MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
But most people are defending luxury when in these discussions.

And yes that is true, but you still have to be smart with your money and live within your means. Just because time has passed, that doesn't mean you deserve to live better than anybody. You have to manage your money properly. Most people don't spend and manage their money properly and so with living paycheck to paycheck, they chalk it up to "The cost of living..."

So you cool with the growing income inequality and lower standard of living with lower disposable income for people with advanced careers?

If so, I understand why Gen Z ain't participating in the rat race much at all. Its rigged and its on the verge of self destructing.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I know nikkas that commute to the city for that salary and bank that money upstate, no one is forcing you to live there. They just more disciplined.

That sounds like a nightmare. You'll be paying on the backend in health related costs.

This looks misleading. Why did they buy a $433k house on a $100k salary? They could've bought something at $275-$325k and been fine.

Please find me a home in Nova for $275k

I actually hate nova because it's the land of fake town centers but I'll gladly snatch it up and flip it

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
That sounds like a nightmare. You'll be paying on the backend in health related costs.

Please find me a home in Nova for $275k

I actually hate nova because it's the land of fake town centers but I'll gladly snatch it up and flip it
I’m by no means saying it’s easy. A lot of these people are unhealthy unless they make it a point to eat right, pack their own lunch and exercise on their own time. When I was a jit a lot of cats upstate only saw they pops on sat and sun. I am by no means saying it’s easy but if you want a city salary with a low cost of living you have to commute or be a tech cat working from home. These guys scoff at what others do when you offer other options. They want my working class azz to clap my hands and adjust a hot housing market. Bro I’m upstate and we getting fcked with housing prices and we suppose feel bad for a six figure earner in a high priced city?

It sucks but this is the sacrifice men do to provide for their families and pass on a house with no mortgage to their kids. these boujie brothas turn they nose to what brothas in the Poughkeepsie area or beacon etc, been doing I can’t feel bad for em. The cities ain’t ever going back down cause a cat with more money is willing to spend more for that location and you gotta choose. But hey call me ignorant and bytch on thecoli while offering no soulutions or suggestions.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Why do people complain so much and don't do anything about it?

Because the Majority for the most part(CACS) are too stupid, prejudice, and brainwashed. They'll deal with this government kicking em in the ass and bytch and moan before fighting with nikkas and wetbacks to really change things.

Plus they'll just push the complaining minorities out and move the CACs who can afford this shyt in. Rinse wash repeat

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I’m by no means saying it’s easy. A lot of these people are unhealthy unless they make it a point to eat right, pack their own lunch and exercise on their own time. When I was a jit a lot of cats upstate only saw they pops on sat and sun. I am by no means saying it’s easy but if you want a city salary with a low cost of living you have to commute or be a tech cat working from home. These guys scoff at what others do when you offer other options. They want my working class azz to clap my hands and adjust a hot housing market. Bro I’m upstate and we getting fcked with housing prices and we suppose feel bad for a six figure earner in a high priced city?

It sucks but this is the sacrifice men do to provide for their families and pass on a house with no mortgage to their kids. these boujie brothas turn they nose to what brothas in the Poughkeepsie area or beacon etc, been doing I can’t feel bad for em. The cities ain’t ever going back down cause a cat with more money is willing to spend more for that location and you gotta choose. But hey call me ignorant and bytch on thecoli while offering no soulutions or suggestions.

French Revolution 3.0 on these Landlords.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
French Revolution 3.0 on these Landlords.
It’s the only way tbh. Home ownership is the best way to achieve generational wealth. You work and pass yo shyt to your kid, they pass their homes and yours to the grand kids an so on. By the time ya great great grand kids kickin they could be land lords so they don’t gotta grind like us. That was the blue print for generational wealth, now housing is so expensive it looks like future generations won’t get that chance.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
I would live in a 700sqft apartment. As long as the shyt clean, which that one was, what's the problem? I thought men only needed the basic necessities and a 77" OLED?
Nah it's not enough. That is poverty according to most folks today. If you are a single person you need at least a 1200 sqft apartment with an office, hardwood floors & stainless steel appliances. Also you need a view of the city skyline and lake on the 8th floor. That is just the bare minimum. If you don't have that then you are living an impoverished life.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
I feel like a success just off not being someone who lives check to check. Me, my parents and my brothers all still live together so the expenses are shared. I was able to quit my job last year and miss 9 months of paychecks and be totally fine living off savings ( although I ran through 25 percent of my savings ) and also I was able to get a 60 percent raise with another job.

