Movie Cliches you are Tired of Seeing

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Every big game in a sports movie goes down to the wire. Every single time.

I get it. It wouldn't be as interesting if it didn't, but we all KNOW it's going to come down to the last possession before the game even starts....

Oh, and if the team loses, we get the "You lost, but you're still winners" monologue.
:laff: Damn right

Like no underdog gets to the final game and gets blown out in the first half by like 30 points and just player the bench in the second half

Daps
Thunderstorms in horror films

People wearing real pajamas and robes, and not sweatpants and t shirts

Black women not wrapping their hair up at night

Woman tries to fix the pipe under the sink, and water sprays everywhere, as if women actually attempt to fix anything

People living in spacious apartments with good views in Manhattan with jobs that only make around 75,000

Homeless people with hearts of gold

The strange neighbor ends up saving the day, instead of being a killer

People carrying paper grocery bags with loose produce, and you can see the carrot leaves spilling over the top of the paper bag

Single women drinking wine out of a wine glass, and never from a random cup

Men visiting other men, and being served Scotch from the fancy glass bottle, because apparently, Scotch makes everything better

Characters having perfect straight white teeth in period films, because most actors have their teeth done

No dirty snow on the street in the suburbs

People getting dressed up for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner

The woman invites the man over for dinner, the doorbell rings, she pats her self down, answers the door for the man, he walks in, asks, "Is something burning?" and she suddenly realizes there is food in the oven, runs to get it out, and it's burned to a crisp, he comforts her, and they go out to eat.

Women wearing aprons to cook

Single mother is a waitress, or some other uniformed employee

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
only one, and thankfully I don't see much of it anymore.

Dude pulls gun, it automatically makes the "chick-chack" sound like an automatic being pulled back as soon as he aims it.

Like it's full of marbles or something. :heh:

Also, not full movies, but the trailers where they show someone shoot a gun followed by a cut to a huge explosion makes me roll my eyes.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI

Dude pulls gun, it automatically makes the "chick-chack" sound like an automatic being pulled back as soon as he aims it.

shyt the real cliche is:
*villain pulls out gun*

Good guy: :pacspit:
Villain: :stopitslime: *cocks gun*
Good guy: :whoa:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

Also, not full movies, but the trailers where they show someone shoot a gun followed by a cut to a huge explosion makes me roll my eyes.
Same thing with a knife no matter how dull, it will make that sound like it was being sharpened when grabbed.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
In comedy movies the main character's best friend is likely a dumb ass or unsophisticated dude who gets both of them in trouble

When someone brings groceries theres always a big loaf of bread sticking out, just in case you thought they went to the clothing store