Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA
Yeah that's how I feel. I need to see the numbers on it still.

If you can ALWAYS keep it up, the damage over time is solid - and there's enough monsters that are immune to everything else to warrant it. I'm just not sure if it counts as a real element though. Going off of what other elemental lists in-game show, the only things that should apply are fire/ice/water/thunder/dragon. Poison/Paralysis/Blast/Sleep values *shouldn't* change a weapon from non-elemental status as those numbers only effect the build up for that status effect.

Poison has to pretty much never stop for it to be worth it. Blast will catch it on the damage end eventually if you're consistent enough, and that can KO a monster. Paralysis and Sleep let you drop stupid damage on a monster for free.

But I don't know :manny: I'm still trying to find ways to fluff the numbers using that Odogaron armor set ability. I feel like I've seen all there is to see from Charge Blade at least. While its fun (especially once you get the guardpoint punishes down), its pretty straightforward no matter what the situation is. For weapons like that, the Poison weapon actually makes a lot of sense since you're throwing pebbles at a monster until you get your charge ready.
\

sleep lets you drop bombs

The damage that's lost by having a weapon with those effects are huge, take a non elemental weapon they tend to have a larger base weapon damage that is even more increased when you slap a non elemental gem on them. Sleep is nice to have around but poison, blast water thunder ect all pretty bad on this mh sadly. When in one hit you can do that same damage my Hammer build has close to 2k attack. Once players reach around level 50 they see how bad those nerg weapons really are when you get better gems and augments. Those Diablos weapons, The Divine Slasher and the Jagras Greatsword are all absurd.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn all that poison/sleep/bomb or any of that other shyt.

I'm out here straight up solo with my switch axe whooping ass:myman:

You gonna struggle later on. Not taking advantage of free damage is straight dumb especially when you really need to start targeting body parts more for full materials.

I can't be the only one

It's free, easy damage. If they fall asleep, it's bonus critical damage on the head.

Wait till you start fighting two high rank dragons at once and you trying to be cute :mjlol:

Real hunters use everything at their disposal.

Gunlance is loads of fun too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Way to miss out on the real versions of monsters and the actual interesting stuff :mjlol:
Not just for MHW but if the "actual interesting stuff" comes after 50+ hours in then thats actual bad fukking game design.:stopitslime:

What I've found is statements like that are just a way for stans to prop up a game beyond what's actually there.

A different color monster with a larger health bar and stronger attacks isn't "interesting" to me. Just a cheap way to extend the game. And then stans say "well you didn't even play the game" if you don't play that trash at the end.

fukk that:camby: