Mother instructed 14-year-old son to shoot, kill man at hot dog stand,

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I found a little more information about this incident over the weekend, and if this info is true, then it appears the deceased started it. I heard that Ms. Hood was getting her order corrected, and the deceased got mad at her because they were taking too long correcting it. Now I see why she had a few words with him afterwards.

I've been in her shoes a few times, where a merchant messed up my order, or short changed me somehow, then have another customer lose their cool with me, because they had to wait until the merchant got me straight, as though they never been a victim of a merchant's mistake. Instead of telling the cashier they need to get somebody else up front to take care of the line, like people with sense use to do, these people today have gotten so selfish and narrowed minded, that they get mad at the customer instead, which is another form of self-hate. This leads to other races thinking they have the right to get mad at us for the same stupid reason.

So far, it looks like this was the decease's reason for repeatably telling her, "Get your food", and she kept saying, "Who's in line". This is what I meant, when I said that when you complain to the merchant, you become the problem in this f**ked up era. When I had this happen to me several years ago at Popeye's, I had to not only deal with the rude hoodrat(s) behind the counter, who kept over charging me for a three piece combo, but I had to deal with some young dude telling me, "C'mon Bro!". I just glanced back at him, then turned back towards the cashier, and told her in a loud enough voice, "He all in this". So when I got my food, I told that dude, "Excuse me, Sir", in a pissed off way, and kept it moving. That's how mad I was, after watching him side with some rude a** hoodrats in Popeye's, over a brother my age, or over a brother period. And that's why I also carry my piece when I go to these places.

I remember letting one dude at Walmart, several years before this, slide after coming out even more rude towards me. He had yelled, "C'mom Man!", because the self-serve cashier kept freezing on me. Like who does that not happen too, especially back then. I just looked back at him. turned back around, and kept taking my time, while constantly touching my right hip were I held my piece, letting him know where this could go. He was probably from outta town, and didn't know people down here were allowed to carry. He didn't say anything else.

Back to Ms Hood, I know how it feels when a fellow customer tries to blame you for something that happens to customer all the time, especially after the merchant just inconvenienced you. That really burns me up, and it doesn't encourage these merchants to have somebody else on duty to take care of the rest of the people in line, when this happens. I'm thinking Ms Hood should have said her piece, and kept it moving as well. But knowing today's climate, that's probably not the first time somebody acted a fool like that towards her, when she had to get her order corrected. But again, I wish she would have gotten her food first, then said one or two words on the way out. But that didn't look possible, because he was already in her face before she got her food from behind the glass, and he probably had words before that, if it really started because he felt she was holding up the line, because of the merchants mistake. But until I see a video of everything that happened after both parties arrived, it's hard to say what she should have done. I'm sorry he had to lose his life for both his bad decisions if he did start it. But with his actions, especially striking her repeatedly like that, it was probably a matter of time before something was going to happen to him.

I'm not gonna comment on what the 14 year-old did after he shot him in the store, until I see a video of it. I do understand Ms. Hood not wanting to remain on the scene, especially with the decease's girlfriend still there. Who knows what could have happened next. But I do believe she should have called the police after she drove off.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Chicago mother who ordered son to shoot restaurant-goer drops lawsuit against city: court docs​

By Fox 32 Digital Staff

Published August 23, 2023

Updated 11:36AM
West Pullman
FOX 32 Chicago

Chicago mom files lawsuit after murder charges dropped in restaurant shooting​

The Chicago mother previously charged in a man's murder at a West Pullman restaurant filed a lawsuit Tuesday, claiming the dismissed charges have caused "great harm" to her family.

CHICAGO - A woman who told her 14-year-old son to shoot a man after he attacked her at a restaurant last month has asked a judge to dismiss the lawsuit she filed against the city.

Carlishia Hood, 35, and her son were charged in the man's shooting death on June 18 at Maxwell Street Express in West Pullman.

Charges against the mother and son were dropped when a video showed the violent confrontation between Hood and 32-year-old Jeremy Brown leading up to the shooting.

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office said in a statement, "Based upon the facts, evidence, and the law we are unable to meet our burden of proof in the prosecution of these cases."

The physical altercation occurred inside the restaurant around 11 a.m. Hood went inside the establishment located at 11656 S. Halsted St. to pick up food while her son waited in the car.

As they waited in line, Hood and Brown got in an argument, prosecutors said.

Cell phone video posted on social media shows Brown yelling at Hood to "get your food" before threatening to "knock" her out. He then punches Hood in the face and head several times.

Related
Mother whose charges were dropped in deadly Chicago restaurant shooting files lawsuit
article

Mother whose charges were dropped in deadly Chicago restaurant shooting files lawsuit

The Chicago mother previously charged in a man's murder at a West Pullman restaurant filed a lawsuit Tuesday, claiming the dismissed charges have caused "great harm" to her family.

Prosecutors said Hood had texted her son to come inside prior to being punched. Brown was shot in the back by the teen and then ran from the restaurant.

Hood and her son, whose name was not released due to his age, followed Brown as Hood told the teen to continue shooting, prosecutors said. Brown was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hood's attorney, Ari Williams, told reporters that "Ms. Hood is and has always been a victim."

"On June 18 of this year my life changed. My son's life changed," Hood told reporters at a news conference.

She filed a four-count complaint against the City of Chicago, alleging malicious prosecution, false arrest and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Chicago mother who ordered son to shoot restaurant-goer drops lawsuit against city: court docs​

By Fox 32 Digital Staff

West Pullman
FOX 32 Chicago

CHICAGO - A woman who told her 14-year-old son to shoot a man after he attacked her at a restaurant last month has asked a judge to dismiss thelawsuit she filed against the city.

Carlishia Hood, 35, and her son were charged in the man's shooting death on June 18 at Maxwell Street Express in West Pullman.

Charges against the mother and son were dropped when a video showed the violent confrontation between Hood and 32-year-old Jeremy Brown leading up to the shooting.

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office said in a statement, "Based upon the facts, evidence, and the law we are unable to meet our burden of proof in the prosecution of these cases."

The physical altercation occurred inside the restaurant around 11 a.m. Hood went inside the establishment located at 11656 S. Halsted St. to pick up food while her son waited in the car.

Cell phone video posted on social media shows Brown yelling at Hood to "get your food" before threatening to "knock" her out. He then punches Hood in the face and head several times.

Related
article

Prosecutors said Hood had texted her son to come inside prior to being punched. Brown was shot in the back by the teen and then ran from the restaurant.

Hood and her son, whose name was not released due to his age, followed Brown as Hood told the teen to continue shooting, prosecutors said. Brown was pronounced dead at the scene.

Hood's attorney, Ari Williams, told reporters that "Ms. Hood is and has always been a victim."

"On June 18 of this year my life changed. My son's life changed," Hood told reporters at a news conference.

She filed a four-count complaint against the City of Chicago, alleging malicious prosecution, false arrest and intentional infliction of emotional distress.
Wait a minute, the charges were dropped?

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

By Fox 32 Digital Staff

West Pullman
FOX 32 Chicago

CHICAGO - A woman who told her 14-year-old son to shoot a man after he attacked her at a restaurant last month has asked a judge to dismiss thelawsuit she filed against the city.

Related
article

Lawyer fees must’ve been burning a hole in her pockets