Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Due to the randomness and scarcity of drops the main draw of the game(collecting weapons/armor) can be frustrating, cheaply extending the time it takes to beat the game without adding any fun or challenge, just tedium.

That's my problem.

There's a huge gap between wanting to make some decent armor/weapons an being a "completionist" that's the inconsistency you don't see that you are presenting.

Plenty of people have been frustrated by the game. I'd like to see the completion percentages. I'm sure the majority of people who play this game don't get anywhere near the end.
no there is fukking not :mjlol: *especially* on low rank - from the first bone armor you can create to the very last kirin armor, there's a grand total of -28 defense- separating individual pieces. And that's not even counting how much you can stretch a piece of armor out with upgrades or defense buffs from other sources. and even if you want to assert that the skills are worth the time investment, the skills aren't even that gamechanging aside from a handful - none of which require anything close to a full set. especially not the anjanath and odagaron stuff you were talking about.

low rank odagaron and anjanath sets give you trash :why: what are you gonna do with a stun effect to draw attacks and temporarily reduced stamina at 40% health or lower?

"other people are complaining" too - yeah they are. and i absolutely understand those complaints as, again, i've had many of the same ones for the entire series. those complaints don't match yours because those issues present themselves at very, very different points in the game.

and there's no conventional 'end' either.... this is what i mean lol

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I love how each of these monsters go their own personality. I hit that dude with the rope a dope :wow: kept hitting him with rocks in his eyes til he got pissed off - then I saw him wheezing heavy and put that charge blade on his forehead

I'm fukking with these elder dragons right now :hhh:

Let me just say straight up that Nergigante is a bytch and a ho. His last phase gotta be half his damned health bar. Dude refused to die and to make it worse his parts grow back :dead: the chump version you fight on the back of Zorah is NOT the real thing. Nerg is OD as fukk.

I ran through Kushala's spot for free though :ahh: Took everything :ahh: left her on the beach, ass out butt naked :banderas:
had this nikka in capture status only had one tranq so i couldnt cap em so he hit me wit some bs then i died...he gave me 10 straight L's after that i took my ass to work i aint never been so mad

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Tenpered Daora and tempered Val Hazaak are light work now. Daora wanting to fly every 5 seconds makes him easy with flashpods. Getting 9 minute kills with my bow. Teostra is tricky because how quick he is and how he can knock you out just by moving next to you, but i swear he's the easiest one to stunlock if you get a good combo going on his head. Also, don't let the elder dragons get back to their nests for the last phase, they all get some sort of buff their which makes the fight more annoying. I just can't get any of the jewels I need to comolete my build.

Last edited:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's still random. You aren't guaranteed a certain piece. You can increase your chances, but you still may not get it
Certain pieces like the tail are guaranteed if you sever it. If that's not enough, then the game just might not be for you. I mean, there have been a couple of things that have been hard to come by. In my experience though 90 to 95% of what you need to craft things drop easily. That fang from the Arjanath and tail from Nergigante were the only thing that even remotely had bad drops and that changed drastically once I started breaking parts of the monster consistently.

In the main Monster Hunter community on PS4, I saw a Japanese guy at hunter rank 525. I didn't even know that shyt was possible. So yeah, the end is kinda when you just get sick of it apparently.

on some real shyt

fukk teostra
I agree, that's a cheap ass monster. I started to have success with the bow when I concentrated more K.O. damage on it with the arc shot. Me and another archer were in a group with some random melee guys and spamming arc shot slowed it down a great deal. I was surprised when it died. LOL. Felt like I'd really put in some work.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You sound stupid. It's not bad game design because the high rank versions of the monsters can be only be tackled by using everything you learn from the game beforehand.

The story game can be completed without really understanding and stringing together the core mechanics of the game or delving into the depth of the weapons/item management/map knowledge and understanding creature habits.

Different color of monsters. :mjlol:

The monsters aren't just different colored but smarter, changes in size, armored differently, use their natural advantages far more realistically, changes in location, more aggressive, and require use of actual tactics. They'll focus more on you and less on your Palico.

To fight a flying monster, you have to make concerted efforts to pin them down or they'll stay out of your reach the entire fight.

You sound like a dude who never touched a raid in Destiny and be like "I beat the story guys, I know the game:mjlol:"
pure facts i didnt even know i beat the game i was just winging it i didnt even really understand shyt till the other day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Certain pieces like the tail are guaranteed if you sever it. If that's not enough, then the game just might not be for you. I mean, there have been a couple of things that have been hard to come by. In my experience though 90 to 95% of what you need to craft things drop easily. That fang from the Arjanath and tail from Nergigante were the only thing that even remotely had bad drops and that changed drastically once I started breaking parts of the monster consistently.

