Mortal Kombat 11 | PS4/XB1/PC/Switch | Out Now

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
What other characters don't have overheads? Every other character I looked at has a variation with a legal overhead special or atleast had a string ending in overhead.

If they don't are they atleast a strong zoner? Johnny has little zoning capabilities. His gameplay is to use blockstrings in a game about footsies.

I’m talking mainly normals. Frost, Noob have basically highs and lows. It’s hard for me in the neutral. I guess they are technically zoners. But say a Baraka is rushing me down. No tool to alleviate pressure really. just duck block because I have no true way to open them up since no threat of any overhead. How does Johnny not have zoning? He has the force balls right?

Last edited:

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Not mk11, but still mk related.

Because it's throwback Thursday...

I remember when this bad boy came out. I thought that was the illest intro they ever did. I still do to this very day.

The fight cheography was on point.

100Percent

Deviatin' septums
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m talking mainly normals. Frost, Noob have basically highs and lows. It’s hard for me in the neutral. I guess they are technically zoners. But say a Baraka is rushing me down. No tool to alleviate pressure really. just duck block because I have no true way to open them up since no threat of any overhead. How does Johnny not have zoning? He has the force balls right?
He has straight forceballs but he's far from a strong zoner. Its solidly quick but easy to walk in and duck cause it's a high. His regular forceballs and high forceballs are also good but he doesn't have them in his kompetitive kits :francis:

But honestly all I'm saying is that I really wish he had atleast one overhead for people to react to. As far as I can tell everyone else has atleast one overhead option outside of hops and jumps. It doesn't have to be a button, if he had a blockstring that ended in an overhead I'd have no complaints. As it stands right now all you have to do is brain dead crouch block. There's no reason to even think about stand blocking, especially when jump ins are so trash.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
How is it brehs?? Been a long time since I played a MK but I always loved them.