Mortal Kombat 1 (Reboot) 9.21.23, PS5/Xbox Series/Switch/PC

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Man I love MK with all my heart, but my buy -late formula has proven successful. Wait gang takes no losses, imma be able to get the ultimate edition with all the dlc fighters unlocked n shyt this time next year for 30 bucks. Of course I want to play it now, but they not reinventing the wheel with this shyt, and the whole kameo gimmick lowered my excitement a bit. Y'all let me know how it is tho, I'll be watching
did the same thing with 11 :yeshrug:

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
No interchangeable moves, everybody is fully kitted this time around.

Yeah I peeped a few matches in lol. I was pausing to go to the move list and the shorthand version is the first thing that pops up and only had 3 moves for kung lao or some shyt and one of them wasn't the hat throw so I was sick... realized I had to go into the menu to see the rest.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Yeah I peeped a few matches in lol. I was pausing to go to the move list and the shorthand version is the first thing that pops up and only had 3 moves for kung lao or some shyt and one of them wasn't the hat throw so I was sick... realized I had to go into the menu to see the rest.
Yeah I did the same shyt and wasn't paying attention

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Nah it crashes at launch. But says I'm playing the game on my Steam status. I sent an email to WB games and they responded back that mad people are having issues with crashes at launch or mid game. They didn't launch this right.
Yeah I had something similar at first happen and it sorted itself out after a while, but yeah there's a bunch of bugs and shyt. The game is good, but they definitely got some shyt to work on and fix.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Do they even have the kustomizable moves in this game? Idk if they just don't have it in the switch version or something. But I don't see the interchangeable move sets
Nope. Honestly I don't miss it since it limited everyone's moveset. On another note, they're going to have to modify these unlock requirements. At least MK11 had character towers that guaranteed stuff, this invasion mode has you grinding for konsumables and it takes forever to unlock the 2nd fatality command.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Nope. Honestly I don't miss it since it limited everyone's moveset. On another note, they're going to have to modify these unlock requirements. At least MK11 had character towers that guaranteed stuff, this invasion mode has you grinding for konsumables and it takes forever to unlock the 2nd fatality command.

I haven't tried invasion yet. Been playing story and I was a bit skeptical about the reboot but im fukking with it so far. Baraka is straight ass though I hate is moves.

How many moves does everyone have about 6? Customized was fun because you could hit dudes with the okey doke. But some moves taking up 2 spots was shytty

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
People are crying about Smoke and Baraka but seriously fukk Kenshi. When sento or whatever the spirit name is comes out you are basically holding block for 10 -15 seconds straight

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Beyond bummed that Sub-Zero is so ass in this game. My favorite fighting game character along with Akuma from Street Fighter.

I used to be a loyalist, but I don't enjoy suffering anymore just because I like a character. Loyalty is meaningless to a fictional character in a a competitive video game. MK has a ton of cool characters, so even if I can't use my absolute favorite, I'll still find someone I can enjoy and revisit when he's viable.

This game seems to have really high power levels, strong pressure, and insane damage output. I want to use a character that actually lets me experience Mortal Kombat 1 properly as he has none of these things haha.

My #1 issue with Sub-Zero's design is they base his gameplay and balance around clone. It's a cool move but not very interesting to use and definitely not fun to interact against. He's a powerful, skilled ninja with the ability to conjure ice from his hands. There's so many more cool things he could be doing than hiding behind a ice cube for the past 19 years. I wish they'd stop giving him the move and just make him a dope, aggressive ninja with ice powers. Freeze and slide are fine to keep as legacy moves. Clone always ends up either overpowered and nerfed into the ground later, or weak like he it is now. Very tough move to balance.

Here is a breakdown of why Sub is dumpster juice in MK1