Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It was fun to kill Anjanath the first couple times. It was absolutely not fun to beat him probably a dozen times and still not have the materials for a full set of armor.

That's bullshyt :comeon:

And you can't blame me for not enjoying the same damn thing over and over again. It's the games job to stay engaging.
Kill the next thing lol. There isn't a single thing in this game forcing you to complete a lone, particular armor piece - especially in low rank. The differences in armor and skill pieces are not so significant that they'd wall off progression or carry you further.

I don't blame you for being put off for beating your head against a wall, bug THIS game didn't make you do that nor does it at any point force or even encourage you to do so. If anything the game doesn't tell people early enough about how stats, upgrading, or even weapon combo damage scaling works. If you treat any hunter game like a completionist type of game, you're taking that on yourself. It's not what it's about - just like learning every combo for every character in a fighting game isn't what it's about either.

But I'm not telling you how to play or anything. Just that you don't have to go hard for anything until you're waaaaaaay past where you are now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kill the next thing lol. There isn't a single thing in this game forcing you to complete a lone, particular armor piece - especially in low rank. The differences in armor and skill pieces are not so significant that they'd wall off progression or carry you further.

I don't blame you for being put off for beating your head against a wall, bug THIS game didn't make you do that nor does it at any point force or even encourage you to do so. If anything the game doesn't tell people early enough about how stats, upgrading, or even weapon combo damage scaling works. If you treat any hunter game like a completionist type of game, you're taking that on yourself. It's not what it's about - just like learning every combo for every character in a fighting game isn't what it's about either.

But I'm not telling you how to play or anything. Just that you don't have to go hard for anything until you're waaaaaaay past where you are now.
It's not about being a completionist. As you said, as you get deeper in the game you have to upgrade/forge weapons/armor. I just think it's cheap they way the drops happen. Just think, with more generous drops the game would probably take half the time to complete. To me that feels like s cheap way to extend the game. Once I master a monster, maybe beat him 3-5 times or beat him without dying, then I should not have to keep going back to beat him trying to get one fukking claw. Or at the very least they should make the drops more predictable. I break a leg, I get a claw.

Been rocking with the axe all game wanted to switch it up. I've been playing for over 6 hours now just trying to upgrade one weapon. I need 6 claws. They only give me one SOMETIMES when i beat dude. I've beaten him 6 times and got 4 claws out of it. That's bullshyt.

And you can't say grinding isn't encouraged by the game and then say loot/gear is the draw of the game:stopitslime:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's not about being a completionist. As you said, as you get deeper in the game you have to upgrade/forge weapons/armor. I just think it's cheap they way the drops happen. Just think, with more generous drops the game would probably take half the time to complete. To me that feels like s cheap way to extend the game. Once I master a monster, maybe beat him 3-5 times or beat him without dying, then I should not have to keep going back to beat him trying to get one fukking claw. Or at the very least they should make the drops more predictable. I break a leg, I get a claw.

Been rocking with the axe all game wanted to switch it up. I've been playing for over 6 hours now just trying to upgrade one weapon. I need 6 claws. They only give me one SOMETIMES when i beat dude. I've beaten him 6 times and got 4 claws out of it. That's bullshyt.

And you can't say grinding isn't encouraged by the game and then say loot/gear is the draw of the game:stopitslime:
There's nothing extending the game at that point because you might need to overhaul your equipment 2-3 times at the most in Low Rank :dead: all the hours come way after that point. That's why these complaints feel weird to many. They're true in some form, but the stuff you're highlighting doesn't particularly apply to YOUR point in the game at all. Like if people saw a breh in here complain about gems? That makes sense. Maybe even plates. But not getting the parts you need in low rank, claws no less, in as many runs as you've described either feels like an exaggeration or an incredibly bad string of luck combined with doing something weird like using optional quests to get stuff rather than investigations. 3-5 runs for claws should hold you over for 2-3 pieces of gear if not more.

Either way, you don't need the gear for shyt and the game's not telling you you need it either. Loot/gear is absolutely draw - but you're basically talking about blues and vendor items in Destiny when that specific comment is geared at the equivalent of exotics/raid gear.

