Movie cliches/subplots you hate

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Another problem I have with sex scenes, especially in the modern era, is all that HEAVY ASS BREATHING. My girl is watching Netflix in the other room, and I always know when there's a sex scene, because it's always some LOUD ass breathing. That shyt irks the fukk outta me. I'm fat and I don't even breathe like that when tearing up some twat. I have really come to hate most sex scenes. I think HBO shows tend to do a better job with sex scenes than Netflix, though.
It ain't an all the time thing but I've definitely had some really intense sex sessions that left us both just laying there breathing heavy as hell and trying to catch our breath.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
In a vast universe filled with sentient beings that have advanced beyond type 3 civilisation humans being seen as special or superior. :mjlol:
Humans out of all these species are the special snowflakes despite the planet being a backwater by their standards:mjlol:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When someone mishears something then jumps to conclusions plot
Especially the 'mishear because they only hear half the conversation' plot

Walk in on a convo midway, hear two sentences and completely misinterpret them, then walk off even though the convo is still going on. :martin:

The axe murderer

Daps
Especially the 'mishear because they only hear half the conversation' plot

Walk in on a convo midway, hear two sentences and completely misinterpret them, then walk off even though the convo is still going on. :martin:
And the subplot goes on the whole fukking story filled with pissy moaning and passive aggressive mannerism

The axe murderer

Daps
Superman: It turns out Luthor had this chunk of Kryptonite that would have totally ruined me if he would've just whipped it out.
Batman: Really?
Superman: Yeah, but for some reason he told me his evil plan first and then tried to trick me into finding the Kryptonite myself. What's up with that?
Batman: Villains are stupid.
:unimpressed:
Villain Ball - TV Tropes

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
When there's X amount of time left during the climax (usually anywhere from less than a minute to several minutes) until the really bad thing happens, and whoever is editing the movie lets it clearly and obviously go way past that amount of time before the situation resolves itself.

Like, I can suspend my disbelief a little bit. If the world end in 5 minutes and 6 mins of screen time happens before the day is saved, that's fine. But if it's something like 30 seconds or a minute left on the bomb timer and you let 2-3 minutes of screen time go by, then fukk you. You should've gotten a better editor or picked a longer time frame.

:camby:
'It's the final 10 seconds of the game! This is our last shot!' :damn:

*5 minutes of passes and evading tackles as the players on the bench stand up slowly one by one while a news reporter does a full summary play call on every moment in the game so far as the big fan who bet on the opponents drops the hotdog he just bought thinking he already won while the star player of the other team who's also a blatant cheater does a final desperation dive over 12 yards that just barely misses the injured rookie who makes the touchdown right before the whistle blows*

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Older sibling is popular and the younger sibling is a geek, older sibling let's younger sibling get bullied in school and even says shyt like "don't tell anyone we're related!"

The secret identity subplot on most superhero shows and the hard nose detective who is determined to catch them because they're a vigilante no matter how desperately the city needs their help.

Trying to give the female lead equal time on a show where she's inherently not that interesting. The male is some kind of anti hero drug lord mafiosi and she is his wife:ld:

To show how ruthless a villain is have him kill a loyal henchman for speaking out of turn or a minor screw up and so the movie doesn't end when he captures the hero who is actively trying to stop his plans have him keep the hero alive.

Dad is always working storyline in kids movie.

Former alcoholic falls off the wagon subplot.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
The character saying "Hello? Hello?" After the phone has already hung up and you clearly hear the click cliche.

The man at the diner who leaves his full meal untouched after he gets a phone call cliche.

• Dap
Reactions: .r.

.r.

Veteran
Daps
A building or place that was located over a gateway to hell or evil place.
Super good or Super Evil characters.