Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
We’re just a couple weeks away I’m starting to get hype for this :wow:

I usually play Charge Blade but I tried out the Switch Axe for the first time today in the demo and I might have to make that switch :patrice:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
How did they not see the bread MHW made and not decide to go all in on that segment of the franchise. If it was up to me I'd stop making these side games altogether. Generations? Rise? Fucck all that.
Capcom has seperate teams for portable & console Monster Hunter. This game doesn't effect a sequel to Monster Hunter World, which is also in development currently.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got the deluxe edition preordered, we byke next week:wow:

who tryna go on some coli hunts after the game drops?:mjgrin:
I just paid for it too. This is gonna be my first MH game, I was hooked by playing the demo and I started to fiend for more. Can’t wait till next week :wow:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I just paid for it too. This is gonna be my first MH game, I was hooked by playing the demo and I started to fiend for more. Can’t wait till next week :wow:

If you can get hooked by the demo then you gonna playing the shyt out of the full game :banderas:

Hunts are a lot more rewarding when you’re actually collecting materials for new gear and upgrades for your character and palico/palamute

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Walmart better ship my shyt on time :francis:. Just because I forgot about my pre order, doesn't mean they get to :ufdup:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I preorder through Amazon today and they're not guaranteeing release date delivery :(
I'm Prime too. Maybe they don't have enough stock for launch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
With the amount of hype this has all over the internet I’d figure this would be more than two pages..

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Those review scores are crazy so far. Wish there was cross progression because going from MHW on PC with reshade to the muddy textures of the Switch hurts.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Finished watching. I’m not really interested in MH but i find it fascinating how they got a game to look that good on the switch but when you compare it to World its like wow, night and day.

I’ve seen people suggesting the switch pro could get current gen multiplatform ports like the series s and after watching this I’m like uuuh...thats an incredibly large gap to close. I would be surprised if they can close the gap to the ps4/one, much less the pro models.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So quick warning, they’re saying the game doesn’t actaully have a conclusion (yet)

Only a brief cutscene plays when you beat both Elder Dragons. It serves to establish that this is not the end of the story. From there on out, every NPC describes how you’ll need to face some new, mysterious foe soon. You’re even told what’s causing this upcoming monster to, ahem, rise. Except no objective markers, which up to that point always appear at the top of the screen, indicate what to do about it. Neither do any credits play. Everyone keeps on talking about some big, looming danger. You just have nowhere to go and nothing to do about it.

It wasn’t until about 65 hours into my save that I saw a single line from a developer Q&A hinting at the situation. Director Yasunori Ichinose, who I also interviewed recently, mentions very early in the video that the game’s second Title Update will include “the conclusion to the story.” Many players took this to mean an epilogue. Having seen the full game now, it doesn’t feel that way. Instead the game feels unfinished. By Monster Hunter standards, of course.

This information might be important for people who want the full experience.