Like the stuff you quoted me on talking about high end setups? THAT is the grind. Any one of those things I highlighted would take a while to farm for at much rarer drop rates. Eventually I'll throw the towel in when something else drops this year. Cool. That's the end of the game for many players really. But early on? .....I think you're still expecting things to play out a certain way and its not this game specifically telling you to do so.

You don't need a full set of shyt. The game never expects you to have it either. Ever. If you want to drop the normal progression rate of the game to do that, it allows you to. But that's all. shyt later on you can just make the parts you need or basically get them delivered lol....

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
There's nothing extending the game at that point because you might need to overhaul your equipment 2-3 times at the most in Low Rank :dead: all the hours come way after that point. That's why these complaints feel weird to many. They're true in some form, but the stuff you're highlighting doesn't particularly apply to YOUR point in the game at all. Like if people saw a breh in here complain about gems? That makes sense. Maybe even plates. But not getting the parts you need in low rank, claws no less, in as many runs as you've described either feels like an exaggeration or an incredibly bad string of luck combined with doing something weird like using optional quests to get stuff rather than investigations. 3-5 runs for claws should hold you over for 2-3 pieces of gear if not more.

Either way, you don't need the gear for shyt and the game's not telling you you need it either. Loot/gear is absolutely draw - but you're basically talking about blues and vendor items in Destiny when that specific comment is geared at the equivalent of exotics/raid gear.

Like the stuff you quoted me on talking about high end setups? THAT is the grind. Any one of those things I highlighted would take a while to farm for at much rarer drop rates. Eventually I'll throw the towel in when something else drops this year. Cool. That's the end of the game for many players really. But early on? .....I think you're still expecting things to play out a certain way and its not this game specifically telling you to do so.

You don't need a full set of shyt. The game never expects you to have it either. Ever. If you want to drop the normal progression rate of the game to do that, it allows you to. But that's all. shyt later on you can just make the parts you need or basically get them delivered lol....
The normal progression of the game I.E. just beating story missions and moving on won't get you pretty much any upgrades. And even at "low rank" you need upgrades or the game is exponentially more difficult. And again it's not about a "full set" it's about having armor that will stop you from getting one shotted and getting a weapon that doesn't fukking suck.

And I am high rank now and the problem is only exasperated.

I'm only using "claw" and "Anjanath" as an example

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
The normal progression of the game I.E. just beating story missions and moving on won't get you pretty much any upgrades. And even at "low rank" you need upgrades or the game is exponentially more difficult. And again it's not about a "full set" it's about having armor that will stop you from getting one shotted and getting a weapon that doesn't fukking suck.

And I am high rank now and the problem is only exasperated.

I'm only using "claw" and "Anjanath" as an example
What's the actual issue then? Because you referred to a full set and over the top grinding when killing something twice will pretty much get you whatever you need to get to the next plateau.

there's a huge gap between doing nothing but story missions and hitting the same monster "probably a dozen times" - that's the inconsistency i'm kinda lost on.

either way.... these guys in here didn't need huge item hauls to upgrade their defense and get further along. no one does. again, if you want to drop the progression and go hunt materials the game will absolutely let you do it - and they won't even tell you to stop. if you want to take a fire weapon against a fire immune monster it won't stop you either. it pretty much lets you play like you want, and for most people that's pretty liberating in itself

if you're subscribed to playing a game a certain way, it can definitely be a bit of a curve. but that all goes back to the review thread as well

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Finally got that Gem from Zorah's bytch ass.:win:

Now, any of y'all nikkas got any tips on how to quickly find these raggedy "?????" Rathian footprints??

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Finally got that Gem from Zorah's bytch ass.:win:

Now, any of y'all nikkas got any tips on how to quickly find these raggedy "?????" Rathian footprints??
Go on optional high rank (red star) quests or just go on an expedition to any of the areas and spend time just searching around trying to gather tracks.

I went on an optional high rank quest to hunt a Pukei Pukei yesterday and while I was fighting Pukei Pukei, Beetlejuice showed up and had me immediately :whoa:. He wouldn't stop chasing me though. Thankfully I was playing multiplayer and the rest of my party took out that Pukei Pukei without me being there as he was chasing me.