As someone who already lives frugal and saves at least 50 percent of my income with no debt, kids or responsibilities, I have freedom in that.

I think the bolded is going to be more of a thing going forward. With living costs skyrocketing without wages alongside it, many people are gonna have to let go of the the idea of leaving home to live alone. Multiple families in a household seems like the simplest way to get ahead these days.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spot on. I just looked it up and a the interest rate for a CD at a local bank was 14% in 1975. That's a hell of a ROI for a glorified savings account. No 401k or IRA needed.

This is true interest rates on savings and CDs were higher then. To play devils advocate the interest rates were also higher then when you borrowed from the bank. For example interest rates for mortgages were 7% at the beginning of the 70s and almost 13% in 1979. At the beginning of the 1980s mortgage interest rates were damn near 19%. So its not like folks were making money on that interest rate with their money in the bank when Inflation was still killing them and eroding their money in the 70s and early 80s.

Folks talking about interest rates and inflation now have no idea how bad it was in the 70s and early 80s. My dad almost 70 and still to this day talks about how high interest rates were then and how a lot of folks were picking up two jobs then cause of the run away inflation and the OPEC fuel crisis. Pops told me how one time he waiting in line for 6 hours in a blizzard in Chicago due to the OPEC fuel shortage.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I think the bolded is going to be more of a thing going forward. With living costs skyrocketing without wages alongside it, many people are gonna have to let go of the the idea of leaving home to live alone. Multiple families in a household seems like the simplest way to get ahead these days.
gonna check how many people dap you for this but were then laughing at the article talking about women choosing to shack up together. those women got called all sorts derogatory names for simply trying to create a more financially sustainable living situation

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Or get roommates or try and find a mate so you can have duel income household. Or move to another location and work there. The days of trying to fit a round peg into a square hole is over. Just because you want to live somewhere or live where you grew up. That might not mean that is the best place for you to live in order to take care of yourself.

shyt I went to college in Mississippi and almost all them folks in college (and their parents) knew they would have to move away from their home in Mississippi to another state in order to participate in the career they got their degree in. Or else they asses would have a 4 year degree working at Sack & Save, Piggly Wiggly, Walmart, the local cable factory or local chicken plant making 6 dollars an hour with 40K of student loan debt while living at they momma and daddy house.

Now if some folks from Mississippi can understand that surely folks in other places should understand that.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
This is true interest rates on savings and CDs were higher then. To play devils advocate the interest rates were also higher then when you borrowed from the bank. For example interest rates for mortgages were 7% at the beginning of the 70s and almost 13% in 1979. At the beginning of the 1980s mortgage interest rates were damn near 19%. So its not like folks were making money on that interest rate with their money in the bank when Inflation was still killing them and eroding their money in the 70s and early 80s.

Folks talking about interest rates and inflation now have no idea how bad it was in the 70s and early 80s. My dad almost 70 and still to this day talks about how high interest rates were then and how a lot of folks were picking up two jobs then cause of the run away inflation and the OPEC fuel crisis. Pops told me how one time he waiting in line for 6 hours in a blizzard in Chicago due to the OPEC fuel shortage.

Yeah. I too remember people complaining about the cost to borrow money in the 70s. Its ridiculously cheaper today to borrow money, but unfortunately there's simply more need to borrow money today vs in the 70s. Most of the Dave Ramsey era advice on creating wealth is entirely based on the days of high interest rates. A family could squirrel away a small amount of money every month, and after a few years, amass a nice amount to use for a major purchase. Any financial tools available to do so today requires a financial advisor, who is getting a cut. Without simple tools to grow our savings, we are limited to relying on a low interest rate loans. I love my 0% Bestbuy card, but I'd much prefer a 10% rate on my savings account. Real Talk, which situation would you prefer?

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Nah it's not enough. That is poverty according to most folks today. If you are a single person you need at least a 1200 sqft apartment with an office, hardwood floors & stainless steel appliances. Also you need a view of the city skyline and lake on the 8th floor. That is just the bare minimum. If you don't have that then you are living an impoverished life.
I’m considering moving to Miami just for this.

Only if @Hazel Brown joins me :shaq: