Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
No, that's not the point. This dude said that raids is just shooting more bullet spongey enemies which is fukking retarded.

If you wanna have a discussion about how hard it is to squad up, that's different. I'm speaking about how raids are designed to challenge you and force you to master the mechanics of the games to survive. Beating the story mode of the game and not touching the plethora of end game content which the game has been preparing you for is just dumb.

It's like playing MyCareer on Pro and thinking you finished the game or playing the arcade mode of a fighter then saying "Alright, I'm out"
Your right breh, but as far as destiny, if the plethora of end game content that the game has been preparing you for requires you spend an absurd amount of time not playing the game, then I don't blame someone for skipping out.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Can we get a coli tutorial for all the systems in the game.

So many numbers/meters/collectibles the shyts almost incomprehensible.

How/why cooking and fishing?
How/why capture monsters instead of killing them?
How/why/where do you get ammo/kinsects/etc.?
Seems like there's town building but maybe not?
Why upgrade/craft and when?
Any other systems I'm missing?

I'm just out killing shyt have not even touched upgrades or anything else cause it's all too overwhelming.
it is but once it all comes to u then u gonna be like :wow: the other day i was like when they ket u have over 100 diff loadouts i see why now :bryan:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
I gotta say,
This is a pretty good game but the only thing that irks me is it feels like they don't give a proper tutorial for new players.
I never played a Monster Hunter joint but I ended up figuring out most of the basics.
If you think you bout to keep dropping these shyts Solo, youza damn fool. :russ:
even as a new player I know that at some point these shyts are going to fukk me up.
Now I'm just learning how to trap and go on expeditions between every new monster in the campaign.
Wish me luck, Brehs.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No need to call meach mean names, just educate the breh. If you’re not addicted to copping new armor or weapons maybe the game isn’t for you...that’s what drives me to put in ridiculous hours
See that's my one problem with the game. The nerg set suits my playstyle so well I didn't really bother making other high rank sets besides the crit build. I just run up on tempered elder dragons with my nerg set because I know I won't die. I switch weapons around a lil more and may make a charge axe build at some point but past that its:yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No need to call meach mean names, just educate the breh. If you’re not addicted to copping new armor or weapons maybe the game isn’t for you...that’s what drives me to put in ridiculous hours
Right. And that's fine, I've been bit by the bug too.

But that shyt only goes so far. A game has to respect my time. I'm a father of 4. The fact that MHW has gotten 40 of my hours sets it above most games I've played recently. With that said it doesn't make it above criticism. Telling me a game only "gets good" after 50+ hours is bulshyt. Game should be good the whole damn time.

I'm into some of the "high level" monsters now and the changes in gameplay aren't transformative like @Draje said.

I just have to be more careful picking my spots and hit them more times. Game never really explained ANYTHING. Never used any bombs/skills/bullets or anything else. It's always been me and my axe. And that hasn't changed for the "high level" monsters.

I'm gonna try to finish the story, but this game could cut off now and I'd be satisfied. It's starting to feel a bit cheap, like the devs just wanted to extend the playtime without adding new content.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So one thing I dont get about the game is the multiplayer. You'd think it would be better to play with a group but for the most part it just makes things harder if everyone isn't good. One weak person makes it seems like I should have just solo'd instead of wasting my time fighting a powered up monster.

Seems like you should get more money and rewards for fighting as a group not less and penalties. Maybe I'm missing something?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So one thing I dont get about the game is the multiplayer. You'd think it would be better to play with a group but for the most part it just makes things harder if everyone isn't good. One weak person makes it seems like I should have just solo'd instead of wasting my time fighting a powered up monster.

Seems like you should get more money and rewards for fighting as a group not less and penalties. Maybe I'm missing something?
Does online even work on Xbox yet?

Didn't work at first and I've never tried it.

teacher

All Star
Daps
See that's my one problem with the game. The nerg set suits my playstyle so well I didn't really bother making other high rank sets besides the crit build. I just run up on tempered elder dragons with my nerg set because I know I won't die. I switch weapons around a lil more and may make a charge axe build at some point but past that its:yeshrug:

The weapons I like having ones with different status efx.

As for armors I just like having multiple sets like sneakers and some armors tend to suit other situations better then others at least in the older one that sh!t really matter.

teacher

All Star
Daps

It works everytime I play I go online....you may have to create the online session though sometimes matchmaking doesn’t work. Once you create jump in a quest shoot up a SOS flare and you will have other players coming to join you in the quest if they are interested

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah it works as of at least like two weeks ago, I was always able to play with a squad session of fam so it didn't matter to much to me that the online was broken for the 1st like 3 weeks as i wasn't trying to play with randoms.

But still a very crappy deal seeing as for people who might have picked it up and wanted to play with randoms in a group got screwed out of that experience on xb1.... probably should have beta tested it on both systems capcom...instead of twice on one.

teacher

All Star
Daps

That’s part of the fun carrying your team to victory like a Young MJ :wow: :banderas:

What’s your GT?

Last edited:

teacher

All Star
Daps

I'm gonna try to finish the story, but this game could cut off now and I'd be satisfied. It's starting to feel a bit cheap, like the devs just wanted to extend the playtime without adding new content.

Increased AI is adding new content to a developer...remember you were touting those benefits of the “cloud” now they don’t matter? What was the big thing about the first forza on the One...the cloud AI or something?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Increased AI is adding new content to a developer...remember you were touting those benefits of the “cloud” now they don’t matter? What was the big thing about the first forza on the One...the cloud AI or something?
The A.I. Isn't "increased" it's the same A.I. everything is just turned up. They attack more, dodge more, take more damage, and deliver more damage. They aren't smarter. They still flail around and miss, and give me the same clear openings they gave me before. There's just less of them.

The idea of the cloud would be that the A.I. is adaptive and can change/improve/get smarter on the go.

MHW ain't that :stopitslime:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4