Really liking the Zorah dual blades. They have blast on them so during my flurries there will be one hit that randomly does 100 damage, so I've been breaking parts left and right ever since I got them.
So fun to go back to low rank once you've got fully upgraded armor and a real weapon. Can stand right in front of these monsters like ":blessed: give me your best shot" and tee off on then with no regard for defense whatsoever.

Daps
Defeated Diablos! Got the Dragonbuster hammer :myman:

Now what? I talked to the handler and nothing? I'm going back and mining and such, but what's next brehs

Marci-Senpai

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind.
Daps
Reppin
More Life, Truth & Accountability
man from last night to now ive gotten more than 4 different monster gems :wow: ive been going hard at it got nergigante full armor set and multiple rank 8 weapons....that vaal hazak rank 8 light bowgun is a fukking beast of a weapon :blessed:

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Or at the very least they should make the drops more predictable. I break a leg, I get a claw.
This is how it works for some of the pieces. For instance, Nergigante. I needed 2 tails to get the damn Nerg bow. One time it gave it to me just because. But I fought the thing 5 more times and still didn't get another tail. Did a little reading. Turns out, they show you the frequency of the drops in the Monster catalogue......but you have to gain enough research points to see it. On top of that, you have to get certain pieces from certain parts that are breakable. While the pieces will drop as a reward, certain pieces drop with an incredibly low rate. You have to go and actually break off the piece or sever the tail. I started carrying mega bombs with me. So whenever we get into the part where a monster goes to sleep, I put bombs next to them and hit them with a move that cause break damage and so the move hits as the bomb explodes. First time I did that was to Nergiante and I had that boy looking like a crackhead. EVERYTHING broke on him. He had no horns, nothing, foaming at the mouth. And if you get with a good group they will also have bombs. Sometimes it's like 5 or 6 bombs placed near the monster and then set off. I haven't had a problem getting pieces since.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is how it works for some of the pieces. For instance, Nergigante. I needed 2 tails to get the damn Nerg bow. One time it gave it to me just because. But I fought the thing 5 more times and still didn't get another tail. Did a little reading. Turns out, they show you the frequency of the drops in the Monster catalogue......but you have to gain enough research points to see it. On top of that, you have to get certain pieces from certain parts that are breakable. While the pieces will drop as a reward, certain pieces drop with an incredibly low rate. You have to go and actually break off the piece or sever the tail. I started carrying mega bombs with me. So whenever we get into the part where a monster goes to sleep, I put bombs next to them and hit them with a move that cause break damage and so the move hits as the bomb explodes. First time I did that was to Nergiante and I had that boy looking like a crackhead. EVERYTHING broke on him. He had no horns, nothing, foaming at the mouth. And if you get with a good group they will also have bombs. Sometimes it's like 5 or 6 bombs placed near the monster and then set off. I haven't had a problem getting pieces since.
It's still random. You aren't guaranteed a certain piece. You can increase your chances, but you still may not get it

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What's the actual issue then? Because you referred to a full set and over the top grinding when killing something twice will pretty much get you whatever you need to get to the next plateau.
Due to the randomness and scarcity of drops the main draw of the game(collecting weapons/armor) can be frustrating, cheaply extending the time it takes to beat the game without adding any fun or challenge, just tedium.

That's my problem.

there's a huge gap between doing nothing but story missions and hitting the same monster "probably a dozen times" - that's the inconsistency i'm kinda lost on.
There's a huge gap between wanting to make some decent armor/weapons an being a "completionist" that's the inconsistency you don't see that you are presenting.

either way.... these guys in here didn't need huge item hauls to upgrade their defense and get further along. no one does. again, if you want to drop the progression and go hunt materials the game will absolutely let you do it - and they won't even tell you to stop. if you want to take a fire weapon against a fire immune monster it won't stop you either. it pretty much lets you play like you want, and for most people that's pretty liberating in itself

if you're subscribed to playing a game a certain way, it can definitely be a bit of a curve. but that all goes back to the review thread as well
Plenty of people have been frustrated by the game. I'd like to see the completion percentages. I'm sure the majority of people who play this game don't get anywhere near the end.