MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nahhh them investments gonna pay off in the future. Someone making 40k have have no offramp from the rat race

Technically you not broke if you investing in your 401K, pension, IRA. Thats not a bill that is your putting away for a rainy day fund. It would be no different if you put the money in a savings account. Except investing it is smarting cause its a hedge against inflation cause your money does not erode.

Second most americans are shyt when it comes to setting a budget (which is why jokers who make 100K plus living paycheck to paycheck). As I said on here before even multi-national billion dollar companies got budgets. Yet most Americans frown on budgeting. But like my pops always said if you don't manage your money....your money will manage you. Reality gonna hit a lot of mothafukkas in the future when they hit their 60s and 70s. Jokers gonna be pushed out of the workforce and ain't gonna have two pennies to rub together and then gonna be on the government system getting food stamps and other government assistance to go with they $1,500 to $2,500 a month SS check (which won't be worth spit due to inflation the next 30 to 40 years from now).

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
y'all gotta understand only 15-18% of americans make over 100k

So when u say 100k ain't cutting it lime it used to, 80% of America is looking at you like :what:

But forgetting how much inflation and costs have risen
it’s insane if you check to check on 100k. I don’t care about rise of Cost of living. I can save money if I was making half that in a year

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That's exactly it. The spending. I know on the coli $100K isn't real money and is barely surviving, but that is horse shiit. $100K is great money anywhere, it just depends on your spending habbits.

As millennials, we notoriously live above our means. Expensive apartments, cars, trips, hotels, food etc... all contribute to living paycheck to paycheck. I've had to loan money to a couple of friends who make more than me. Smh

Exactly all these nikkas out here buying M4's trying to stunt and wonder why they broke!!!:scust:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
A lot of the ones making 100k a year are living beyond their means

I’ve seen here in LA motherfukkers paying a average of $1800-$2500 in rent, got the latest 2021/22 vehicle, utilities, car insurance and college loan payment and even worse buying all these clothes and shoes and eating out everyday just so they can say they living that Hollywood life

I know NY and the bay is even worse
Outside of the new vehicle and eating out everyday what you listed is mandatory as an adult

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
where do you live? most people making $100k are in expensive COL areas, high COL areas are gonna make that 100k check to check
I live in upstate ny about 2 hours from the city and to keep it a buck if your cost of living is that high where you can’t save money you’re living above your means, it’s that simple to me.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
it’s insane if you check to check on 100k. I don’t care about rise of Cost of living. I can save money if I was making half that in a year

Not really insane. the problem is if you make 100k, it's likely in a big city where a lot of other people are making 100k and the prices are inflated accordingly. On the coasts, houses are likely $600k and up and in some of the most expensive areas, houses are like a million and up. If your mortgage is 3k, then you have a car payment that's $500. Daycare on top of that. A big family to feed. 100k is really not a lot of money in a lot of areas in the country.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I live in upstate ny about 2 hours from the city and to keep it a buck if your cost of living is that high where you can’t save money you’re living above your means, it’s that simple to me.
It's simply not that simple though...

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
lol, glad you're just going on gut feelings and not the reality of what it cost to live in a place like NYC - the city nearest you where people are likely to make 100k

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps

Check to check is different at 100K

Most check to check 100K earners aren't just throwing it on luxury and bs

401Ks, investing, good medical and dental insurance, kids, good home or condo near good schools all adds up

Think about it. It wasn't always liek this

Median-US-House-Sales-Prices-and-Median-Family-Income.jpg

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly all these nikkas out here buying M4's trying to stunt and wonder why they broke!!!:scust:

Breh anyone that has lived in a apartment knows that many times the lots are filled with high price cars.... :russ: . I remember years ago I lived in an apartment here in Dallas and mothafukkas had Mercedes, Corvettes, Beemers and expensive cars all in the parking lot.

Yet the front office had to send out e-mails every month reminding folks to pay they rent and that they would start charging folks late fees, cause folks were trying to pay they rent 3, 4, 5 days or even two weeks late. :russ:.

Mothafukkas had 700 and 800 dollar car notes but late on they rent...:lolbron:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
because maybe you need to get rid of the outdated notion that $100k is a lot of money for every circumstance. a person making $100k could not afford to buy a home out here, a person making $100k with a kid will struggle to pay rent + utilities + buy food and pay the average $1500/month day care costs...a person making $100k with $30-50k in student loans is going to be check to check after bills....$100k is only good money in a med-low cost of living metro and you don't have any debt

BULLshyt!!?:mjlol: if you legit making 100k AFTER taxes and you going check to check that's on you, you need to balance your budget better and downsize. Downsize everything. Cause you don't need that M4 or those new Jordans or that condo... :camby:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
BULLshyt!!?: mjlol: if you legit making 100k AFTER taxes and you going check to check that's on you, you need to balance your budget better and downsize. Downsize everything. Cause you don't need that M4 or those new Jordans or that condo... :camby:
no one is talking after taxes, that's never the conversation because that means you're talking a bunch of different figures before taxes

i just conservatively broke down a $100k salary here in oakland, that shyt is check to check on a modest lifestyle. lol @ the default being M4s and jordans

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
lol, glad you're just going on gut feelings and not the reality of what it cost to live in a place like NYC - the city nearest you where people are likely to make 100k
I know nikkas that commute to the city for that salary and bank that money upstate, no one is forcing you to live there. They just more disciplined.