Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So quick warning, they’re saying the game doesn’t actaully have a conclusion (yet)

Only a brief cutscene plays when you beat both Elder Dragons. It serves to establish that this is not the end of the story. From there on out, every NPC describes how you’ll need to face some new, mysterious foe soon. You’re even told what’s causing this upcoming monster to, ahem, rise. Except no objective markers, which up to that point always appear at the top of the screen, indicate what to do about it. Neither do any credits play. Everyone keeps on talking about some big, looming danger. You just have nowhere to go and nothing to do about it.

It wasn’t until about 65 hours into my save that I saw a single line from a developer Q&A hinting at the situation. Director Yasunori Ichinose, who I also interviewed recently, mentions very early in the video that the game’s second Title Update will include “the conclusion to the story.” Many players took this to mean an epilogue. Having seen the full game now, it doesn’t feel that way. Instead the game feels unfinished. By Monster Hunter standards, of course.

This information might be important for people who want the full experience.
its monster hunter :stopitslime:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
For somebody who’s never touched a monster hunter is this a good entry point?

my switch has been collecting dust since I got bored with Pokémon sword

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

every MH game is a lot. mechanics, monsters, maps

but its always worth it - thats why the series is strong as fukk since PS2 days
The story :mjlol:
breh i can't think of 3 characters that stood out over the last 5 entries :skip:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Great point, it a mix of MHW and the older titles, plus new stuff that will probably be in world 2

So if you end up really digging it, MHW2 whenever it drops will be familiar and a visual upgrade.

Currently people who started with MHW gotta take a lower case L when it comes to going from last gen hardware and pc to the switch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The game is pretty much rated the same as world. It’s like two points less on MC but it’s also portable.