Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (Sunbreak for Xbox and Playstation on April 28, 2023)

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i put my time in on the handheld MH but damn im not ready to go back to nintendo for it.

the frame drops and resolutions :mjcry:

dunno if im im gonna ivnest in this until that switch pro surfaces , game looks more like classic MH tho

Graphics are a downgrade from World but the game actually runs really well. Much better than World on base PS4 or Xbox One, which was very unsteady.

Yeah it feels like a mash up of the two games. Not sure how I feel about it yet:francis:

The demo was datamined and let's just say there's a lot missing from the demo that will be in the full game. The weapons aren't all set in the playstyles they have in the demo for instance.
What I like the most is the weapons are back to classic MH instead of that nonsense 'hair and teeth stapled onto bone or steel' that plagued like 75% of the weapons in World.
Also lots of monster variety. I understand they needed to create all new HD models for World but the variety was pretty shyt.
We have insects, amphibians and leviathans all confirmed back along with all the species from World

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Graphics are a downgrade from World but the game actually runs really well. Much better than World on base PS4 or Xbox One, which was very unsteady.

The demo was datamined and let's just say there's a lot missing from the demo that will be in the full game. The weapons aren't all set in the playstyles they have in the demo for instance.
What I like the most is the weapons are back to classic MH instead of that nonsense 'hair and teeth stapled onto bone or steel' that plagued like 75% of the weapons in World.
Also lots of monster variety. I understand they needed to create all new HD models for World but the variety was pretty shyt.
We have insects, amphibians and leviathans all confirmed back along with all the species from World
My feelings are more so of how they are taking things from World and putting them in a GU type of game. I also hope they allow you to scale back on the UI. There's currently way too much of it taking up the screen.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
controls were so damn hard for me. I was trash with the demo. still gonna cop and put in the work

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
controls were so damn hard for me. I was trash with the demo. still gonna cop and put in the work

They definitely take some getting used to and picking the right weapon is super important as well. They all have different controls,combos, strategies, etc so try a few different ones and figure out which suits you the best. YouTube guides help a lot as well

You gotta be methodical with your movement & attacks but once you know what you’re doing you start to move a lot more fluidly. Also you gotta really watch the monsters movement and attack patterns, especially for the bigger ones cuz they’ll wash you EASY if you’re not careful

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
They definitely take some getting used to and picking the right weapon is super important as well. They all have different controls,combos, strategies, etc so try a few different ones and figure out which suits you the best. YouTube guides help a lot as well

You gotta be methodical with your movement & attacks but once you know what you’re doing you start to move a lot more fluidly. Also you gotta really watch the monsters movement and attack patterns, especially for the bigger ones cuz they’ll wash you EASY if you’re not careful

lol I didn't know it was that deep. My head thinking just hack n slash and craft. there's a whole lot to it. was trying to look nice with the tether mechanic and looked like a fool getting destroyed. Gonna look at arrow guilds, cause I wanna do some clean shyt with that weapon first.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
lol I didn't know it was that deep. My head thinking just hack n slash and craft. there's a whole lot to it. was trying to look nice with the tether mechanic and looked like a fool getting destroyed. Gonna look at arrow guilds, cause I wanna do some clean shyt with that weapon first.
Breh hit the nail on the head, Monster Hunter combat is methodical - at least until you have gear that can let you play more carelessly.