Most marriages/relationships turn into the man doing whatever she wants to keep her from NAGGING

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
We get it, you don't want to get married.

You totally avoiding the point of the thread... "nagging".

Women will never call it "nagging"....but something like "perpetual verbal relationship support mechanism" (PVRSM). :mjgrin:

I think though it has some value, because a really strong family is going to have both masculine and feminine energy in there. Of course, not all women "nag". Regardless, women can provide aspects on situations that a man generally can not. So if nagging means stronger black families, then brothers need to understand it ain't about you, but the generations after you. Dr. Boyce Watkins called it the 100 year family economic plan.....be the one they build a statue on the family estate in 2117....:salute:.

-Newwordbachelor

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
So you'd rather have a nice wife that cooks your meal, washes your clothes, cleans your house, takes care of your kids, etc..and she nags sometimes..

Or you want a thot who does none of those things and adds nothing to your life but degeneracy? All she wants to do is drink, party and waste your life on insignificant things. You have no stability, no house, no son and no life.

Ill take the thot with common sense not to nag :troll:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why as Patrice says, ALWAYS hold your ground when you feel in your gut that something isn't right. No matter how petty. Never let it go. Never try to buy peace even if it's something small. That little bit of time you think you are saving will end up costing you a lot down the line because those little things add up and you eventually have to spend more time undoing those bad behaviors you allowed for so long. Stay firm, righteous and principled, no matter how petty or small. If she's wrong, ALWAYS check her. Not saying to yell at her or abuse her. But always break down when she's doing wrong.

And sometimes you will run into situations where it's kind of ambiguous and you're not sure but you feel it in your gut that something isn't right. Remember that it's better to be too firm than to be too soft. Relationship are hard cause you can never really rest and go on autopilot. If you do, like OP says even the nicest woman will abuse you.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This seems to be true and it's one of the most pathetic things to me. There are multiple men in my family that have this style of marriage and seeing this growing up caused me to change for the better. I really refuse to turn into a dude that worries about keeping a woman happy just to get some moments of peace and enjoyment.

Some men really do work for their wife and go out of their way to keep their wife happy while their woman complains 90% of the time and is appreciative and loving 10% of the time. Some of my Uncles actually get respect from their wife and I can tell they actually have more power and control the relationship. That's why I only go for women that are non combative, non entitled and don't act like they need to run the relationship to be satisfied.
the guy who came up with the saying "happy wife, happy life" should get smacked upside the head.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Bout to 86 my lady over exactly this. shyt was all good in that honeymoon period just 2 years ago :mjcry:

No ring though so :whew:

You do have to deal w/ a certain level of emotionality / irrationality / nagging from every woman...key is to keep it in the 5-20% range IMO. i have brehs who (as far as I can tell) are w/ 5% chicks. From the outside in that shyt looks like :ohlawd:. All these chicks were nerdy late bloomers from small towns or conservative households, though.

Yup. I think most people are missing the point that even though every woman nags, it's a spectrum.

It's like my uncle was telling me "every woman is crazy. You just gotta find the crazy you can deal with." when I was telling him about my ex. But my ex was TOO CRAZY. I'm talking about stressing me the fukk out type. It sucks being in the dating game but I've met some girls who are cool af and have only a fraction of the amount of crazy/nagging as my last chick.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP has stated some truth here. :ehh:

While "nagging" is objective in a sense, due to higher /lower tolerances of the dude. It will wear on the male tho measurably. This is why they always say that the first 2 years of a marriage are the most difficult. In those first years, the male is adapting to hearing critique on the regular from a person that isn't his mother/guardian...and he vehemently lashes back in defense of himself. The fighting slows as he will ultimately prefer a ceasefire to enjoy his couch time rather than argue with a woman for 3 hours, an argument that really centers on his faults. He is rational and logic will instruct him to not repeat a failed defense just to have his point dismissed anyway. He will choose to let her vent, not listen, and go back to doing what he wants at the time. She will view this a victory shallowly and use it as justification of why she feels bad inside regardless of your shortcomings. :yeshrug:
:leon:

Good post.

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
:salute: 15 over here too, OG
yeah, nagging = she dont trust her situation in your hands

Advice: Ignore the nagging, and focus on YOUR moves as the head of your house; this is THE priority
Any woman worth having will respect this, and work with you to make it happen, the other ones don't belong anyway, and will eventually make themselves scarce

I can't stress this enough. I can't speak for other women but I really like it when a man is capable and in control of a situation. On the other hand, I can't stand it when men have the bravado and want to talk big but at the end of the day I have to clean up the mess because they didn't know what they were doing. I'm down to work with someone. But you have to put your pride and ego aside. If you don't know how to handle a situation... then ASK. A mature, confident woman will tell you how to do it discreetly, and make it look to the outside world like you did it yourself.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't care how ALPHA or STRONG a man is, a nagging woman will wear and break him down eventually. It's like a drop off water dripping on your head in the same exact spot once every minute. Seems harmless at first so you let it go, then it comes aggravating and you contest only to learn you can out argue them. Then it hurts you spirit to hear her complain, so you try to do things to shut her up. Then you realize she'll never stop and after 100,000 constant water drops on the same exact spot on your head, it'll will eventually kill you.

Women are hell bruhs. Marriage is hell.
it's not about being strong or alpha, it's about knowing which woman to avoid.

StickStickly

Superstar
Daps
most of the cats i know that are
married are miserable mutha fukkas.

*phone rings*

me: sup cuzzo:jawalrus:
cousin: sup man what you got poppin:myman:
me: just chillin....might get chewed on later:sas1:
cousin: man i miss being in the field with you.:snoop:
me: same soup just reheated....playing no favorites.:sas2:
cousin: if i wasnt for my daughters i would be done with her.:snoop:
me: ya'll are gonna be fine man:mjpls:
cousin: this bytch done got comfortable.:beli:
me: word:patrice:
cousin: bytch keep a dirty crib,dont cook,put on weight.:beli:
me: gotta tell her man.:francis:
cousin: i'm just sick of her man....the bytch disgust me.:gucci:
me: so watch ya gon do?:patrice:
cousin: i'm plottin on a 2 bedroom now man.:francis:
me: what about your daughters?:patrice:
cousin: they will have a room.....the child support though.:jbhmm:
me: you think she'd do that:ohhh:
cousin: :gucci:
me: crazy man.:dahell:
cousin: so when are you gonna settle down and get married:patrice:
me: :wtf:

wat6rr.jpg
He should be telling his wife that instead of shyt talking her to his family. They both lost:hhh: