Mother instructed 14-year-old son to shoot, kill man at hot dog stand,

Superstar
Daps
She either called him into the store or he was already in the store. Imo thats putting him in harms way,when the option of shutting up is immediately available.
she called him to the store then told him go back to the car? :comeon:

kid either saw though one of the many windows or heard the fight inside & went to check on his mom.

Superstar
Daps
Uhhh... I'm barely following this but I thought they arrested her cause they thought she committed a crime and only let her go once video evidence of what really happened was obtained :jbhmm:
from the angle of the surveillance video you'd be able to see the assault. they had the video before knowing her name.

the videos were running long enough to show the boy shooting the man, so i'm assuming they saw the assault and still decided to press charges.

this is the timestamped video from their YT account. i do not think the video evidence was news to them, but it may be the excuse they're using.

Daps
from the angle of the surveillance video you'd be able to see the assault. they had the video before knowing her name.

the videos were running long enough to show the boy shooting the man, so i'm assuming they saw the assault and still decided to press charges.

this is the timestamped video from their YT account. i do not think the video evidence was news to them, but it may be the excuse they're using.

Them leaving made it look suspicious too :mjlol:

Like if you were standing your ground, you supposed to call the cops so they can come. Not flee the scene. No wonder she got arrested.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
she called him to the store then told him go back to the car? :comeon:

kid either saw though one of the many windows or heard the fight inside & went to check on his mom.

Didnt make sense to me either,unless she was just done talking to the guy by the time the son came in. But the new article about her suing,says she texted the son. So im assuming theyve had time to get the details accurate by now. But journalism isnt what it once was with the face paced internet blogosphere,so who knows.

But thats probably the most important detail of all of this imo.

Superstar
Daps

Like if you were standing your ground, you supposed to call the cops so they can come. Not flee the scene. No wonder she got arrested.

true, she wasn't supposed to flee, though if she felt the gf was a threat i understand leaving.

maybe instead call the cops as she's in her car & tell them she's on her way to the station so it doesn't seem like fleeing.

but i understand people don't think clearly in these situations. she did turn herself in.

mag357

Superstar
Daps

So yea... I called this move early when the charges got dropped.
And I think this is where it's going to get interesting.
How the city plays this out.
The mother, Ms. Hood is in a great position to easily win that type of lawsuit.

But the dead man's family would be wise to make the same kinda play.
Get you some black lawyers and hold a press conference.
Their case would be wrongful death civil suit against Ms. Hood and her son and maybe conspiracy against the city. Atleast the family can get more information on what transpired that night.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So did she not call the cops at any point?or was the footage just released that quickly?looks like the boy only acted when he started punching his mama:manny:

Honestly not sure if she has much of a case on the lawsuit side. But based on the public outcry not a bad play for a lawyer,they could get a setttlement based on public presssure. If they fleeed and police acted based on what witnesses said. Not sure if the police were wrong. Even if witnesses(the girlfriend) lied.

Daps
So did she not call the cops at any point?or was the footage just released that quickly?looks like the boy only acted when he started punching his mama:manny:

Honestly not sure if she has much of a case on the lawsuit side. But based on the public outcry not a bad play for a lawyer,they could get a setttlement based on public presssure. If they fleeed and police acted based on what witnesses said. Not sure if the police were wrong. Even if witnesses(the girlfriend) lied.

Yeah she'll get something but it may be for this reason alone. The police arrested her and charged her after somebody was killed. When they found out it was self defense, they let her go.

I don't see a legitimate case there so its more likely the lawyers are trying to take advantage of all of the hype and think pieces surrounding it to use that to influence the case.

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
And I say all that as someone who has been out with my daughter,in gas stations,corner stores in a hood near you. Asked nikkas if they could curb some of the language,and vulgar convo in my young daughters pressence. Things got testy,and i realized dudes cant handle being confronted like that,especially with they homies. Yes I couldve went back n forth because I felt I was right. But I either walked away,let them say they slick shyt and shut up. And eventually stopped asking altogether. Why? Because it was putting my daughter in harms way. Certain Ls and bumps you shouldnt be willing to take when your child is present imo. Being willing to die over stupid shyt when im alone would be a personal problem.

1. Confronting strangers in public to watch their language is hella risky

2. U gotta start puttin spaces after all them commas young king :dead:

3. nikkas def gotta start making better choices knowing they got kids at home :wow:

Last edited:

mag357

Superstar
Daps

Yeah she'll get something but it may be for this reason alone. The police arrested her and charged her after somebody was killed. When they found out it was self defense, they let her go.

I don't see a legitimate case there so its more likely the lawyers are trying to take advantage of all of the hype and think pieces surrounding it to use that to influence the case.

But based on the public outcry not a bad play for a lawyer,they could get a setttlement based on public presssure. If they fleeed and police acted based on what witnesses said. Not sure if the police were wrong. Even if witnesses(the girlfriend) lied.
Imo, she definitely has a easy case.
Her bail was too high for someone that you exonerate only a few days later. Her son didn't even get bail.

The state will probably give her a substantial sum behind close doors. They can't risk a trial