Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
DL said hit dogs “bark” but there he is barking it up in response again. I think both Monique and DL have some validity to their claims mixed in with equal amounts of bullshyt to make themselves the winner in their beef. That part sounds personal. The stuff about Tyler Perry, Oprah and Lee Daniela sounds like bad business getting exposed.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Understand this. Jerry Seinfeld is one of the richest comedians ever. He's virtually a BILLIONAIRE. Off the strength of ONE SHOW. I just looked it up on how he earned over 267M from the show in 1998 ALONE.

While the show FRIENDS was in its peak, each cast member was earning A MILLION PER EPISODE.

The Parkers been in syndication for 20 years. To break that math down 800M out of 20 years. That's 40M per year. 40M per year out of 100 episodes, that's 4m per episode. A show averaging in syndication 4M per episode is NOT far-fetched when a show like Friends had cast members earning 1M per episode by themselves.

Or better yet. LOOK at the net worth of the FRIENDS cast. Jennifer Anniston is 320M, Courtney Cox, 150M. Lisa Kuldrow 130M and the Perry & Swimmer both 120M. ALL OF THE STRENGTH OF ONE SHOW. Look it up, Friends as a series make a BILLION A YEAR AT LEAST. That's a YEAR. And we know how huge that show was. But we're questioning a mere $800M in TWENTY YEARS for The Parkers?
i never saw a post with this much words have 98% be all wrong lol

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
This is a ridiculous argument, the parkers is still in rotation on multiple channels unlike the shows you're comparing it to.

Why shouldn't The Parkers be judged alongside other shows still in rotation?

When I first heard about the $800 million figure, I was :skip: but this thread is making me change my mind.

If the residuals are still good, then the executives definitely made a lot of money off the show. The Parkers ran for five seasons, was the spinoff of another successful sitcom, reached 100 episodes, and has been syndicated for years since then. Guys like Jason Weaver and T.C. Carson still make money off their shows, so the idea that The Parkers has made $800 million in the last twenty-five years isn't ridiculous.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nikka said a “mere 800 million” :mjlol:

No damn UPN show is grossing $40M a year

You be fooled.

The Parkers at one point was the most viewed show among black people. In fact, imagine how much PARAMOUNT made from NETFLIX for all of those old UPN shows to stream? And that's not counting the other traditional syndication outlets. $40M a year is very logical. Those devils be making hundreds of millions off black viewership and we ASSUME it's a smaller entertainment company that money isn't flowing like that.

Imagine how much TUBI is raking in off those low budget black films? There's MONEY flowing off this racket and black people always tend to lowball the expectations and get blind sighted until it's too late. In Livin' Color put the FOX Network on the MAP, the Fox Network was no different from UPN, imagine how much MONEY that Keenan Ivory Wayans is NOT receiving that FOX is raking in off that show through syndication? And Fox took his own show away from him which was fuccked up. So, yea, this was why Dave Chappelle top people once to BOYCOTT the Chappelle Show because Comedy Central was making hundreds of millions off his show and he wanted them to make it right. The same BEEF that Mo'Nique has with Paramount right now. The same BEEF that Ice Cube has with Warner Brothers/Discovery right now with his Friday series. These white own entertainment companies are banking off these black shows and films and giving these filmmakers, show runners and cast members of these films and shows crumbs.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Stephen A is another gatekeeping clown. If you are blocked from making millions all due to a FALSE RUMOR that a gatekeeper put out there with receipts of that said gatekeeper admitting to wrongfully allowing that false rumor to spread. You SHOULD BE BITTER.

Any nikka trying block me from getting money? I supposed to be happy go-lucky? FOH with that shyt.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Latifah took control of her career from the beginning. She and long time business partner Shakim produce or co-produce many of the projects she does.Including Bessie and Equalizer. You'll see their names and Flavor Unit in the credits.

Every actor that had the spotlight had an opportunity to do the same thing, even if on a small scale. including Monique during the Parkers run or her Oscar promo tour.

Picture Latifah sitting on somebody's couch bytching and moaning for hours.
From what I gather from the comments here, Monique is saying the same things she's been saying in interviews for years now.

I think she and Taraji have similar situations, they had the right intentions but the wrong people to execute them.

LeBron James had his close associates apprentice under his original handlers. They got the training and experience to eventually be in a position to become Lebron's handlers.

Latifah and Shakim came up in the music business together under the Flavor Unit.,and essentially they apprenticed under Latifah's manager, record label, etc. Through the years, they learned enough to handle many of the functions of those handlers, and create their own companies and projects. In music, tv, and film industry.

Taraji put her associates in position to do that for her. But they proved to be ineffective during a period when her career was RED hot.
So, she fired them.

Monique's husband seems to be ineffective in his role as her handler, even when her career was RED hot. On the heels of her Oscar win.

Both of them railing against the system seems misdirected, and appears to be frustration with their handlers not being able to leverage their fame/awards into better deals.

Last edited:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
So Stephen A wants to be the new breakfast club with his dikk riding(pause) ass…

Dude will shuck and jive trying to find the wave that’s going on a winning side
Not surprised SAS had the take he had. He's the standard "company guy" wants badly to be in the room brushing elbows with celebs. I think he said his big goal is to take over one of the nightly show gigs like Kimmel.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You be fooled.

The Parkers at one point was the most viewed show among black people. In fact, imagine how much PARAMOUNT made from NETFLIX for all of those old UPN shows to stream? And that's not counting the other traditional syndication outlets. $40M a year is very logical. Those devils be making hundreds of millions off black viewership and we ASSUME it's a smaller entertainment company that money isn't flowing like that.

Imagine how much TUBI is raking in off those low budget black films? There's MONEY flowing off this racket and black people always tend to lowball the expectations and get blind sighted until it's too late. In Livin' Color put the FOX Network on the MAP, the Fox Network was no different from UPN, imagine how much MONEY that Keenan Ivory Wayans is NOT receiving that FOX is raking in off that show through syndication? And Fox took his own show away from him which was fuccked up. So, yea, this was why Dave Chappelle top people once to BOYCOTT the Chappelle Show because Comedy Central was making hundreds of millions off his show and he wanted them to make it right. The same BEEF that Mo'Nique has with Paramount right now. The same BEEF that Ice Cube has with Warner Brothers/Discovery right now with his Friday series. These white own entertainment companies are banking off these black shows and films and giving these filmmakers, show runners and cast members of these films and shows crumbs.
Exactly

The fact that even black people are undervaluing the ubiquity of black eyes is wild

Black folks consume more entertainment than just about anyone in the country and the people who have access to the numbers know this

Last edited: