MOROCCO HAS REJOINED THE AFRICAN UNION AFTER 33 YEARS

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I didn't know they were trying to get a position in the EU. But they probably realized two things over the last few years..

The arab world/middle east doesn't look like it has a good future ahead. And that the the EU is probably toast and will break apart sooner rather than later. Which would explain why they would want to rejoin the AU.

They probably figure.. "let's become one of the major powers of Africa." Not a bad play, their in a good position to pull it off.

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
I didn't know they were trying to get a position in the EU. But they probably realized two things over the last few years..

The arab world/middle east doesn't look like it has a good future ahead. And that the the EU is probably toast and will break apart sooner rather than later. Which would explain why they would want to rejoin the AU.

They probably figure.. "let's become one of the major powers of Africa." Not a bad play, their in a good position to pull it off.

I actually ment to go there in my analysis, but went down another road when I found out about the disputed trade deal:francis:

TTT

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Morocco was that much of a factor in Arab politics. It's only Egypt, among the North Africans that has had a historically strong role and Ghadaffi's efforts which he could obviously not sustain because of the size and location of his country. Morocco's problem with Algeria contributes a lot to its position on the continent with respect to the AU. Other countries, in particular sub-Saharan Africa, have had better relations with Algeria because of their role in training liberation fighters and that extended towards post colonial relationships. Morocco also contributed but they dropped the ball after independence.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
I remember that passport and thinking....:ohhh:

african-union-passport.jpg

Then read it was just for politicians right now.... :patrice:

_90428475_africanunionpassport.jpg

...and was like :martin:

It's only for politicians right now because it's such an ambitious project but I'm glad it's been initiated. From what I read the plan is to have it available to the majority of citizens within 2 years.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The Moroccan King in this images for some reason looks very "African."
king-mohamed-vi-au-summit.jpg

But anyways like others have said Morocco realized that the Arab or European world was not wise for them. Its actually a VERY smart move on their part to get more into African politics to become the big guy on the African continent.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

I agree 100% with this:
CasablancaMorocco has managed to win the trust of many African countries in its push towards South-South cooperation, convincing them that economic, political, and social development must be undertaken collectively, from within.

I really hope Morocco focus on developing the infrastructure like China been doing but better. But anyways intra-African trade is a MUST!

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
I agree 100% with this:
CasablancaMorocco has managed to win the trust of many African countries in its push towards South-South cooperation, convincing them that economic, political, and social development must be undertaken collectively, from within.

I really hope Morocco focus on developing the infrastructure like China been doing but better. But anyways intra-African trade is a MUST!

Yup the red actually stuck with me the most as well, Morocco has been often highlighted as the most stable country of that region, seems they don't want to get complacent and they shouldn't.

One of my closest friends is Riffian, thinking of visiting soon :ehh:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yup the red actually stuck with me the most as well, Morocco has been often highlighted as the most stable country of that region, seems they don't want to get complacent and they shouldn't.
Yeah and I am glad the Libyan situation did not impact them like it did surrounding countries all the way to Nigeria... Morocco is in a good spot for now imo.

One of my closest friends is Riffian, thinking of visiting soon :ehh:

That's crazy because if I do not go back to Ethiopia this coming July then I'm going to Morocco hopefully.

SonnyEMC

Pro
Daps
Yeah and I am glad the Libyan situation did not impact them like it did surrounding countries all the way to Nigeria... Morocco is in a good spot for now imo.

That's crazy because if I do not go back to Ethiopia this coming July then I'm going to Morocco hopefully.

Where? Need to go Fez and cop me a leather jacket :banderas:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps

Why do you visit a black nation first :troll: