MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
100K and up is a lot of money.
I have family living with me that also
make some pretty nice salaries (50k & 60k).
So I'm unique in that I'm living in a househould clearing over 200K
combined.

I live very, very comfortably but I do feel I'd do okay if the money coming in was halved
but I'd also have to give up some things to do so.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This beyond sad... If your able to make 100k and can't live something is seriously wrong with YOUR spending habits...:camby: I'm sorry... I can't fathom how you make 100k after taxes and still struggling...

You say that breh but then you start to acquire nicer shyt, that nicer shyt you wanna keep safe so you move to a more affluent area, you start eating healthier and taking care of yourself. That shyt adds up quick, especially if you got student loans.

It’s not so much about living outside your means it’s more about experience and expectations. I’m 6 figures and 6 certs, and I throw a good deal into my 401K, buy wagyu & do 2 intl trips a year but I’ll be damn if I ever go back to this.

8938cb87-487e-4550-81a9-ff351b3428ec.d7536b2231a2922b13dc6485e8b6ba39.jpeg

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Side hustles weren't need in 1975. Mail carriers made $13k/year. Yearly tuition at public University was $2500. Median home price was $35,900. Fastback Mustang was $4000. No one back then complained about high health insurance or auto insurance premiums. Go ahead on compare today's mail carrier wages vs cost of living.

you put in 20-30 years at a job at got a pension the rest of your life....now it's on you to fund your retirement.

I just looked it up and a the interest rate for a CD at a local bank was 14% in 1975. That's a hell of a ROI for a glorified savings account. No 401k or IRA needed.

A family could squirrel away a small amount of money every month, and after a few years, amass a nice amount to use for a major purchase. Any financial tools available to do so today requires a financial advisor, who is getting a cut. Without simple tools to grow our savings, we are limited to relying on a low interest rate loans. I love my 0% Bestbuy card, but I'd much prefer a 10% rate on my savings account. Real Talk, which situation would you prefer?
all facts. add in the opportunity to buy the likes of NIKE, AAPL, etc. at $1/share in the 80s and early 90s. Trying to compare today's playing field to 40 years ago just sounds like a joke.
clearly some :flabbynsick: in this thread

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You say that breh but then you start to acquire nicer shyt, that nicer shyt you wanna keep safe so you move to a more affluent area, you start eating healthier and taking care of yourself. That shyt adds up quick, especially if you got student loans.

It’s not so much about living outside your means it’s more about experience and expectations. I’m 6 figures and 6 certs, and I throw a good deal into my 401K, buy wagyu & do 2 intl trips a year but I’ll be damn if I ever go back to this.

8938cb87-487e-4550-81a9-ff351b3428ec.d7536b2231a2922b13dc6485e8b6ba39.jpeg

Man you better get them $1 turkey packs and be happy... :heh: :mjlol:

Daps
Gotta love it.

Brainwashed an entire generation into believing you need multiple jobs/hustles to live. Rent your home out, rent your car out, rent your self out.

Sad world.

i feel like this is sad if you haven't been there maybe. when that multiple incomes is coming in though, it's quite lovely :wow:

you just throwing money making problems go away :blessed:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
This is the average monthly bills for somebody living in Los Angeles

Rent = $2,786
Utilities = $100
Food = $500
Car Payment = $700
Car Insurance = $250
Phone = $114
Cable/Internet = $120

Student Loans = $230

Total = $4,800

Okay you make $100K a year. Let's say your take home is somewhere around $75K. That would be $6,250 a month
After your bills, you are left with $1,450

You mean to tell me you can't make $1400+ a month work after all your bills are paid? :why:
What else are you spending on?

The thing is a lot of these expenses can be reduced, it's just people are not willing to downgrade their lifestyles because we as Americans feel entitled to a certain way of living. Somebody laughed at me suggesting a 700 sqft apartment. "OH THE HUMANITY! How could I survive in a 700 sqft apartment???" :childplease:

I know plenty of people personally who complain about the cost of living, but refuse to move out of their high rise apartment. A co-worker of mine complained about the cost to just maintain his car, but was driving a current year BMW. Like come on! I'm not saying that wages are great and are more than enough, but we gotta stop ignoring the ignorance of Americans. A lot of us college educated folks are living way above our means and a lot of people make poor decisions when it comes to money management. Again, 60% of Americans don't have more than $500 in their savings. Everybody has things they don't need and can reduce or cut out completely.

How are you living paycheck to pay check making $100K and there are people making $60K living comfortably? Make it make sense. Make more money, you are just going to spend more money.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
100k is closer to 60k take home in California. And what a lot of those budgets aren't accounting for is living, and alcohol. A a lot of young and getting less young 30 something drink a lot and go out a lot. That's a $ few hundred a week, easy. Because you have to account for WHERE they go, and what kind of places they frequent.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
they say people byke in the day were way more willing to move for purely economic reasons

all my ancestors moved from the south to cold azz chicago, honkys went west to the desolate prairies, shyt mexicans will move to buttfukk idaho for the bag

all that being said, i live somewhere were 100K can be lived on easily…but most don’t have the heart to voluntarily live such an austere (compared to NYC DC HTX etc) lifestyle. nikkaz want it both ways but you gotta pay the piper one way or the other. its gonna be a tradeoff no matter what path you choose, and check->check is just some folks choice