MOROCCO HAS REJOINED THE AFRICAN UNION AFTER 33 YEARS

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Again you're putting words into my month that I never said.

Reading back through the past few posts.. I think I see where the miscommunication took place.

No not the entirety of the north. Just talking about Morocco

Okay so how is that going to happen when they don't have the capability? They are not the most powerful country in Africa and not projected to be.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
They don't have the capability today.. but that doesn't mean they won't have the capability in the future :yeshrug:

They aren't projected to have that capability at all, they are looking to be the outright most powerful in the North, that's all.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They aren't projected to have that capability at all, they are looking to be the outright most powerful in the North, that's all.

projections are just that... projections. So like I said they don't have the capability today.. but that doesn't mean they won't have the capability in the future:yeshrug:

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
projections are just that... projections. So like I said they don't have the capability today.. but that doesn't mean they won't have the capability in the future:yeshrug:

So why would SSA countries be anymore susceptible to Morocco than Morocco of them, other than your inferiority complex?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So why would SSA countries be anymore susceptible to Morocco than Morocco of them, other than your inferiority complex?

oh my goodness. you keep saying shyt I NEVER SAID :gucci:

we're done with this conversation :skip:

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
This is interesting...despite the ties everyone has with Algeria, Morocco was also an original member of the Casablanca Group which included Algeria and Ghana. These were the hardcore Pan-Africanists pushing for a federation or political union, supporting Algeria and Congo in the Wars of Independence etc. They have genuine historical bonafides they can draw on. Western Sahara is going to likely be pushed aside since most African states aren't keen on secession or interference in each others' affairs.

Unlike the Arabs in the East, Morocco mostly had good relations with the Sahel kingdoms (Ghana, Mali, Songhay) via trade etc. Probably because of the Sahara making a good boundary. However, in the end, they did invade with European cannon and dikked Songhai over at the Battle of Tondibi. Though there were economic reasons in part for the invasion, their pretext (as usual) was provided by some Songhai c00n who came to Morocco claiming he was the rightful heir and asking for their 'help'.:francis:

In fairness, though we conquered them too during the Middle Ages when the Almoravids (Blacks+Berbers) came out of West Africa and up into Spain.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps

oh my goodness. you keep saying shyt I NEVER SAID :gucci:

we're done with this conversation :skip:

You implied that the North or Morocco could dominate Africa in your first response to me.

I said they don't have the capability and that isn't projected to happen.

You said projections are projections and it could happen regardless.

That's not based on anything other than your inferiority complex.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
This is interesting...despite the ties everyone has with Algeria, Morocco was also an original member of the Casablanca Group which included Algeria and Ghana. These were the hardcore Pan-Africanists pushing for a federation or political union, supporting Algeria and Congo in the Wars of Independence etc. They have genuine historical bonafides they can draw on. Western Sahara is going to likely be pushed aside since most African states aren't keen on secession or interference in each others' affairs.

Unlike the Arabs in the East, Morocco mostly had good relations with the Sahel kingdoms (Ghana, Mali, Songhay) via trade etc. Probably because of the Sahara making a good boundary. However, in the end, they did invade with European cannon and dikked Songhai over at the Battle of Tondibi. Though there were economic reasons in part for the invasion, their pretext (as usual) was provided by some Songhai c00n who came to Morocco claiming he was the rightful heir and asking for their 'help'.:francis:

In fairness, though we conquered them too during the Middle Ages when the Almoravids (Blacks+Berbers) came out of West Africa and up into Spain.

Whats ironic is that the Sahel states were not only more developed than their Northern counterparts but they actually DOMINATED them. Berbers were always dominated by Southern Western Africans. This doesn't go well with the myth that Africans were always victims. And yeah I read up on the bolded. Songhai actually won the first time.

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Morocco's problem was too protest the Polisario issue by leaving the AU and trying to join the EU. It wasn't a good political move because all boundary and territorial disputes would have never been solved outside the continent and also at the inception of the OAU it was generally agreed to keep the colonial boundaries. Morocco will dominate SSA, they don't have the political influence to do so and they are not rich enough to buy influence. If Libya failed even with their large sovereign wealth fund , Morocco with far less resources compared to Ghadaffi will not. If you look at the continent on a regional basis you have SADC, EAC and ECOWAS covering the bulk of the continent. The countries in the north are caught up between Middle East politics where Egypt is really the most influential by a distance and the Sahel where ECOWAS has some presence. Morocco can be a big investor in some of their neighbors but as we saw with the Jammeh issue regional political groupings have been institutionalized to an extent that they can deal with there problems.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Morocco is already training many african countries military officers and public servant.

They are doing the same thing France did in west africa for decades, but at a smaller level.

Most african countries are open field for foreigners.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Two countries that are extremely weak by African comparison. Wow.

Even still I doubt Morocco has the military might to send an invasion to those countries(like say France) if they disagreed.

Who's talking about a military invasion. They just need to control a large part of the economy and to have a part of the elite between their hands. That's all they need to extract ressources.

Many african countries are full of foreigners controlling a large part of their economy and slapping people around (e.g.: the lebanese in West and Central Africa). They don't need a military invasion to do that. Morocco is just inviting itself to the party.