pools, that used to be a thing, but hey ability to build private pools ended them.

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
IMAX I think is the way, its an unreproduceable "experience".
That said all movies aren't good or prone to the experience, so I can see a time where you have IMAX exclusives at special locations for a week before switching to regular runs via streaming, but I just don't see a future for it.

Just like public swimming pools, that used to be a thing, but hey ability to build private pools ended them.
IMAX is def dope. And no every movie isn't good, most aren't. But that still doesn't stop people from wanting to get out the house, or go on a "date", drop the kids off while you run errands etc... I'm more so referring to the experience, the social/psychological aspect. I just don't think movie theaters are going anywhere, even as people find more and more ways to deliver content.

And it's still public pools around my way. :yeshrug: