More 12 Teraflop dominance - Yakuza like a Dragon (4k 30 FPS) -Lower res modes included to boost FPS

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Can someone explain to me if this is the current gen yakuza with enhancements or the actual next gen version of the game? I’m pretty confused, because this is a launch title on xbox as the next gen addition but its launching on ps5 as the ps4 version.

Are they just doing basic resolution/FPS upgrades and calling it the next gen addition, as opposed to cyberpunk who’s actaully working on a seperate next gen addition while still give res/FPS upgrades automatically to next gen owners???
The PS4 version has been out in Japan for a while. The “next gen” version supposedly has specific work done, but we don’t have a proper comparison yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain to me if this is the current gen yakuza with enhancements or the actual next gen version of the game? I’m pretty confused, because this is a launch title on xbox as the next gen addition but its launching on ps5 as the ps4 version.

Are they just doing basic resolution/FPS upgrades and calling it the next gen addition, as opposed to cyberpunk who’s actaully working on a seperate next gen addition while still give res/FPS upgrades automatically to next gen owners???
Series X gets next gen version on launch day, PS5 gets next gen version in March I believe. It's a Series X timed exclusive

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is the reality of the dragon engine and I don't expect any different when they release the PS5 patch.

It's just funny that after all the hubris and crowing about native 4k/60fps that this is the accepted outcome from a certain group. Hopefully people understand now that 1440p/reconstruction/DRS is going to be the norm next-gen for titles pushing 60fps. It's going to be even lower for titles pushing 120fps.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
just shows that devs are still willing to target 30fpa

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Series X gets next gen version on launch day, PS5 gets next gen version in March I believe. It's a Series X timed exclusive

Yeah, I’m aware of this but I’m just asking if the one in the video in the OP is the next gen addition or current gen addition with upgrades

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A Series X is not on par with a 2080TI. Just because one or two games deliver comparable performance to one doesn't prove it's as powerful e.g. you can get excellent performance with certain games that aren't too demanding.

Yakuza Kiwami 2 could get close to 60fps at 4K with a 2080TI but yet this Yakuza title(which is on the same engine) is running at 1440P/60fps on the Series X. Digital Foundry actually said early performance(from Gears 5) was close to a 2080, not a 2080 TI.

Similar performance on a few select titles is not equal to overall hardware performance.

Kiwami 1.3,4,5 all use the same Engine.
Yakuza 6,0,Kiwami 2, Jugdement and up use an upgraded Engine which
has notoriously poor performance
on every platform, including PC.

I'm a Yakuza fan breh, I know what's up with that series.

Those consoles are not on par with the 2080ti. I don't even need to do the research man.
:russ: Keep dreaming

PS5= 2060 SUPER
SERIES X= 2080 SUPER

These systems ain't even fukking with RTX 3070
I mis-quoted them.
2080s performance is more accurate but that isn't saying much with those GPU's being so close in performance.
4K/30 frames is not 2080ti level shyt

It actually is breh:

Even on high it’s not doing 4K 60fps
Yakuza Kiwami 2 PC Performance Analysis

Yakuza-Kiwami-2-resolutions.png

And yes please re-up this thread on the 10th dummy

Yup.

Last edited: