Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Beyond bummed that Sub-Zero is so ass in this game. My favorite fighting game character along with Akuma from Street Fighter.

I used to be a loyalist, but I don't enjoy suffering anymore just because I like a character. Loyalty is meaningless to a fictional character in a a competitive video game. MK has a ton of cool characters, so even if I can't use my absolute favorite, I'll still find someone I can enjoy and revisit when he's viable.

This game seems to have really high power levels, strong pressure, and insane damage output. I want to use a character that actually lets me experience Mortal Kombat 1 properly as he has none of these things haha.

My #1 issue with Sub-Zero's design is they base his gameplay and balance around clone. It's a cool move but not very interesting to use and definitely not fun to interact against. He's a powerful, skilled ninja with the ability to conjure ice from his hands. There's so many more cool things he could be doing than hiding behind a ice cube for the past 19 years. I wish they'd stop giving him the move and just make him a dope, aggressive ninja with ice powers. Freeze and slide are fine to keep as legacy moves. Clone always ends up either overpowered and nerfed into the ground later, or weak like he it is now. Very tough move to balance.

Here is a breakdown of why Sub is dumpster juice in MK1

he's ass because they nerfed his damage & mid. He literally needs 3 combos to kill while others need 2. I told y'all he was going to be the 1st character nerfed just off the beta& stress test. To many people bytch & complain the clone was even the better in previous games. Some dumb ass Mileena player sent me a message saying only scrubs use him to win meanwhile running Sareena:heh:

Last edited:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Is it me or is there no variety online right now? All I run into are smoke, rep, scorpion, and Raiden players. I’ve yet to shao, kitana, Johnny, or nitara

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No disrespect but your ranking sucks ass. Some of ya'll are really hung up on the MK9 Sindel scene, and in no world is X better than 11 unless you really love Ermac & Reptile.

And I feel the same way about your opinion. Sindel isn't the only thing wrong in MK9. Ya'll complaining about the different timelines when the time travel element was introduced in MK9 as a means to reboot everything. And yes, the last few chapters of the story mode is where everything went hay wire in MK9. Raiden bargaining souls to Quan Chi and killing Liu Kang on accident are low points. Might as well have had Sindel wipe Liu Kang out too since he joined his friends in the Nether Realm. Ya'll stuck on nostalgia. Raiden is consulting elder gods while his champions are being killed by Sindel. He could've stopped her. I'm telling the facts.

MK11 just abruptly did away with the Dark Raiden arc. Kronika literally comes out of nowhere. Why even make her the mother of Shinnok and Cetrion when we hardly see how their dynamic relates to the story? Cetrion is supposed to be an elder god, took out other elder gods, but kept getting owned by mortals. Laughable. Hanzo Hasashi dying at the hands of D'vorrah out of nowhere. There's a missed opportunity to have him face off against Noob Saibot. I could go on.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Thoroughly enjoyed the kampaign playthrough. Even the old lady is like, where can i watch this without the fights :mjlol:

Yeah I just finished it earlier tonight that shyt was :ehh:

Gonna lab a couple characters and figure out my main now that I’ve got a general feel for the game