More Black Men Are Marrying White Women Than Ever Before.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm pointing out the reality that black men/non-black women (and black men/black women marriages for that matter...though they do last longer than BM/non-black women) don't last period. People can theorize why this is the case until the they are blue in the face. I simply maintain there is ONE common denominator here.

they don't last period? i didn't realize black men and non-black women had a 100% divorce rate :leon: link?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in mind that the divorce rate stat is based on research dating back to the 60s...

In 2008, 22% of black men married white women...they have nothing to do with the previous generation

Also, if 14% of black men are married to white women, I wonder how many are married to non-black Hispanic women, Asian women and women of other races? As is, probably close to 25% of all married black men are married interracially.

Which means over 70% of married black men are married to black women.

I guess black women aren't losing after all.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
Why? It's a not an issue for me. :rudy:

Umm...no. I'm not comparing the number of BW/non-black men relationships to that of black men/non-black women and looking at the end results (at least not in this thread).

I'm pointing out the reality that black men/non-black women (and black men/black women marriages for that matter...though they do last longer than BM/non-black women) don't last period. People can theorize why this is the case until the they are blue in the face. I simply maintain there is ONE common denominator here.

Please quote the source for black men/Asian women marriages...or black men and non-black Hispanic marriages...

Thanks in advance

Daps
Reppin
NULL
because you'd come around and comment on this thread after it's in the racetrack :comeon:

Wrong. The MAIN topics I comment on in the "Race Track" are the threads started by dumbarse ninjas on this site about BLACK WOMEN. Check my resume.

Keep in mind that the divorce rate stat is based on research dating back to the 60s...

In 2008, 22% of black men married white women...they have nothing to do with the previous generation

This is false...as it pertains to interracial couples. There have been RECENT studies on the divorce rate...specifically involving interracial couples. Clearly these stats wouldn't date back to the 1960s because interracial marriage in many states wasn't even legal until the LATE 1960s. The numbers weren't there for these unions. :shaq2:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S

70% is low...and the number plummets every decade. Plus 50% of black women will never be asked to marry by anyone

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Since your mexican, can you let me know why so many latin men are marrying white women, at least according to the article, when they have latinas who seem to not be a problem?.

Well, I think that black people and Mexican people in this country have a different history. Therefore there is also a very different coupling relationship dynamic between Mexicans and whites as opposed to blacks with whites. To be honest, I'm not a huge expert on this, but I think that it's safe to say that this is highlighted in the statistic that shows that white woman/Hispanic male marriages are as successful as white/white unions.

Divorce - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess that there isn't as distinct of a racial/ethnic barrier as there is with black man/white woman coupling. This study also showed, however, that ethnic women marrying white men had little to no effect on the rate of divorce. Something that I found really interesting, though, was that white male/black woman marriages are staggeringly successful. Even more so than white/white marriages.

:ohhh: :whew:

Anyway, I think that the comfort with and affinity for white people in the Hispanic community leads to pursuit of and a high success rate with white people, and therefore the interracial marriage rate is high. The only thing I can't explain by pitting it this way is the lack of success that Asian husband white wife marriages have, as I know that Asians are known to exhibit similar traits.

:lupe:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps

Also, if 14% of black men are married to white women, I wonder how many are married to non-black Hispanic women, Asian women and women of other races? As is, probably close to 25% of all married black men are married interracially.

Especially in the West Coast.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
smh.gif

Lol Wow yall should sit back and listen to yourselves. Sounding like the black st0rmfr0nt right now.

Why should the color of your skin determine your happiness? If they are happy let them live.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
70% is low...and the number plummets every decade. Plus 50% of black women will never be asked to marry by anyone

How can you say 70% is low yet you're boasting about 14% and 25%? Plus, BM have the lowest interracial marriage rate of any other male minority.

Majority of marriages will end in divorce so never marrying versus being divorced? I don't really see what makes one better than the other.

Apparently, you want to shame black women so ill just let you continue.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Don't let these ninjas goat you.

The stat reads 22% of black men who married in 2008 married interracially.

It does NOT say 22% of married black men are married interracially. There is a difference.

In actuality 89% of black men who ARE married ARE married to black women.

Also, keep in mind that 64.2% of black men are NOT married and 48.8% are "never married."

:beli:

@marcuz

Done and served. :pacspit:

Good night people!

Last edited by a moderator: