Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I skipped most of those optional quests. Came back around to them only as I saw them pop up as SOS's - then just kinda scummed my way into easy wins instead of solo'ing those.

Still gotta kill these two Diablos(Diabli?)

Gonna take a break soon and give SAO a go since it's being made by the same crew that did Freedom Wars.
Haha. Those "snake" quests are the best. Before I got to high rank that's how I made a bunch of money and crafted a lot of stuff. I'd go find an SOS that were low rank quests but had one or two high rank hunters in there already. I'm talking 20+. Then I'd make sure the quest was right at the reward cutoff. Around 8 or 9 minutes. That's important because that means with high ranks hunters in there, the fight is probably damn near over in that time span. Then I'd just jump into the quest. Most of the time, whether it was the chicken monster or the Anjanath I wouldn't be in the map more than 2 or 3 minutes at most and the fight was over. There many times where soon as I'd land off the wingdrake and get to camp, the quest complete screen would pop up and I'd just get a bunch of loot and money. Didn't even have to do shyt. :jawalrus:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, it's a decent way to get some quick cash. Equip it, get as much damage in as possible. The type of enemy you hit effects the yield though. Trash mobs give you chump change, bigger stuff = bigger drops.
How much cash do you need for the high rank armor sets?
I've been pretty frugal, I have over 200k lying around
I want to stick with the Odogaron armor cause I like the look, just upgrade to high rank but it looks like I need something lightning proof cause Kirin still gives me problems

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I want to stick with the Odogaron armor cause I like the look, just upgrade to high rank but it looks like I need something lightning proof cause Kirin still gives me problems
:russ:

30k+ for anything rarity 7 and up. That's not even getting into upgrading

You can throw on a lightning mantle to negate most of Kirin's stuff - at least until you get to tempered monsters.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For kirin The two mantle I use are the Vitality Mantle which you get in the quest tickled pink and the thunderproof mantle from the quest gone in a flash. also try to make as many thunder resistance decorations as you can. and last at the canteen try to eat meals that gave you large element resistance.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
sometimes monsters dont even have the skull appear so how do i kno when to capture em they just die ? and let me find out dung is the secret sauce :picard:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
sometimes monsters dont even have the skull appear so how do i kno when to capture em they just die ? and let me find out dung is the secret sauce :picard:
This happened to me with a Paloumu I was beating on for like 15 minutes. He just died without ever having the skull appear and I failed the quest. I was so pissed

The lil heartbeat in the bottom left corner
When it flatlines?

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This happened to me with a Paloumu I was beating on for like 15 minutes. He just died without ever having the skull appear and I failed the quest. I was so pissed

When it flatlines?
Yeah when it basically flatlines. Make sure it's consistent though because the will flatlines sometimes only to get hype again.