Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
in general there is a mainstream extreme ethno-nationalist current in turkish society that is exclusive, not tolerant of other languages or ethnic identities and looks at turkish people as being inherently better than others because they are turkish. MHP which is a far-right ultra-nationalist party is a major party. their youth branch, the Grey Wolves, are essentially an ethno-nationalist terrorist organization that has infiltrated much of the country's institutions especially military, police and security.

This literally sounds lest the rest of the world. China, Russia, USA, France, Japan. Which country isn’t on some weird ethnic-nationalist tip.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Lets go even further with it.

Ethiopians also have more genetically in common with Middle Easterns and Europeans than they do with with ppl from lower Central Africa and most of West Africa.

800px-E1b1b.png

The average joe is making about 3 different layers of this weird triangular conflation between genetics -> race -> continents in their mind. It's hard to logically explain why this model in flawed when it forms the basis of so much of their assumptions.

Although admittedly I use to think like this as well. The US public school system sucks.
By this logic than the ancient Egyptians aren’t black Africans as well since they share the same genetic make-up with Sudanese, Ethiopians, and Somalis

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And where did you get that from?
Lol@ this stupid question. Go see how they’re treating black Africans in Libya and how the average black African gets treated in other North African countries.

Seriously this thread is raising up my blood pressure with the amount of fukking morons posting in here :snoop:

A poster in here is cool with Moroccans because some Moroccan he knows is nice to him so he fukks with Moroccans :why:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
You know you can be Arab and African, right? Their country is literally in Africa. African doesn't equal black race

Stop telling me Morocco is in Africa, we all know this and thats not the point.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They are Arabs.
That's like saying Charlize Theron and Elon Musk are Africans :pachaha:

One of their players in a post match interview only thanked Arabs and Morocco, and didn't mention Africa. :mjpls:
So there you have it..

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol@ this stupid question. Go see how they’re treating black Africans in Libya and how the average black African gets treated in other North African countries.

Seriously this thread is raising up my blood pressure with the amount of fukking morons posting in here :snoop:

A poster in here is cool with Moroccans because some Moroccan he knows is nice to him so he fukks with Moroccans :why:
You keep coming at it from an American view of race. They are Africans because the country is in Africa. Race, religion, skin color doesn't have anything to do with it.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep coming at it from an American view of race. They are Africans because the country is in Africa. Race, religion, skin color doesn't have anything to do with it.
They can call themselves British, Japanese, Africans for all I care, they’re not Black African, We are talking about race here not region. I’m not going to support a country who are not black Africans and have made it perfectly clear they see themselves as Arabs and Muslim.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
They can call themselves British, Japanese, Africans for all I care, they’re not Black African, We are talking about race here not region. I’m not going to support a country who are not black Africans and have made it perfectly clear they see themselves as Arabs and Muslim.
no one is calling them sub saharan. they are berbers. native to africa and closely related to east africans.