Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

Nahmeanz

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ordered this game last night, will be my first Monster Hunter game. Is this a good one to start with? or World: Iceborne?

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
Took almost an hour to finish off that Aknosom. My charge blade skills so:trash:at the moment
f4Iznpk.png

Normally go straight great sword but I want to switch it up this time and try the charge blade and switch axe.​

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
1) mods need to sticky this shyt :ufdup:
2) its crack. i didn't think this would be able to stand on its own after MHW, but it really does. the added mobility is money. its not just about how you get around now, but maps are more usable. what you can do vertically to traverse the map is great by itself but in fights its just as good if not better.

which.... kinda fukks me up :mjlol:

i used to main charge blade heavy but mannnnn i don't know anymore. this is a lot of shyt to relearn - and things are more complicated now too.

the fact that these great sword/hammer ppl can just spiderman into a fight from above with the shyt cocked back and ready is kinda :patrice: now. there's benefits to the more complex weapons too (switch axe gets quick regen, new combo starters/disengages too for example)

but this is a lot :pachaha:

im loving this shyt

ALSO

big note

the hub difficulties are not the same as the village difficulties. i spent way too much time scrapping with low rank hub quests wondering why everything was a 30 minute long slog.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
1) mods need to sticky this shyt :ufdup:
2) its crack. i didn't think this would be able to stand on its own after MHW, but it really does. the added mobility is money. its not just about how you get around now, but maps are more usable. what you can do vertically to traverse the map is great by itself but in fights its just as good if not better.

which.... kinda fukks me up :mjlol:

i used to main charge blade heavy but mannnnn i don't know anymore. this is a lot of shyt to relearn - and things are more complicated now too.

the fact that these great sword/hammer ppl can just spiderman into a fight from above with the shyt cocked back and ready is kinda :patrice: now. there's benefits to the more complex weapons too (switch axe gets quick regen, new combo starters/disengages too for example)

but this is a lot :pachaha:

im loving this shyt

ALSO

big note

the hub difficulties are not the same as the village difficulties. i spent way too much time scrapping with low rank hub quests wondering why everything was a 30 minute long slog.
I wanted to rock with bow but it's trash. Maybe after I get through the game once I'll try a pure bow run but I'm going dual blades. Glad I wasn't the only one who dove into the Village missions from the start. I spent 50 minutes trying to kill Aknosom and ran out of time. Then spent 30 minutes killing Great Izuchi before I realized I was doing something wrong:mjlol::mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I wanted to rock with bow but it's trash. Maybe after I get through the game once I'll try a pure bow run but I'm going dual blades. Glad I wasn't the only one who dove into the Village missions from the start. I spent 50 minutes trying to kill Aknosom and ran out of time. Then spent 30 minutes killing Great Izuchi before I realized I was doing something wrong:mjlol::mjlol:
man i seen my friend playing bow early game

no matter what he did that shyt was saying 2 damage :russ: every once in a while a 10 might have popped up

this game is weird though. i know rise is different than world, but it feels like there's weird elemental/status scaling going on too :patrice:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I had to tell my boy my shyt ain't coming in until today because I had other shyt to do :mjlol:. I'll give it a couple of hours then tell him it came in.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
I ain't playing this shyt at 720p and like 20fps :gag:. Fukk Nintendo. If I gotta wait a year for the superior pc drop so be it