MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This beyond sad... If your able to make 100k and can't live something is seriously wrong with YOUR spending habits...:camby: I'm sorry... I can't fathom how you make 100k after taxes and still struggling...
Where in that post did it say 100k after taxes?

I was banned for months, I see youre still retarded

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Then why is it a problem? I don’t think paycheck to paycheck is any way to live but if your alright with it it’s cool :dahell:? But if you want to SAVE money and your not it’s objectively out of your budget. See what I’m getting at?
bruh, most people are not going to sacrifice 20 hours a week commuting to possibly pocket $500-1000 more/month from rent savings. time is a more precious currency than dollars.

and the whole point of this thread is discussing how 100k is paycheck to paycheck for some areas. of course if i can get paid 100k and live in bumfukk nebraska, cool, a lot of people did that during the pandemic. but most people are going to stay within the metro area of their job tho, and those 100k jobs are in HCOL areas where 100k is a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle - paycheck to paycheck doesn't mean they live a bad life, they just aint stackin

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
This beyond sad... If your able to make 100k and can't live something is seriously wrong with YOUR spending habits...:camby: I'm sorry... I can't fathom how you make 100k after taxes and still struggling...
There is truth to that but it's glass half full. Costs like student loans, child support, and health costs have nothing to do with spending habits that hurt people.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
I feel like a success just off not being someone who lives check to check. Me, my parents and my brothers all still live together so the expenses are shared. I was able to quit my job last year and miss 9 months of paychecks and be totally fine living off savings ( although I ran through 25 percent of my savings ) and also I was able to get a 60 percent raise with another job.

As someone who already lives frugal and saves at least 50 percent of my income with no debt, kids or responsibilities, I have freedom in that.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
And that’s cool, but then you can’t afford the city

But it's the cities that pay 100k on average

It's a catch-22

You gotta work in the city to make 100k but everything in the city costs more

You could live in lower cost areas but then you'd be making less.

So u gotta figure which saves you more money in the long run

Also keep in mind, inflation has no favorites

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
bruh, most people are not going to sacrifice 20 hours a week commuting to possibly pocket $500-1000 more/month from rent savings. time is a more precious currency than dollars.

and the whole point of this thread is discussing how 100k is paycheck to paycheck for some areas. of course if i can get paid 100k and live in bumfukk nebraska, cool, a lot of people did that during the pandemic. but most people are going to stay within the metro area of their job tho, and those 100k jobs are in HCOL areas where 100k is a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle - paycheck to paycheck doesn't mean they live a bad life, they just aint stackin
Like my man said earlier. If you making six figures you in the top percentile in earners, absolutely no one will sympathize with you for living in a high cost of living area and scoffing when nikkas tell you the solution is to move. I think working class towns having their home prices skyrocket and getting hit with inflation is a bigger problem then nikkas getting bread that don’t want to leave the convenience of high traffic metro areas. A lot more people have long commutes than you think to save money. These nikkas in the articles just ain’t one of em