Stop with the "if you have a criticism the games not for you" bullshyt.:comeon:

I've put in over 50 hours. Obviously the game is for me.

Even breaking parts off there are drops that just suck.

The two bottlenecks I've run into were the Anjanath plate, which I've still never even seen, after breaking every part possible at least 5 or 6 times, so I gave up on trying to get it.

Second was the blue dragon dudes claw so I can make an ice weapon to beat diablo.

The claw is a drop MAYBE when you break the monsters legs/back. Most times you get a wyvern tear. Sometimes he doesn't drop shyt.

So no exaggeration a literally spent 6+ hours of playtime just trying to upgrade one weapon.

That shyt sucked. No matter how much y'all wanna say "the game don't matter till the end" or "the game isn't for you.:stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
How many times did you fight odogaron to get the complete armor set?

@MeachTheMonster
I think about 3 times

At the time I had no clue about investigations(cause the fukking game doesn't explain anything to you) and to make a couple pieces of the armor you need some parts off one of the low level lizard things in the area. So I spent a couple hours just doing explorations and the drops were horrible. Maybe one piece for every dozen of those fukkers I killed. It wasn't until after I spent probably 3 hours farming them before I did my googles and learned about investigations, which got me the parts a lot quicker.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
no there is fukking not :mjlol: *especially* on low rank - from the first bone armor you can create to the very last kirin armor, there's a grand total of -28 defense- separating individual pieces. And that's not even counting how much you can stretch a piece of armor out with upgrades or defense buffs from other sources. and even if you want to assert that the skills are worth the time investment, the skills aren't even that gamechanging aside from a handful - none of which require anything close to a full set. especially not the anjanath and odagaron stuff you were talking about.
So 50 hours of the game and 85% of the content within it are useless/worthless.

And you think that's a good thing

This is why the shyt you are saying is stupid as fukk. These people went out and made a game that the majority of what they made, and the majority of what most people will play is worthless and trash and not "real":stopitslime:

And just a couple pages back y'all was telling somebody to upgrade their armor. Now you are saying the upgrades are worthless. :stopitslime:

low rank odagaron and anjanath sets give you trash :why: what are you gonna do with a stun effect to draw attacks and temporarily reduced stamina at 40% health or lower?
:dahell: Ima play with them muthufukkas, that's what the devs put in the game

"other people are complaining" too - yeah they are. and i absolutely understand those complaints as, again, i've had many of the same ones for the entire series. those complaints don't match yours because those issues present themselves at very, very different points in the game.
Probably less than 10% of the people who touch the game will get anywhere near any of this. The issues are throughout the game and increasingly worsen the longer you play.

And this that bullshyt again. Stop with that elitist "the real game is at the end" crap. That's just a way to dodge criticism of the game, and blame it on the user.

The entire game is "the game" and should be seen as such.

Plenty or even most games nowadays allow you to play and level up indefinitely. That doesn't mean they don't have an "end"

You call it "endgame" for a reason right?:usure:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game strikes a good balance between catering to the older players an new players while kind of sticking to its roots.

It really doesn't explain or teach you half of what you need. Mostly just the basics the rest you have to learn or find out on your own. Which honestly is a good thing and I think it needs to be like that in more games. It's part of the reason so many people have 80 plus hours in the game and don't even realize it.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Stop with the "if you have a criticism the games not for you" bullshyt.:comeon:

I've put in over 50 hours. Obviously the game is for me.

Even breaking parts off there are drops that just suck.

The two bottlenecks I've run into were the Anjanath plate, which I've still never even seen, after breaking every part possible at least 5 or 6 times, so I gave up on trying to get it.

Second was the blue dragon dudes claw so I can make an ice weapon to beat diablo.

The claw is a drop MAYBE when you break the monsters legs/back. Most times you get a wyvern tear. Sometimes he doesn't drop shyt.

So no exaggeration a literally spent 6+ hours of playtime just trying to upgrade one weapon.

That shyt sucked. No matter how much y'all wanna say "the game don't matter till the end" or "the game isn't for you.:stopitslime:
I never said you couldn't criticisize the game. Actually I had no true commentary about how you felt about it all. I just tried to offer some advice and maybe have you do some things that you might not have tried. You still whining like a bytch though. So maybe the game isn't for you, twas all I was saying.....:yeshrug:

The game has been doing this shyt since 2004. Either deal with it or fukk off. We hear you, you don't like the drop rates. Ok. Ain't shyt else you can do about it. Either accept it or move on. Me personally I haven't had as bad a go off it as you. Don't know what to tell you.

Last edited: