Movie Cliches you are Tired of Seeing

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
- Sci-fi movie that takes place in outer space, yet all of the alien races speak/understand English and bare some kind of resemblance to human beings.

- Movies where the theme is supposed to be "hardwork beats talent" and the protagonist is made to look like a weakling who needs to train to become stronger, only for us to later find out he's some kind of "chosen one" who masters abilities that it took the villains years to master in the length of the film. Anime is really, really guilty of this also.

- Characters have 5 minutes to save the world before bomb blows up or building collapses. That "five minutes" feels more like 45 minutes.

- Characters sacrificing themselves to save their friends when they really don't need to.

- Friends constantly showing up to one another's home unannounced, somehow always knowing the person they're looking for would be home and somehow always knowing the door would be unlocked. Friend who owns home never shocked or weirded out by their arrival.

- Villain that never hesitates to kill anyone all movie has the protagonist cornered and suddenly has a 20 minute monologue to give or chooses to keep the protagonist captive, of course always giving them enough time to escape.

- Forcing romance and sex scenes into a movie/series even when it does absolutely nothing to advance the story simply because producers feel that romance is required.

- Characters who are supposed to be portrayed as "ugly" and "nerds" that are still literally 1000x better looking than the average person.

- Character getting his ass beat in a fight. Cornered by villain and looks like he's about to get murked. Suddenly, his love interest calls out to him and says she believes in him, OR he has some kind of inspiring flashback, and he summons up the strength of 10,000 men out of nowhere to beat villain's ass and win.

- Protagonists that are captured escaping in the most ridiculous and unbelievable ways.

- Large group of bad guys attacking protagonist one by one instead of jumping him.

- Hackers being able to get into the government's most confidential files in a matter of seconds simply by typing really fast on the keyboard.

- Men being able to win over women love interests by doing things that border on stalking/sexual harassment.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Characters in space on another planet, but everybody speakin english :dahell:

With american jargon and sense of humor, pronounced with american intonation :dahell:

Why one nikka sound like he from texas and another nikka sound like he from london :dahell: get this fukk shyt outta here
Just once I'd like to see a movie or show where the aliens don't speak the native language of the show.

nikkas would be so confused:lolbron:

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
  • Gun silencers making guns completely silent
  • Bad guys killing their own henchmen for minor mistakes. It's fine if you want to get establish how evil the villain is but this same villain tends to have the other bad guy cliche of sparing the heroes life multiple times throughout the movie.
  • 90 pound fem fatales beating up trained assassins 3x her size in hand to hand combat in action movies.
  • Everybody attractive. I can't watch a movie especially a time piece if everyone is too attractive.
  • Characters speaking two different languages and both understanding each other.
  • Rugged action hero gets with the (stuffy, bytchy, snobbish) woman he has nothing in common with.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Denver
People carrying paper grocery bags with loose produce, and you can see the carrot leaves spilling over the top of the paper bag
I don't know anyone that that even gets paper instead of plastic. Do they even do paper bags at grocery stores anymore? If they tried to hand me a paper bag with groceries overflowing over the sides I'd look at them like "what the fukk is this?"

Daps
I don't know anyone that that even gets paper instead of plastic. Do they even do paper bags at grocery stores anymore? If they tried to hand me a paper bag with groceries overflowing over the sides I'd look at them like "what the fukk is this?"

They do, but you have to ask. They keep them hidden.

King_Sage

All Star
Daps
how can we forget the missing rearview mirror and headrest in the cars

Daps
Black characters dying within 30 mins of the film start, or 5 mins of the films ending.

Male character lying to female character, she gets angry to him, cuts him off, but magically forgives him and falls in love with him by the end.