Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
A couple of things with this on why the Cosbys is a horrible example.
1. That 2.5 billion number you most likely pulled from Wikipedia? Wikipedia doesnt have updated numbers. They cite their sources. 1 source gave a 1B number that looks to be based off 2013. And the source for the 1.5B added to that 1B, is from 2017
2. Cosby show was pulled from the air on a bunch of networks. So that would heavily affect how much it makes.

Someone a few pages back showed you how The Parkers are still on air and showing. Cosby show is barely on regular tv, probably some low reach network. Seems to only be available on prime for streaming.

U proving my point more by saying its a old figure

The parkers did not generate the same amount of money as Family Guy or cheers or freinds lol

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
1. U proving my point more by saying its a old figure

2. The parkers did not generate the same amount of money as Family Guy or cheers or friends lol
1. No I'm not. Im saying the Cosbys is a bad example because it was removed from the air. You used the Cosbys as this measuring stick of a successful show. If it wasnt removed from air and had updated figures Cosby show would probably be at 3.5B+. Thats why saying "cosbys made this so no way the parkers can get close to that" was bad.
2. You were talking about the cosbys. Idk why you so stuck on this 2B number. Monique said she was just guessing on that. The only thing she said with some certainty was the parkers made 700-800M in 2009. We will see how the lawsuit with CBS goes :manny:

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It in terms of the DL beef. Let's not ignore the extra hours DL sat on Vlad's couch spewing messiness, especially at Mo'Nique. You're right it's not about who is or isn't lying when both of their accounts of what happened are virtually identical, the only difference is their own perspectives of sincerity. DL didn't feel his cohosts did nothing wrong and felt he should be in the right because he didn't air it. Whereas Mo'Nique was offended.

The thing is, you cannot TELL someone how they should or should not feel. Something that maybe jokes and innocent fun to you, maybe very offensive to them and if you refuse to care how they feel or take that into consideration, then of course that person will have an ongoing issue with you.

My thing is, don't suddenly feel a way where jokes about your family are now out of bounds when your show OPENED that door when making jokes about someone's family. It's open season.
She's a comedian she's hung around them in comedy clubs for years she shouldn't be that sensitive.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1. No I'm not. Im saying the Cosbys is a bad example because it was removed from the air. You used the Cosbys as this measuring stick of a successful show. If it wasnt removed from air and had updated figures Cosby show would probably be at 3.5B+. Thats why saying "cosbys made this so no way the parkers can get close to that" was bad.
2. You were talking about the cosbys. Idk why you so stuck on this 2B number. Monique said she was just guessing on that. The only thing she said with some certainty was the parkers made 700-800M in 2009. We will see how the lawsuit with CBS goes :manny:
Breh if the parkers were making 800 million. That shyt would start a bidding war for exclusive rights.

Its nothing but profit at this point

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Breh if the parkers were making 800 million. That shyt would start a bidding war for exclusive rights.

Its nothing but profit at this point
I didnt say 800M a year. that 800M figure is from when it first started to when it ended and all revenue to til 2009, 800M. It was syndicated and popular, it's not farfetched that it made that much.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Did you peep the source to that? Cosby Show got fukked over in licensing fees and if they were given the same deals as Family Ties, which it rivaled at the time, they would have made way more. 2.5 is actually extremely low.

That’s more indicative of how shytty deals were in the early 80s.
The price tag for BET was 2.5 Billion. Same price tag as The Parkers alone. :russ:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didnt say 800M a year. that 800M figure is from when it first started to when it ended and all revenue to til 2009, 800M. It was syndicated and popular, it's not farfetched that it made that much.
U saying this show generated like 200 million a year for 5 years. Upn was like lets end this show. fukk that money :mjlol:

I remember forums used to be for smart people

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
U saying this show generated like 200 million a year for 5 years. Upn was like lets end this show. fukk that money :mjlol:

I remember forums used to be for smart people
You steady trying to insult the intelligence of users but say very dumb shyt yourself. By your logic Friends, Big bang theory, Seinfeld shouldve never gone off the air right? They were printing money. I guess every show that has ended, all of them were in the red?

Where are you getting 5 years, 200M at? Comprehension must be another big issue for you. Let me highlight things for you
I didnt say 800M a year. that 800M figure is from when it first started to when it ended and all revenue to til 2009, 800M.
Lets start with your trash math. I said 800m, that 200M for 5 years you listed is 1B. So right off the bat you on bullshyt. 800M =/= 1B
The parkers started in 99. I said that 800M was til 2009. 10 years. So that means over it's run and up to 2009 it averaged 80M a year in revenue for regular airing/reruncs/dvds sells etc. Which is possible.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You steady trying to insult the intelligence of users but say very dumb shyt yourself. By your logic Friends, Big bang theory, Seinfeld shouldve never gone off the air right? They were printing money. I guess every show that has ended, all of them were in the red?

Where are you getting 5 years, 200M at? Comprehension must be another big issue for you. Let me highlight things for you

Lets start with your trash math. I said 800m, that 200M for 5 years you listed is 1B. So right off the bat you on bullshyt. 800M =/= 1B
The parkers started in 99. I said that 800M was til 2009. 10 years. So that means over it's run and up to 2009 it averaged 80M a year in revenue for regular airing/reruncs/dvds sells etc. Which is possible.
The parkers wasnt even in the top 100 (their rank 137). No upn show was in the top 100. A show like My wife & kids must generated like 3 billion over a ten year span because that show almost quadruple the parkers ratings not to mention being on abc where ad costs way more than upn.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
The parkers wasnt even in the top 100 (their rank 137). No upn show was in the top 100. A show like My wife & kids must generated like 3 billion over a ten year span because that show almost quadruple the parkers ratings not to mention being on abc where ad costs way more than upn.
Idk it's possible, im not talking about my wife and kids. It's funny how you keep moving the goal posts. First it's the cosbys, then cheers, friends, now it's my wife and kids.
We have monique saying the show made 700-800M(up to 2009) and it only cost 70M(entire 5 year run) to produce.
Do you have anything on my wife and kids revenue or are you just pulling random numbers outta your ass?

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idk it's possible, im not talking about my wife and kids. It's funny how you keep moving the goal posts. First it's the cosbys, then cheers, friends, now it's my wife and kids.
We have monique saying the show made 700-800M(up to 2009) and it only cost 70M(entire 5 year run) to produce.
Do you have anything on my wife and kids revenue or are you just pulling random numbers outta your ass?

My wife was 42nd ranked

The Parkers are in the anemic bracket 137th ranked