Morocco just made history at the World Cup - do you consider them as Africans or Arab?

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
"African" = Pure Black,

North Africans follow this themselves.

This is literally what one of the Moroccan players said after their game

FjYnrQdWQAUN5M5.jpg

Notice how he doesn't say "African" :mjlol:

grand opening, grand closing :francis:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Wish this could be moved to the top. The country is located on the African continent, so people from there are African. It's geography, I'm not understanding the huge heated debate.

Obviously Morocco is geographically in Africa dummy the point is a lot of Morocco don’t claim African and politically they don’t align with Africans

Top Left

Banned
Daps
I already posted definitive proof that they're not genetically Arab, they're Berber. Ethiopians have more Arabian genetics in them than Moroccans do. So by what definition are they Arab?
Check the video I posted above, the brother goes in depth.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
"African" = Pure Black,

I already proved that was some of the dumbest, most ignorant shyt you could say. WTF is "pure Black"?

You do realize that Moroccans and Ethiopians share more genetically and culturally than either of them share with Khoisan people, right? And that many Ethiopians and other east Africans have more Arabian genetic admixture than Moroccans do? (Hell, Arabian genetics originated in Africa too, fwiw, but that might be too surprising for you to digest.) Hell, even Moroccans and West Africans are closer than either one is to indigenous South Africans. So what does "pure Black" even mean to you?

You're literally using Colonial definitions and terminology and think you're saying something pro-Black.

North Africans follow this themselves.

This is literally what one of the Moroccan players said after their game

FjYnrQdWQAUN5M5.jpg

Notice how he doesn't say "African" :mjlol:

Except there were multiple players and team officials who have said the win belongs to Africans, including statements from Jawad El Yamiq, Walid Regragui, and Azzedine Ounahi in the same event. And the win is being celebrated as a win for African football by famous African footballers all over the continent. And the ONE player who didn't say Africa, he immediately apologized publicly for omitting Africa and said the win was for all African people too. Why is one guy who forgot to say Africa definitive, and all the ones who did say Africa don't count?

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A Christian Moroccan who looks Arab will be treated better in Saudi Arabia than a Muslim from Senegal. Black people and their disgusting craving for non black acceptance makes me sick to my stomach
I dont know, depends on how rich the Senegalese is. Money being equal, you might be right.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moroccan team literally waving the Palestine flag during this world cup but NO they dont identify with Arabs at all :laff:

Only reason they are even showing love to Africa is to avoid the controversy if they they didn't show love as a CAF representative.
You know you can be Arab and African, right? Their country is literally in Africa. African doesn't equal black race