Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Not just for MHW but if the "actual interesting stuff" comes after 50+ hours in then thats actual bad fukking game design.:stopitslime:

What I've found is statements like that are just a way for stans to prop up a game beyond what's actually there.

A different color monster with a larger health bar and stronger attacks isn't "interesting" to me. Just a cheap way to extend the game. And then stans say "well you didn't even play the game" if you don't play that trash at the end.

fukk that:camby:
It's only bad game design if it's a lack of content or gameplay tapers off

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not just for MHW but if the "actual interesting stuff" comes after 50+ hours in then thats actual bad fukking game design.:stopitslime:

What I've found is statements like that are just a way for stans to prop up a game beyond what's actually there.

A different color monster with a larger health bar and stronger attacks isn't "interesting" to me. Just a cheap way to extend the game. And then stans say "well you didn't even play the game" if you don't play that trash at the end.

fukk that:camby:

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You sound stupid. It's not bad game design because the high rank versions of the monsters can be only be tackled by using everything you learn from the game beforehand.

The story game can be completed without really understanding and stringing together the core mechanics of the game or delving into the depth of the weapons/item management/map knowledge and understanding creature habits.

Different color of monsters. :mjlol:

The monsters aren't just different colored but smarter, changes in size, armored differently, use their natural advantages far more realistically, changes in location, more aggressive, and require use of actual tactics. They'll focus more on you and less on your Palico.

To fight a flying monster, you have to make concerted efforts to pin them down or they'll stay out of your reach the entire fight.

You sound like a dude who never touched a raid in Destiny and be like "I beat the story guys, I know the game:mjlol:"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

You sound stupid. It's not bad game design because the high rank versions of the monsters can be only be tackled by using everything you learn from the game beforehand.

The story game can be completed without really understanding and stringing together the core mechanics of the game or delving into the depth of the weapons/item management/map knowledge and understanding creature habits.

Different color of monsters. :mjlol:

The monsters aren't just different colored but smarter, changes in size, armored differently, use their natural advantages far more realistically, changes in location, more aggressive, and require use of actual tactics. They'll focus more on you and less on your Palico.

To fight a flying monster, you have to make concerted efforts to pin them down or they'll stay out of your reach the entire fight.

You sound like a dude who never touched a raid in Destiny and be like "I beat the story guys, I know the game:mjlol:"
This that dumb shyt I'm talking about.

Don't know about MHW yet but it's always the same shyt with you stans.

Destiny raids are the same fukking shyt. Just the enemies take more damn bullets.

Same with all games like this. That shyt ain't fun. It's just a cheap way to extend the game and spike the difficulty.

And you stans always type out some idealistic nonsense about "using all the tools tactics....blah blah blah" when in reality you just have to hit the mutherfukker more times.

fukk outa here buddy:camby:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Destiny raids are the same fukking shyt. Just the enemies take more damn bullets.

Same with all games like this. That shyt ain't fun. It's just a cheap way to extend the game and spike the difficulty.

And you stans always type out some idealistic nonsense about "using all the tools tactics....blah blah blah" when in reality you just have to hit the mutherfukker more times.

:mjgrin:

nobody tell him

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

More bullets? Are you retarded? Have you ever done a raid? There are mechanics that have nothing to do with the bullets?

I hate talking to stupid nikkas who don't even play the game.

High rank monsters, just like raids, changes the way you play and understand the mechanics behind the gameplay. Crafting on the fly, use of radial wheel, and use of map knowledge are far more important.

Dumb nikkas

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjgrin:

nobody tell him

He sounds so goddamn stupid and doesn't know an inkling of what he's talking about :mjlol:

Dude is actively ignoring a huge portion of the game and the content that makes you use every mechanic in the game out of willful ignorance :russ:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This isn't really helping your point in terms of bad game design. I've put over a hundred hours in destiny and I've barely touched the raids due to bungies poor game design. Having to literally go on the internet and find people trying to complete a raid instead of having some kinda in game community is terrible game design. If someone failed to experience the raids that's on bungie for making that shyt such a hassle.

Not saying that applies to monster Hunter tho
:hubie:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't really helping your point in terms of bad game design. I've put over a hundred hours in destiny and I've barely touched the raids due to bungies poor game design. Having to literally go on the internet and find people trying to complete a raid instead of having some kinda in game community is terrible game design. If someone failed to experience the raids that's on bungie for making that shyt such a hassle.

Not saying that applies to monster Hunter tho
:hubie:

No, that's not the point. This dude said that raids is just shooting more bullet spongey enemies which is fukking retarded.

If you wanna have a discussion about how hard it is to squad up, that's different. I'm speaking about how raids are designed to challenge you and force you to master the mechanics of the games to survive. Beating the story mode of the game and not touching the plethora of end game content which the game has been preparing you for is just dumb.

It's like playing MyCareer on Pro and thinking you finished the game or playing the arcade mode of a fighter then saying "Alright, I'm out"