Mo'Nique on Hollywood | CLUB SHAY SHAY

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Asking for proper compensation ain't burning bridges!

fukk that, I done leveraged success in a position for more compensation I deemed proper at every position!

She won an Oscar while making peanuts so asking to get paid right wasn't even that big of a transition. It wasn't like she was already making big and then asking for an amount that no one makes.
My point is "proper" compensation is what you can negotiate. That's all. Just like you said.

If they not willing to give it to you then move on.

Your worth is what people are willing to pay you. Damn what you think you should get. That's how it works.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I never understood got Orphas relationship with Weinstein wasnt looked into more
He had a lot of friends in Hollywood who knew he was a dirtbag and kept quiet. But unless you can get lots of people coming out sayin Oprah was forcing mufukkaz on her sexually, ain't shyt you can do.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Idk why yall wasting yall time arguing with ppl that didnt watch the full interview. They obviously have an agenda and nothing you say will deter from their "less thans should never speak out on the more successful" attitudes :russell:
idk how anybody can watch that interview & say she's bitter for wanting to compensated..the parts where she was talking about her husband & said how she needed deprogramming from that "a man cant tell me what to do i'm grown" mindset & being submissive by letting a man lead was a gem also..bet a lot of women a skip over that segment too
full

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
My point is "proper" compensation is what you can negotiate. That's all. Just like you said.

If they not willing to give it to you then move on.

Your worth is what people are willing to pay you. Damn what you think you should get. That's how it works.
You speaking babble!
People have and will continue to call out companies that under pay!
That let's people in the future know to look out for those companies!

There are companies that I warn people about in govt./Military contracting that are well known for underpaying and being fraudulent.

I wouldn't give 1 rat fukk if you had a problem with that.
I would tell you to go fukk yaself and die!

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Idk why yall wasting yall time arguing with ppl that didnt watch the full interview. They obviously have an agenda and nothing you say will deter from their "less thans should never speak out on the more successful" attitudes :russell:
The Interview was great !!!

Mo def took accountability for how she handled things at the time .

She still said what she said when it came to shyt about her business .

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didnt say "best" i said amongst the highest rated.... Parkers not even in Top 25 black sitcoms for TV ratings... 0 chance they have grossed over 100M.

they averaged 3.2M viewers per episode.
Martin averaged 9M
Fresh Prince 14.5M
Cosby Show 26M
Living Single 10M.
Understand this. Jerry Seinfeld is one of the richest comedians ever. He's virtually a BILLIONAIRE. Off the strength of ONE SHOW. I just looked it up on how he earned over 267M from the show in 1998 ALONE.

While the show FRIENDS was in its peak, each cast member was earning A MILLION PER EPISODE.

The Parkers been in syndication for 20 years. To break that math down 800M out of 20 years. That's 40M per year. 40M per year out of 100 episodes, that's 4m per episode. A show averaging in syndication 4M per episode is NOT far-fetched when a show like Friends had cast members earning 1M per episode by themselves.

Or better yet. LOOK at the net worth of the FRIENDS cast. Jennifer Anniston is 320M, Courtney Cox, 150M. Lisa Kuldrow 130M and the Perry & Swimmer both 120M. ALL OF THE STRENGTH OF ONE SHOW. Look it up, Friends as a series make a BILLION A YEAR AT LEAST. That's a YEAR. And we know how huge that show was. But we're questioning a mere $800M in TWENTY YEARS for The Parkers?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I usually side eye people that record stuff, but Monique was being attacked so it was fair game. We already knew Tyler Perry was a fukk nikka, so I'm glad Monique had audio of his lying ass. DL needs to sit down and shut up, because after he admitted to not believing his own daughter's abuse because he liked her boyfriend he became dirt to me.