Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

teacher

All Star
Daps
The A.I. Isn't "increased" it's the same A.I. everything is just turned up. They attack more, dodge more, take more damage, and deliver more damage. They aren't smarter. They still flail around and miss, and give me the same clear openings they gave me before. There's just less of them

The idea of the cloud would be that the A.I. is adaptive and can change/improve/get smarter on the go.

MHW ain't that :stopitslime:

You reaching....I agree having to hit them more isn’t increased AI....but everything else is i.e seeing a bunch of melee players and staying a float, getting angrier faster when you are catching the beats or looking for food/rest when you catching the beats, doing more one shot atks etc....I’m not a developer though maybe someone else that programs can chime in....FYI just because they don’t do ‘new’ or ‘different’ moves doesn’t mean the AI is the same.

As you can see I’m a Monster Hunter Stan :mjgrin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You reaching....I agree having to hit them more isn’t increased AI....but everything else is i.e seeing a bunch of melee players and staying a float, getting angrier faster when you are catching the beats or looking for food/rest when you catching the beats, doing more one shot atks etc....I’m not a developer though maybe someone else that programs can chime in....FYI just because they don’t do ‘new’ or ‘different’ moves doesn’t mean the AI is the same.
Yes. That's exactly what it means.

When the move sets are created devs balance the difficulty by deciding the frequency of attacks/defense/dodges/openings etc. increasing/decreasing those frequencies doesn't make the A.I. different.

Different A.I. or cloud A.I. as you referenced would be the monsters adapting to your strategy/moves.

In MHW, and this is how it's been from the start, the monster just goes through his move set while I get out of his way and try to progress through mine. The combat/A.I. Isn't the the strongpoint of the game and that doesn't change when the Monsters start to hit harder.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

teacher

All Star
Daps
Yes. That's exactly what it means.

When the move sets are created devs balance the difficulty by deciding the frequency of attacks/defense/dodges/openings etc. increasing/decreasing those frequencies doesn't make the A.I. different.

Different A.I. or cloud A.I. as you referenced would be the monsters adapting to your strategy/moves.

In MHW, and this is how it's been from the start, the monster just goes through his move set while I get out of his way and try to progress through mine. The combat/A.I. Isn't the the strongpoint of the game and that doesn't change when the Monsters start to hit harder.

no game adapts to your moves :stopitslime:unless extremely basic

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So one thing I dont get about the game is the multiplayer. You'd think it would be better to play with a group but for the most part it just makes things harder if everyone isn't good. One weak person makes it seems like I should have just solo'd instead of wasting my time fighting a powered up monster.

Seems like you should get more money and rewards for fighting as a group not less and penalties. Maybe I'm missing something?
Only way I play multiplayer is by answering SOS and purposely joining people with a way higher rank then me. So I know there's at least one person who's a beast. Also tend to look for people with other weapons than me so I know we won't be attacking monsters the same way

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is how everyone feels the first time they try this series. You will start to figure things out and it will be fun BUT... You'll realize you have to make a commitment if you wanna really enjoy this game. I can't make that type of commitment these days :manny:
Does this sound about right?

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
\

The damage that's lost by having a weapon with those effects are huge, take a non elemental weapon they tend to have a larger base weapon damage that is even more increased when you slap a non elemental gem on them. Sleep is nice to have around but poison, blast water thunder ect all pretty bad on this mh sadly. When in one hit you can do that same damage my Hammer build has close to 2k attack. Once players reach around level 50 they see how bad those nerg weapons really are when you get better gems and augments. Those Diablos weapons, The Divine Slasher and the Jagras Greatsword are all absurd.
:dahell: nerg weapons are not bad against elder dragons. Especially the LS. Don't lie to these folks

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
games don't adapt to players what the hell lol

and monster aggression/target prioritization/posture absolutely has variables and has had them for the past 3-4 entries. i dont even get the 'respect my time' complaints either - if you're enjoying the game, its respecting your time. if you're looking at it from a completionist standpoint then its a VERY different discussion. but if you're a completionist, you're looking for different things to begin with.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
games don't adapt to players what the hell lol

and monster aggression/target prioritization/posture absolutely has variables and has had them for the past 3-4 entries. i dont even get the 'respect my time' complaints either - if you're enjoying the game, its respecting your time. if you're looking at it from a completionist standpoint then its a VERY different discussion. but if you're a completionist, you're looking for different things to begin with.
It was fun to kill Anjanath the first couple times. It was absolutely not fun to beat him probably a dozen times and still not have the materials for a full set of armor.

That's bullshyt :comeon:

And you can't blame me for not enjoying the same damn thing over and over again. It's the games job to stay engaging.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

teacher

All Star
Daps

Those are basic adaptations because those games are still beatable by the majority, which aren’t really AI adaptations just protocols the programmer put in. AI adapting would be that IBM computer that specifically plays Chess not a $60 game :stopitslime:

My point was the developers still need to code for the High Rank monster, but not 100% sure :yeshrug: