Monique tells lee daniels, tyler perry and oprah to suck her dikk

AyahuascaSippin

Good Vibrations
Daps
Yeah it's funny that people leave out the truth about her fall out with c00n Daniels...

He asked her to do a press run for the movie and she asked to be paid for it...the studio decided not to pay her so she said she wasn't doing it...

But I guess when you a black woman in hollywood and don't do for free things other people get paid for...it makes you a diva...
Man fukk EVERYONE linked to the oscars and Hollywood. They realised the public were catching on to their complexion based rating system and started forcing AA artists to support the show... for free.

We alllll know what role Hollywood has played in creating and reinforcing dangerous stereotypes around the world. This form of entertainment has a direct impact on the struggle of real people every day.

BUT Monique knew all of this. And to watch her go from struggle type-cast roles like that soul plane bit, to deeper roles worthy of oscars, to black balled? I'm mad at and for her right now. She knows she fukked up. People that she probably knows personally, have been asked to do way more questionable shyt for a fraction of where she could have gone.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I Love Monique but if im not mistaken, all they wanted her to do was promote movies while on her way to winning that Oscar. It's tradition so to speak. She didn't feel like doing it and they hit her with the :camby:

If that's really all there was to it, she kind of made her own bed :yeshrug:
I remember that now. I think she wanted to be paid extra to promote the film.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
:salute:

wat6rr.jpg

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
How you gonna refuse to essentially promote yourself and get mad when people stop messing with you. It's like damn, this chick can't see that the promotion is really helping her out more than that particular movie. Monique thought that the hustle stops and the checks just roll in at some point.

The studio shouldn't even have to tell you to go out and promote a movie you star in, you should be itching to do that shyt in your own.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
on DL hughley show, he said her and a few others that wasn't mentioned didn't like how dave was portraying black people on tv and think he should go a different route..

but DL was like oprah and these other black leaders keep wanting to bring up slave type movies to hollywood and since it's oprah and her connections she can basically have those movies produce as long as she put white hero's in it to show that white men was more involved in positive light and not too much in negative
but that makes no damn sense since they gave him a new contract and wanted him to continue upon this path

white hollywood didn't give a single fukk about what oprah was saying.. they was paying him to keep doing what he was doing...

unless you saying dave quit cause of oprah... but that still wouldn't make sense as oprah can't do shyt, cause once again, he already got paid

Daps
Reppin
St louis
How you gonna refuse to essentially promote yourself and get mad when people stop messing with you. It's like damn, this chick can't see that the promotion is really helping her out more than that particular movie. Monique thought that the hustle stops and the checks just roll in at some point.

The studio shouldn't even have to tell you to go out and promote a movie you star in, you should be itching to do that shyt in your own.

the (POINT) is other actors......(white actors)
do press runs with pay and dont even have
a oscar.
she wasnt wrong for telling that fakkit
and his jew fukk boy handlers to peel
her off some paper for her time.
:ehh:

wat6rr.jpg

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
guys, I dont think that is what happened....I saw an interview with her last year and she said it was because she needed to take some personal family time off and it happened to be at the time of the Cannes Film Festival. I will try and find that interview but she basically was saying they wasnt havin it. she is human and everyone needs a break especially if things are going on at the homefront. not saying this was the case but what if one of you had a child who was hinted at being suicidal? I would have to drop everything and take a leave from my job personally to deal with that type shyt to make sure everyone is good. some things are bigger than money, a wack as Oscar, or a fukkin Film Festival :camby:

edit: found it. also it contains the clip of Lee Daniels which you should pay attention to. he always said she doesnt play the game or play ball (ex: like be a c00n or get on casting couch)

n fukk all that shyt yall nikkas talkin. they didnt want her to set a precedence but fukk that free promotion shyt. cacs say do so you better do :snoop: when I buy a car I remove all dealer plate covers, decals, etc...they aint cuttin me no check to ride around wit that shyt.

also, she had issue about role of Cookie on Empire and also not mentioning Daniels name at Oscars or some ceremony.

Last edited: