MORE AMERICANS ARE LIVING PAYCHECK-TO-PAYCHECK, EVEN THOSE EARNING MORE THAN $100,000.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
This is the average monthly bills for somebody living in Los Angeles

Rent = $2,786
Utilities = $100
Food = $500
Car Payment = $700
Car Insurance = $250
Phone = $114
Cable/Internet = $120
Student Loans = $230

Total = $4,800

Okay you make $100K a year. Let's say your take home is somewhere around $75K. That would be $6,250 a month
After your bills, you are left with $1,450

You mean to tell me you can't make $1400+ a month work after all your bills are paid? :why:
What else are you spending on?

The thing is a lot of these expenses can be reduced, it's just people are not willing to downgrade their lifestyles because we as Americans feel entitled to a certain way of living. Somebody laughed at me suggesting a 700 sqft apartment. "OH THE HUMANITY! How could I survive in a 700 sqft apartment???" :childplease:

I know plenty of people personally who complain about the cost of living, but refuse to move out of their high rise apartment. A co-worker of mine complained about the cost to just maintain his car, but was driving a current year BMW. Like come on! I'm not saying that wages are great and are more than enough, but we gotta stop ignoring the ignorance of Americans. A lot of us college educated folks are living way above our means and a lot of people make poor decisions when it comes to money management. Again, 60% of Americans don't have more than $500 in their savings. Everybody has things they don't need and can reduce or cut out completely.

How are you living paycheck to pay check making $100K and there are people making $60K living comfortably? Make it make sense. Make more money, you are just going to spend more money.
Your food budget is very low. You can easily spend $250 a week on food. Also health insurance premiums are high.

Last edited:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"

Rent = $2,786
Utilities = $100
Food = $500
Car Payment = $700
Car Insurance = $250
Phone = $114
Cable/Internet = $120
Student Loans = $230

Total = $4,800

Okay you make $100K a year. Let's say your take home is somewhere around $75K. That would be $6,250 a month

You mean to tell me you can't make $1400+ a month work after all your bills are paid? :why:

The thing is a lot of these expenses can be reduced, it's just people are not willing to downgrade their lifestyles because we as Americans feel entitled to a certain way of living. Somebody laughed at me suggesting a 700 sqft apartment. "OH THE HUMANITY! How could I survive in a 700 sqft apartment???" :childplease:

I know plenty of people personally who complain about the cost of living, but refuse to move out of their high rise apartment. A co-worker of mine complained about the cost to just maintain his car, but was driving a current year BMW. Like come on! I'm not saying that wages are great and are more than enough, but we gotta stop ignoring the ignorance of Americans. A lot of us college educated folks are living way above our means and a lot of people make poor decisions when it comes to money management. Again, 60% of Americans don't have more than $500 in their savings. Everybody has things they don't need and can reduce or cut out completely.

How are you living paycheck to pay check making $100K and there are people making $60K living comfortably? Make it make sense. Make more money, you are just going to spend more money.
Food 500??? Lmao. Three dinners out with my wife and kids 500 breh. What we talking about.

Groceries for Mlmy family average $400 a WEEK breh.

dr. pill biden

All Star
Daps
Yea idk how people be saying 300 a month for food.

Not everyone eats ramen noodles
we can do groceries on $450 in my household but we got a seperate budget line for entertainment like going out etc. a lot of not going paycheck to paycheck requires financial discipline which again…a lot of folks just don’t have the heart nor ability to do it

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps

Rent = $2,786
Utilities = $100
Food = $500
Car Payment = $700
Car Insurance = $250
Phone = $114
Cable/Internet = $120
Student Loans = $230

Total = $4,800

Car payment is a choice.

Student loans are a choice.

Rent is a choice.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

Rent = $2,786
Utilities = $100
Food = $500
Car Payment = $700
Car Insurance = $250
Phone = $114
Cable/Internet = $120
Student Loans = $230

Total = $4,800

been seeing a lot of scott steiner math on the coli lately

itll bring you to 70k, not 75k. Using your math would leave you with $5,800 after taxes per month, which is 1k for a month. In LA. Before the bills you left out below:

I see you leave out gas($5+ a gallon), leisure, dates, emergencies, other common bills (registration on car[registration on a $700 month car in california going to run you about $500 a year], oil changes, pay to park on street in LA or parking garages,toll fees etc). I pay $140 a month in toll fees in the bay area as example.

Well looks like just between gas, parking, oil changes and other bills that $1000 is gone.

also dont know cable/internet at $120. I pay for xfinity and my bill is $200 a month and I dont even have Starz :heh:

No netflix, spotify, hulu, gym fees.

You got it man.

Last edited:
Daps

itll bring you to 70k, not 75k. Using your math would leave you with $5,800 after taxes per month, which is 1k for a month. In LA. Before the bills you left out below:

I see you leave out gas($5+ a gallon), leisure, dates, emergencies, other common bills (registration on car[registration on a $700 month car in california going to run you about $500 a year], oil changes, pay to park on street in LA or parking garages,toll fees etc). I pay $140 a month in toll fees in the bay area as example.

Well looks like just between gas, parking, oil changes and other bills that $1000 is gone.

also dont know cable/internet at $120. I pay for xfinity and my bill is $200 a month and I dont even have Starz :heh:

You got it man.

That 5800 is only if you save absolutely nothing for retirement. The recommended 10% knocks you down to about 5K/ month.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
we can do groceries on $450 in my household but we got a seperate budget line for entertainment like going out etc. a lot of not going paycheck to paycheck requires financial discipline which again…a lot of folks just don’t have the heart nor ability to do it
That is my main point. It's easy to be undisciplined so most go that route. If you tell people they can save money by eating out less and cooking more food, you will get hit with 100 excuses why they can't do it and make it seem impossible.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps

You got it man.

Please explain
Why somebody is paying $700 a month on a car note? Had to get the fully loaded 2023 model?
Why is your internet/cable bill is $200? Had to get Gigabit internet?

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
Please explain
Why somebody is paying $700 a month on a car note? Had to get the fully loaded 2023 model?
This what I’m not understanding? My shyt is like 388 a month. Nothing crazy, reliable and gets me from point a to b. 200 for internet wtf these nikkas on?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Please explain
You wrote $700 a month not me :gucci: but average car payment is over $700 a month rather you or I wrote it :manny:

California has the worst internet service in the country so even at $200/month youll be slower than say Texas or florida

You dont see the irony in your post? Youre crying about people living paycheck to paycheck even on 100k salary

While using the bare minimum for amenities to scrape by paying the bills even in the examples you are writing out yourself

:snoop: